By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's GTAIV advertising to match Halo 3's (Starts this week)

If MS were serious, they should've released that limited edition gta4 elite (only 500 were produced) to the public and bundled it with the game.  It would've sold much better than the Halo theme 360.

Around the Network
fastyxx said:
C: I'd like GTA on the Wii
E: It doesn't come for the Wii
C: Well then I'll just take a Wii and some shovelware....oh and a copy of Wii Play for the extra controller.

Now THAT's how the conversation will go.

Sadly... for most of the older people coming into the store I work at this is true so... QFT!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

DMeisterJ said:
Theoretical Conversation between a 'casual', and a GameStop employee

Customer: I'd like to buy Grand Theft Auto IV
Employee: For which system?
C: Does it matter?
E: Well, the 360 version is 'complete'?
C: How so?
E: It has Exclusive episodic content available to download in the future
C: Cool, is it free?
E: No, you have to pay for it.
C: Does the PS3 version have this EEC?
E: No, nothing to download after you buy it.
C: So on the 360, I have to pay to play the complete version of the game?
E: Yes.
C: I want to buy the Arcade [360], since I wanted UNO on the 360, will the downloads fit on the itty-bitty memory card they gave me?
E: Most likely not, you'll have to buy one of the XBOX 360 hard drives.
C: Those are hideously overpriced, so I can't even play the full version of the game if I buy the Arcade, which is for casual people to buy?
E: I wouldn't put it like that, but yeah.
C: Okay, I think I'll take the PS3 version then, it just feels like less hassle.

I mean, I don't think that that's exactly how the conversation will go, but I do think that this DLC is only going to be important to 'hardcore' gamers.

Umm...what?  The only way that conversation will end like that if the customer buying GTA4 is not a complete fan of the franchise.  (Customer still buys game and allbut will not likely finish it.)  

Ask anyone who is a DIEHARD fan or ANYONE that's a fan of GTA4 this question, not even mentioning what version is on what console:  "What version of GTA4 would you most likely get?  The 'complete' version or the 'incomplete' version?" (Complete version meaning, The Complete GTA4 Experience)

How many people will want the 'INCOMPLETE' version of GTA4?

The End.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

starcraft said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
So at the end of the commercial, it will say "Only on xbox 360" or something like that and only have the 360 version?

Can they do that? Its a multi platform game..
They are free to say that the DLC is "Only on Xbox 360."  They can advertise the whole game and never mention the PS3, but they cannot say the game in general is "Only on Xbox 360."

They can also say this at the end of the commercial/ad, "Get the Complete GTA4 Experience, Only on XBox 360!"

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Looking forward to the commercials. Hope it's good

Around the Network

It's not going to be the same, this is an exaggeration.

Will there be a GTA IV drink? Niko on Burger King cups and wrappers?

This is a multiplatform 3rd party game, not 1st party MS.

Also some people are really overestimating the importance of DLC, the cheaper price of the 360 will be a much bigger factor.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

selnor said:
I think it's safe to say if your a GTA fan there is no way you can get the PS3 version. I knew the DLC was gonna be huge. And the ammount of avertising halo 3 had was awesome. Sorry PS3 fanboys but it is what it is.

Unless of course if you have a PS3 and not a 360 or if you wanted to buy a PS3 more than a 360...shocking I know. Anyway we'll see how many GTA fans are 'out of their minds' enough to buy it on the PS3, I'm willing to bet that it will be quite a lot.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Cool! This should really help the PS3 a lot.

lol wut? The advertising is for the 360 GTA IV, not the PS3 one :P

This should help the 360 GTA IV a lot.

M$ still has to put that the game is on the PS3 as well; otherwise Sony can sue them for fase-advertising.

You will see at the very end the typical black screen with the GT4 logo and XBLA and PS3 on it, followed by the screen with the giant 360 icon.

Same advertising style as COD4 received.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@SSJ: The CoD4 commercial would have had you believe that the game was PS3-exclusive. Same with the Sony-funded Assassin's Creed ad.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
@SSJ: The CoD4 commercial would have had you believe that the game was PS3-exclusive. Same with the Sony-funded Assassin's Creed ad.

exactly but the black screen still showed the XBL thing in the final title screen

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453