By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cuts for the Sw/Sh dex were worse than even the most pessimistic predictions

Tagged games:

RingoGaSuki said:
GoOnKid said:

So, honest questions. What is the number that Pokémon fans feel like is enough? Do people really expect every generation to constantly grow without an end? Where is the sweet spot? When will the number be just to overwhelmingly high?

Who even is motivated enough to collect, trade and evolve almost 900 Pokémon? That sounds like a chore and nothing else.

More is NOT always better.

There should be no limit ...

Stopped reading there. You clearly don't live in reality. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
GoOnKid said:

So, honest questions. What is the number that Pokémon fans feel like is enough? Do people really expect every generation to constantly grow without an end? Where is the sweet spot? When will the number be just to overwhelmingly high?

Who even is motivated enough to collect, trade and evolve almost 900 Pokémon? That sounds like a chore and nothing else.

More is NOT always better.

There should be no limit for the amount that are actually usable in the game. Regional dexes (and so Pokemon that are catchable in-game) should be Kalos size at least (450-500 mon), and all others should be able to be migrated in at the very least. There is no reason to keep any out, Pokemon is the biggest money-making machine in the world, they can afford added staff.

I've got around 770 Pokemon at the moment (missing a lot of mythicals, but idc about them so that's fine), and would like to bring them forward. It's not like you're catching them all in one game, the collection is built over time, that's the whole point.

Ok but why Kalos size? Is that a personal preference?

And then I wonder, why is there even a need for new Pokémon when nearly all type combinations already exist? Why do so many bird and fish Pokémon exist when there are a shit ton of them already. Heck, why even introduce new Pokémon at all when fans only want to use their handful of favorites anyway?

I get the idea of collecting and accomplishing and feeling the achievement of completing everything there is to offer. But this new game doesn't take away anything you have achieved in the past. 770 is a huge number and you can be very proud of that, but nobody is going to take that away from you. And another honest question: if you had the option to use them in Sword and Shield... would you really? Would you really go all the way to import them into that game? What for?

GoOnKid said:
RingoGaSuki said:

There should be no limit for the amount that are actually usable in the game. Regional dexes (and so Pokemon that are catchable in-game) should be Kalos size at least (450-500 mon), and all others should be able to be migrated in at the very least. There is no reason to keep any out, Pokemon is the biggest money-making machine in the world, they can afford added staff.

I've got around 770 Pokemon at the moment (missing a lot of mythicals, but idc about them so that's fine), and would like to bring them forward. It's not like you're catching them all in one game, the collection is built over time, that's the whole point.

I get the idea of collecting and accomplishing and feeling the achievement of completing everything there is to offer. But this new game doesn't take away anything you have achieved in the past. 

It does since apparently I cant transfer a huge chunk of my competitive mons that Ive  spent a lot of time breeding so that they have the right IVs, natures and stats. And that ive bothered to keep stored in a paid service that now will no longer be supported as far as we know.

Jpcc86 said:
GoOnKid said:

I get the idea of collecting and accomplishing and feeling the achievement of completing everything there is to offer. But this new game doesn't take away anything you have achieved in the past. 

It does since apparently I cant transfer a huge chunk of my competitive mons that Ive  spent a lot of time breeding so that they have the right IVs, natures and stats. And that ive bothered to keep stored in a paid service that now will no longer be supported as far as we know.

Good point but that only affects competitive players. Do numbers exist in that regard? How many competitive players exist? When I'm thinking of a normal distribution then it should only be a fairly small sample of the total sum, while the big junk just plays the game in solo mode with some people trying an occasional online battle here and there. Maybe it's not normally distributed, however. Numbers would be great.

I'll stop defending the game here. I could go on and on but that would look like me trying to make up excuses. I get that you and other competitive players feel robbed, but at the same time I believe that this doesn't concern most players. Let's look what Pokémon Home brings to the table, maybe some problems will be solved then.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
mZuzek said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Ha.

You do you.

Looks like he knows nothing about the situation and is just rambling and bitching about people with legit complains. Rant and complain about people complaining... This forum is becaming unbearable.

Well, at least it's not that bad as in Resetera :P

Actually, the people complaining about other people complaining are the minority here.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

ClassicGamingWizzz said: 

Looks like he knows nothing about the situation and is just rambling and bitching about people with legit complains. Rant and complain about people complaining... This forum is becaming unbearable.

Eh, to be fair, Runa goes way back.

To be fair, I'm one of the only ones in this thread who is speaking with any semblance of reason and seems to have any sort of tangible link to reality. The rest of you are all off your rockers and seem to have absolutely no idea how economics work. 

Not getting all the content from the previous games ported over to the new game is not a good excuse for complaints, no matter how much you think it is. Complaining becuase the graphics aren't as crisp as other games isn't a good excuse for complaints. Pokemon has never been about graphics, it's always been about giving the player the freedom to make their own parties and collect them all. there are still 400+ pokemon in this game, if you think that's not enough, then that's on you. 

Keep being an entitled, cynical, internet brat; you and so many others who think you deserve the world no matter how inviable it is. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
RingoGaSuki said:

There should be no limit ...

Stopped reading there. You clearly don't live in reality. 

Sure thing lol. It's not as if the models for all of the old Pokemon already exist or anything.

They don't have to keep making new Pokemon, there's enough as it is. But there's no excuse for cutting content that already exists, and is absolutely portable forward to the new games.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 10 November 2019

Did anybody catch the stream last night? The old restriction that traded Pokemon won't obey you has been widened, now you straight up cannot catch any Pokemon over a certain level until you clear story goals, even if you encounter them legitimately in the wild. (Dude on the stream found a level 28 Sneasel, couldn't catch it because it was over L25).

Just fucking why? I can't wait until somebody loses a shiny to this shit, it's like they're actively trying to take any enjoyment out of the games.

On top of that, every battle now takes place in a void, not an environment. Even Let's Go games had an environment around you in battle, who the fuck is making these decisions? It makes no fucking sense.

Not like it matters though, they're investing as little as possible, but will still make more money than they ever have before. Even if these just sell 12m, that's still more money than any game's brought in since G/S/C.

RingoGaSuki said:
Did anybody catch the stream last night? The old restriction that traded Pokemon won't obey you has been widened, now you straight up cannot catch any Pokemon over a certain level until you clear story goals, even if you encounter them legitimately in the wild. (Dude on the stream found a level 28 Sneasel, couldn't catch it because it was over L25).

Just fucking why? I can't wait until somebody loses a shiny to this shit, it's like they're actively trying to take any enjoyment out of the games.

On top of that, every battle now takes place in a void, not an environment. Even Let's Go games had an environment around you in battle, who the fuck is making these decisions? It makes no fucking sense.

Not like it matters though, they're investing as little as possible, but will still make more money than they ever have before. Even if these just sell 12m, that's still more money than any game's brought in since G/S/C.

What do you mean by this?

RingoGaSuki said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp605udv3vk I'm not seeing a void...