By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I just noticed...Gamerankings disappeared....

Which did you prefer Metacritic or Game Rankings?

Metacritic 9 39.13%

Gamerankings 8 34.78%

I was oblivious to Gameranking's existence 6 26.09%

Total:23

Looks like it's time for another site to take its place...

You listening, ioi? It's time for Gamerankingz!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Looks like it's time for another site to take its place...

You listening, ioi? It's time for Gamerankingz!

That is a really damned good way to make sure vgchartz stays relevant in the future.

ruffy37 said:
I think I will change to opencritic, but not sure how complete that is.

Opencritic only focuses on the last four or five years of games. Pretty sure they actively clear games from their site after they get to be a certain age.

It was the same thing to me. No point having two sites that accumulate scores for IPs.

Azzanation said:
It was the same thing to me. No point having two sites that accumulate scores for IPs.

Gamerankings was dedicated to gaming and had a better, deeper catalogue of titles from even the 16-bit era.

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
Azzanation said:

Gamerankings was dedicated to gaming and had a better, deeper catalogue of titles from even the 16-bit era.

I havnt checked but i throught Metacritic did as well. 

Thats a shame, Maybe Metacritic can gain access to Gamerankings archives and use the missing info into there own site.

Noticed this too. They must have bought the ip. That's disappointing as I liked the fact that you could pull up their site much quicker and their reviews date back several more years. Metacritic scores don't run as far back as the 90s, not to mention their site runs slow as crap at times.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Used to use the site a fair amount. I liked it, but for no fault of it's own, drifted away from it a long time ago.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azzanation said:
SammyGiireal said:

I havnt checked but i throught Metacritic did as well. 

Thats a shame, Maybe Metacritic can gain access to Gamerankings archives and use the missing info into there own site.

I just checked some SNES games I know had scores on Gamerankings and they were not even listed in Metacritic's database.  Super Mario World was listed as a Wii game and a GBA game.  Super Mario World 2 didn't exist at all.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)