By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Senua's Saga: Hellblade II announced for Xbox: Series X

Pemalite said:
trunkswd said:

Nah. Mid-range again.

An 8-core Zen 2 chip is a mid-range CPU on the desktop right now... 2-4 cores are low-end, 6-8 cores are mid-range, 12-16-18 core parts are high-end and 24-32-64 cores are Enthusiast.
And by the time next-gen consoles launch, Zen 3 will be on the market with a rumored 15% IPC uplift with potentially increased clockspeeds and core counts, so that will push an 8-core Zen 2 further down the ladder to potentially the low-end part of the market.

To consign 75% of all CPUs to a single low-end bracket while you reserve two denominations for hardware comprising 0.3% of the last Steam survey doesn't strike me as a particularly efficient analytical model Pema. It's like saying you need a $1 million net worth not to be considered poor...

That being said... CPUs with boost clocks in the low 3 GHz and core clocks around half that number, as these next generation consoles are supposed to be, not to mention at least one core reserved for OS and background, yeah, that's far more mundane than your average 8-core CPU on a PC.

Around the Network

The first was amazing. Can't wait to see this game in action. Will likely have to wait until 2021.

trunkswd said:
ironmanDX said:
The first was amazing. Can't wait to see this game in action. Will likely have to wait until 2021.

A launch in early 2021 would make sure there is not a big gap in AA-AAA releases. At launch I'd see Halo Infinite and Forza as the two big games. Then in 2021 a AA-AAA release in February/ March then another in May/June, with some smaller games in between. 

I feel like Hellblade 2 will be this gens Titanfall for MS. A game that's heavily advertised alongside the new console but launches a few months after the console releases.

CGI-Quality said:

More treats for y'all 

Yes, the character model, in-game, should look his good...

As a fellow Character Artist, I tip my hat to these folks! Only thing that could use a smidgen of touch-up is the SSS around her back cheeks and ears (another reason why I'm confident it is the in-game model being used within this in-engine cutscene), but otherwise, superb job!

Kinda off topic but I'm curious to know your thoughts on the 10 seconds of Halo Infinite footage from the Series X reveal trailer. Do you think the final game could come close to looking that good?

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Kinda off topic but I'm curious to know your thoughts on the 10 seconds of Halo Infinite footage from the Series X reveal trailer. Do you think the final game could come close to looking that good?

I'm pretty sure that the Forza, FIFA, and Halo clips in that reveal trailer were CGI. They just put them in there to show that those 3 games would release on Series X at launch. I assume the fact that they put FIFA in means that they have the FIFA marketing deal next year. I am curious if the Forza clip was designed to show the planned setting for Horizon 5. It was a desert, but I'm not sure which one.

Yeah same. Especially FIFA looked fake as hell. Don't see why the others wouldn't be CGI as well.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

I'm pretty sure that the Forza, FIFA, and Halo clips in that reveal trailer were CGI. They just put them in there to show that those 3 games would release on Series X at launch. I assume the fact that they put FIFA in means that they have the FIFA marketing deal next year. I am curious if the Forza clip was designed to show the planned setting for Horizon 5. It was a desert, but I'm not sure which one.

Ok that makes more sense. I could see then getting the FIFA deal to help them in Europe and these marketing deals seem to be pretty important at the start of the generation. As for Forza I think it's too soon for a new Horizon because Horizon 4 launched last year.  Next Horizon game should be 2021 at the earliest. 

Barozi said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah same. Especially FIFA looked fake as hell. Don't see why the others wouldn't be CGI as well.

It seems to happen every gen; about a year out we get a bunch of pre-rendered BS and tech demos that the final games never actually match.

haxxiy said:

To consign 75% of all CPUs to a single low-end bracket while you reserve two denominations for hardware comprising 0.3% of the last Steam survey doesn't strike me as a particularly efficient analytical model Pema. It's like saying you need a $1 million net worth not to be considered poor...

That being said... CPUs with boost clocks in the low 3 GHz and core clocks around half that number, as these next generation consoles are supposed to be, not to mention at least one core reserved for OS and background, yeah, that's far more mundane than your average 8-core CPU on a PC.

The Steam statistics are irrelevant.
It's pricing and product segmentation which determines what tier a CPU falls into.

8-Core CPU's are the mid-range right now thanks to pricing and AMD's product lineup... And that will be pushed even further downwards next year before next-gen launches.

jason1637 said:

In terms of visual pipeline, it would be pretty close, but they are pre-rendered.
It will likely be a little less "sharp" on a local console thanks to aliasing and filtering approaches consoles typically use... The last demonstration of the game we had showed some Depth of Field effects that I would fully expect to remain intact for the actual game as it's not CGI Quality.

But I could be completely wrong on that, just an assumption at this stage.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

A good start to next gen having Halo Infinite, an everybody shooter with massive focus on single player and multiplayer features with Hellblade 2's single player dark horror themes. Good variety so far. Throw in the king of racers Forza Motorsport 8 and it will take off.

All award winning franchises.

Looks great but probably 2021/22 at the earliest. But it looks so good it makes me really pumped to see what third party companies can do and what Sony can do on PS5.