By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I just noticed...Gamerankings disappeared....

Which did you prefer Metacritic or Game Rankings?

Metacritic 9 39.13%

Gamerankings 8 34.78%

I was oblivious to Gameranking's existence 6 26.09%

Total:23

And has been replaced by Metacritic (its more popular sister site) I, for one will miss it. It was my go to site for scouting games and references for 20 years. I preferred its search engine and classifications.

Around the Network

Well this sucks.

Love and tolerate.

I remember seeing about a week ago that it was closing. It sucks. I never used Metacritic much. I preferred Gamerankings by a wide margin.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Never really use either of them much, but when i do, it's usually Meta.

Wow. This sucks. Gamerankings was a fantastic archive of review scores from decades past. It was the best way to search for highly rated hidden gems. Metacritic sucks by comparison, due to a shitty search function, poor record keeping, and ads everywhere.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Wow. This sucks. Gamerankings was a fantastic archive of review scores from decades past. It was the best way to search for highly rated hidden gems. Metacritic sucks by comparison, due to a shitty search function, poor record keeping, and ads everywhere.

Indeed, their database for older titles was unmatched.

I think I will change to opencritic, but not sure how complete that is.

At least we still have it on the waybackmachine

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.gamerankings.com

I always preferred gamerankings. It will be missed.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I always used that site more than Metacritic, it was so much better, its clean design>>>>

Last edited by Keybladewielder - on 14 December 2019