By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's GTAIV advertising to match Halo 3's (Starts this week)

Griffin said:
Considering i never saw a single Halo3 ad on TV, i'm not expecting much from MS with GTA4. Now the GoW game on the PSP has a lot of ads on TV, i have seen their ads atleast 100 times, and i'm not joking.

Man, do you have cable?!!!!!!!! I saw so many Halo 3 ads, I saw that fool Master Chief in my dreams! I can tell you - it was plastered all over the place. I can't think of another game I saw more ads for than Halo 3. 

Around the Network
selnor said:
I think it's safe to say if your a GTA fan there is no way you can get the PS3 version. I knew the DLC was gonna be huge. And the ammount of avertising halo 3 had was awesome. Sorry PS3 fanboys but it is what it is.

I guess you really told them...

Your a little narrow sighted here , aren't you? 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

regin2005 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Theoretical Conversation between a 'casual', and a GameStop employee

Customer: I'd like to buy Grand Theft Auto IV
Employee: For which system?
C: Does it matter?
E: Well, the 360 version is 'complete'?
C: How so?
E: It has Exclusive episodic content available to download in the future
C: Cool, is it free?
E: No, you have to pay for it.
C: Does the PS3 version have this EEC?
E: No, nothing to download after you buy it.
C: So on the 360, I have to pay to play the complete version of the game?
E: Yes.
C: I want to buy the Arcade [360], since I wanted UNO on the 360, will the downloads fit on the itty-bitty memory card they gave me?
E: Most likely not, you'll have to buy one of the XBOX 360 hard drives.
C: Those are hideously overpriced, so I can't even play the full version of the game if I buy the Arcade, which is for casual people to buy?
E: I wouldn't put it like that, but yeah.
C: Okay, I think I'll take the PS3 version then, it just feels like less hassle.

I mean, I don't think that that's exactly how the conversation will go, but I do think that this DLC is only going to be important to 'hardcore' gamers.

Umm...what? The only way that conversation will end like that if the customer buying GTA4 is not a complete fan of the franchise. (Customer still buys game and allbut will not likely finish it.)

Ask anyone who is a DIEHARD fan or ANYONE that's a fan of GTA4 this question, not even mentioning what version is on what console: "What version of GTA4 would you most likely get? The 'complete' version or the 'incomplete' version?" (Complete version meaning, The Complete GTA4 Experience)

How many people will want the 'INCOMPLETE' version of GTA4?

The End.

But how many of those fans of this franchise (which has previously been PS exclusive) would want to be able to play the whole game without their console of choice RROD'ing on them?

match halo advertising? where is my gta soda and limited editition console

i was going to buy gta 4 for my 360, but since ms can't make a console worth a damn my, 360 got shipped for repare 2 days ago and won't be back until after the launch of gta, therefore i'm buying it for the ps3.
so advertise all you want ms

Around the Network

@segajon

same exact thing happened to me with COD4

it sux doesn't you send your console in for repair, 3 months later i gotta send it back in.

my sega genesis still works perfect got it in 1992, well my brother bought it i was only 2 at the time

segajon said:
it sux doesn't you send your console in for repair, 3 months later i gotta send it back in.

my sega genesis still works perfect got it in 1992, well my brother bought it i was only 2 at the time

You realize that by waiting a week or two after the GTAIV launch you can get the only game with the possibility of being the "complete GTAIV experience?"

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow, they did a study where they asked some 5 year olds to wait 10 minutes with some candy because if they did they got 3x the candy (I.E wait and not eat it) . The ones that waited were MUCH more successful in life than the ones who couldn't.

Well, not too late to start now is it? ^^

Tease.

starcraft said:
segajon said:

You realize that by waiting a week or two after the GTAIV launch you can get the only game with the possibility of being the "complete GTAIV experience?"

i realise my 360 has crashed 3 times so from now on when games are released on both consoles i will get it on my ps3