By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
#35 - You start your journey by fighting a giant colossus.

Here's the obvious answer: Shadow of the Colossus.  (Although I really want to guess Dark Souls.)

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
#35 - You start your journey by fighting a giant colossus.

Here's the obvious answer: Shadow of the Colossus.  (Although I really want to guess Dark Souls.)

Wrong.

Hint: You start the game with maximum powers, but lost them after grabbing a sword.

RolStoppable said:
Jpcc86 said:

40) First game of a spinoff series of a popular RPG franchise that copies the Pokemon formula. 
Hint 2: Came out for GBC

Dragon Quest Monsters.

Thats right.

SanAndreasX said:

Gonna give this one last try before moving on.

37. The OTHER RPG, this one made by Namco, about a girl who goes on a pilgrimage to sacrifice herself to the gods.

Hint #2: Its localization was a huge leap up from earlier games due to being funded by Nintendo, and therefore it was a Gamecube exclusive in the US.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Wrong.

Hint: You start the game with maximum powers, but lost them after grabbing a sword.

God of War II.

Around the Network

Guessed by SanAndreasX

'Crazy Taxi' is just mindless fun. The game makes no sense, but that's okay. It centers around picking up a costumer and getting them to their desired location in the fastest way possible. This means cutting corners, drifting and speeding and even jumping from building to building. Near collisions and other stunts excite the costumer and nets you extra money. There's not really a goal in this game, because it's an arcade game at heart, the objective it just to stay within the time limit and get as high a score possible. This is addictive though, and the game has a lot of replay value. The upbeat soundtrack certainly helps as well. It was one of the games that got me stuck on the Dreamcast for a while.

#34: This game doesn't really conform to any genre, so what hint can I give. Maybe; Bulldozers?

S.Peelman said:

#34: This game doesn't really conform to any genre, so what hint can I give. Maybe; Bulldozers?

Blast Corps?

And I do have the freakin' Offspring song stuck in my head. Damn you, Peelman! 

SanAndreasX said:
S.Peelman said:

Blast Corps?

And I do have the freakin' Offspring song stuck in my head. Damn you, Peelman! 

Lol. You're welcome.

Blast Corps is right, very good!

SanAndreasX said:
Landale_Star said:

33. The first time this game made it to the west, some bad translation created the fearsome Y Burn.

Final Fantasy V

Correct

SanAndreasX said:

SanAndreasX said:

Gonna give this one last try before moving on.

37. The OTHER RPG, this one made by Namco, about a girl who goes on a pilgrimage to sacrifice herself to the gods.

Hint #2: Its localization was a huge leap up from earlier games due to being funded by Nintendo, and therefore it was a Gamecube exclusive in the US.

Tales of Symphonia

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 27 November 2019