By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

God it's already difficult.

49: Super Ghouls n Ghosts?

Nope, I never played Ghouls and Ghosts.

Diablo then maybe.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
S.Peelman said:
Okay let's start mine. Not sure what kind of hint I'll make that's not a boring description of the game, so this is probably pretty hard;

#50: So this classic arcade game has been cloned thousands of times with all kinds of different themes over the passing decades. Though the game has nothing to do with the movie at all, one such clone featured the quote "Game Over man, Game Over!" spoken by Bill Paxton from Aliens, when you lose.

Tetris?

Though I should admit I'm not sure whether or not there's another game that features this quote and would therefore fit my hint, I'm not looking for Tetris.

a) Fight gargoyles, golems, undead warriors and other monsters in dungeons riddled with traps.

Dark Souls?

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Nope, I never played Ghouls and Ghosts.

Diablo then maybe.

Nope.

Jpcc86 said:

a) Fight gargoyles, golems, undead warriors and other monsters in dungeons riddled with traps.

Dark Souls?

Also nope.

This game might be a harder nut to crack than my #48 which Trucks instantly solved. It is probably a bit more obscure.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

S.Peelman said:
Okay let's start mine. Not sure what kind of hint I'll make that's not a boring description of the game, so this is probably pretty hard;

#50: So this classic arcade game has been cloned thousands of times with all kinds of different themes over the passing decades. Though the game has nothing to do with the movie at all, one such clone featured the quote "Game Over man, Game Over!" spoken by Bill Paxton from Aliens, when you lose.

I know nothing about the quote, but one classic arcade game which was copied very often was Breakout.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network

I guess I'll give hints to my first few games as well, though first I'll mention the games that fell off my list this year.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time:

Still a great game, but with some shuffling happening and a few new games entering my top 50 It just fell below the cutoff point. 

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past:

Last year A Link to the Past fell three places to #47, and unfortunately this time it went down four places and just barely out of my top 50. Maybe if I replay it some day the game could make a return, but as things stand, there were just 50 games I felt more strongly about when I was editing my list this year.

Now for the first few hints:

-This game is a continuation from the fifth possible ending in a game called Drakengard.

-In the mind of a dying man.

-To finish the game you need to shoot a small hole in the moon.

Question: Seeing @mZuzek post in here, is this the post to include the Honorable Mentions that didnt make the list or can I just add them tomorrow in the other topic when the list starts.  

Follow up question: Given that christmas season is coming and I might travel, a couple of days I might not be able to enter the forum and edit my list, any issue if I add those couple of games beforehand?

Follow up question number 2: What happens if you put shampoo and conditioner on at the same time? 

Darashiva said:

I guess I'll give hints to my first few games as well, though first I'll mention the games that fell off my list this year.

Still a great game, but with some shuffling happening and a few new games entering my top 50 It just fell below the cutoff point. 

Last year A Link to the Past fell three places to #47, and unfortunately this time it went down four places and just barely out of my top 50. Maybe if I replay it some day the game could make a return, but as things stand, there were just 50 games I felt more strongly about when I was editing my list this year.

-This game is a continuation from the fifth possible ending in a game called Drakengard.

#49 must be to the moon.

I have no idea about #48, but as I know a game Moon Hunters exists and this sounds like you hunt the moon - I just say Moon Hunters and hope for blind luck.

Darashiva said:

#48: Portal 2

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

#49 must be to the moon.

I have no idea about #48, but as I know a game Moon Hunters exists and this sounds like you hunt the moon - I just say Moon Hunters and hope for blind luck.

Correct on To the Moon. Moon Hunters is wrong.

TruckOSaurus said:

#48: Portal 2

Correct.