By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Likely 1st party titles for 2020

Style Savvy 5

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, true about TMS, it is a collaboration, which makes it hard for me to pin down if it is 1st or 3rd-party.

Well we can apply the Mario+Rabbids precedent, which is a Rabbids game (and thus a 3rd party title).

That's not the same thing though, Mario + Rabbids was fully funded by Ubisoft and published by them everywhere outside of Japan where Nintendo published it.

TMS is a Nintendo published and funded by Nintendo, developed by Atlus. 

The situation is more akin to something like Astral Chain - funded and published by Nintendo but developed by a third party.

TMS is a first party game.

I think the timing may be right to rebrand and rerelease Wii Sports...
I’ve seen a lot of nostalgia for it recently...
And I’d love to see the continuation of some smaller series...
I miss the Art Style games...
And Dillon’s Rolling Western had such cool characters...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
I think the timing may be right to rebrand and rerelease Wii Sports...
I’ve seen a lot of nostalgia for it recently...
And I’d love to see the continuation of some smaller series...
I miss the Art Style games...
And Dillon’s Rolling Western had such cool characters...

Nintendo did a great job with reinventing WiiFit as RingFit. Maybe they plan something similar with WiiSports? In any case, I would also take gladlyan old-style WiiSports with adapted controls for the JoyCons.

The ArtStyle games were great. I loved most the one with the numbers, I think that was named Code. And yes, something along these lines, simple games with clear visual style for a small price would be fine on Switch too.

And I love Dillon. Certainly would be nice if it would cometo Switch. Although I am not sure, if it can made for Switch with a small budget again. Vanpool did make Super Kirby Clash though, so a new Dillon might take some time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Oh I forgot. And the Pokemon Sword & Shield's 'third game'. Pokemon Bow & Arrow.

Around the Network

I'm waiting for Mario and Master Chief at the Olympic Games.

A few studios I can think of could have something lined up based on previous release cycles.

Camelot-for almost a decade they release a Mario Golf/Tennis game roughly every 2 years (Tennis Open-May 2012, World Tour-May 2014, Ultra Smash-Nov 2015, Aces-June 2018) so a new Golf title is possible.

HAL Labs-they release a traditional Kirby title roughly every 2 years (Return to Dreamland-Oct 2011, Triple Deluxe-Jan 2014, Planet Robobot-April 2016, Star Allies-March 2018) on top of being able to release spinoffs and smaller titles in between.

NDcube-like the other studios listed, they release at least 1 game every 2 years (2013-Party U/Island Tour, 2015-MP10/Amiibo Festival, 2016-Star Rush, 2017-Top 100, 2018-Super MP) so either a new Mario Party or a Wii Party spiritual successor.

Inti Systems-Even though Fire Emblem released just a few months ago, IIRC only about 40 of their 150 team members worked on it so a new Paper Mario is very possible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Already announced:
TMS #FE
Animal Crossing NH
Xenoblade DE

My guesses:
New 2D Mario (not with the new super mario style)
2D Metroid (the SM remake rumored in the other thread)
New Paper Mario (mix of TTYD and Color Splash)
Brain Training
Smash fighter pass season 2
More DLC for SMM2, FE, Ring Fit Adventure and Tetris 99
GB-GBC-GBA coming to the Switch Online

From third parties:
SMT V
Bayonetta 3
Octopath Traveller sequel or spiritual sequel

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Super Mario Odyssey 2, i firmly believe that will happen

freebs2 said:
- Mario Odyssey 2020 (Q4)
- Zelda Breath 2 (Q3)
- Bayonetta 3 (Q2)
- Animal Crossing (Q1)

Add a smaller title and a couple yet to be announced 3rd party ports.

This would be amazing. I feel like getting a new 2D Mario is more likely than getting a second 3D Mario. If BotW2 doesn't come out next year they better have something big timed for the release of the next gen of consoles.

I'd like to see this for my dream 2020:

AC

Bayonetta 3

BotW 2

new 2D Mario (a refresh, do away with New SMB series)

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

Wind Waker HD (maybe a WW, SS HD double pack?)

now that 3DS is dead - a couple new games from a handheld franchise like Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Warioware, brain training, or something like that

another 3rd party game with Nintendo IP would be awesome

a Switch Sports party budget title in the vein of Wii Sports

a Mario sports game, like Strikers

another fitness title to follow up Ring Fit Adventure

1 or 2 new titles from long standing franchises franchises we're waiting around for like Pikmin, Star Fox, Fzero, paper mario, etc

one new Nintendo IP

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 03 December 2019