By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's GTAIV advertising to match Halo 3's (Starts this week)

ssj12 said:
Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Cool! This should really help the PS3 a lot.

lol wut? The advertising is for the 360 GTA IV, not the PS3 one :P

This should help the 360 GTA IV a lot.

M$ still has to put that the game is on the PS3 as well; otherwise Sony can sue them for fase-advertising.

You will see at the very end the typical black screen with the GT4 logo and XBLA and PS3 on it, followed by the screen with the giant 360 icon.

Same advertising style as COD4 received.

Here's a UK one, no mention of the PS3.

Around the Network

well thats illegal as heck, then again the UK has different advert laws.

Plus isnt Sony advertising the game too.

Either that or Sony and m$ doesnt care if their console is mentioned in commercials but Sony did say they are doing ads too so who cares.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think as long as they don't have "Only on Xbox 360" anywhere they're fine.

sony needs to get their thumb out of thier ass and get aggressive with this game.

dabaus513 said:
sony needs to get their thumb out of thier ass and get aggressive with this game.

they actually have, all printed ads have the PS3 first

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Id base the success of DLC on the number of pre-orders and first day sales for the 360. If you cant be bothered to get the game in the first few days. You wont be bothered to get the DLC.

$50M can pay for a lot of advertising. To think the $50M MS coughed up wouldn't make a difference ... I have a great lake to sell doubters in the Mideast. PM me for details ...

Considering i never saw a single Halo3 ad on TV, i'm not expecting much from MS with GTA4. Now the GoW game on the PSP has a lot of ads on TV, i have seen their ads atleast 100 times, and i'm not joking.

Really? Halo was pretty much the only commercial I saw for about two weeks.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
regin2005 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Theoretical Conversation between a 'casual', and a GameStop employee

Customer: I'd like to buy Grand Theft Auto IV
Employee: For which system?
C: Does it matter?
E: Well, the 360 version is 'complete'?
C: How so?
E: It has Exclusive episodic content available to download in the future
C: Cool, is it free?
E: No, you have to pay for it.
C: Does the PS3 version have this EEC?
E: No, nothing to download after you buy it.
C: So on the 360, I have to pay to play the complete version of the game?
E: Yes.
C: I want to buy the Arcade [360], since I wanted UNO on the 360, will the downloads fit on the itty-bitty memory card they gave me?
E: Most likely not, you'll have to buy one of the XBOX 360 hard drives.
C: Those are hideously overpriced, so I can't even play the full version of the game if I buy the Arcade, which is for casual people to buy?
E: I wouldn't put it like that, but yeah.
C: Okay, I think I'll take the PS3 version then, it just feels like less hassle.

I mean, I don't think that that's exactly how the conversation will go, but I do think that this DLC is only going to be important to 'hardcore' gamers.

Umm...what?  The only way that conversation will end like that if the customer buying GTA4 is not a complete fan of the franchise.  (Customer still buys game and allbut will not likely finish it.)  

Ask anyone who is a DIEHARD fan or ANYONE that's a fan of GTA4 this question, not even mentioning what version is on what console:  "What version of GTA4 would you most likely get?  The 'complete' version or the 'incomplete' version?" (Complete version meaning, The Complete GTA4 Experience)

How many people will want the 'INCOMPLETE' version of GTA4?

The End.

As I said.  This is for a casual, at the top of my post, here, I'll bold it for you.

Do you see it now?  Did I say hardcore fan?