By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's GTAIV advertising to match Halo 3's (Starts this week)

Whats funny is that on GT TV SONY SAID

THEY would get behind GTA IV with A LOT of marketing..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

good i need another reason to drink Mt DEw

GTA DEW, Blood red

Theoretical Conversation between a 'casual', and a GameStop employee

Customer: I'd like to buy Grand Theft Auto IV
Employee: For which system?
C: Does it matter?
E: Well, the 360 version is 'complete'?
C: How so?
E: It has Exclusive episodic content available to download in the future
C: Cool, is it free?
E: No, you have to pay for it.
C: Does the PS3 version have this EEC?
E: No, nothing to download after you buy it.
C: So on the 360, I have to pay to play the complete version of the game?
E: Yes.
C: I want to buy the Arcade [360], since I wanted UNO on the 360, will the downloads fit on the itty-bitty memory card they gave me?
E: Most likely not, you'll have to buy one of the XBOX 360 hard drives.
C: Those are hideously overpriced, so I can't even play the full version of the game if I buy the Arcade, which is for casual people to buy?
E: I wouldn't put it like that, but yeah.
C: Okay, I think I'll take the PS3 version then, it just feels like less hassle.

I mean, I don't think that that's exactly how the conversation will go, but I do think that this DLC is only going to be important to 'hardcore' gamers.

Riot Of The Blood said:
selnor said:
I think it's safe to say if your a GTA fan there is no way you can get the PS3 version. I knew the DLC was gonna be huge. And the ammount of avertising halo 3 had was awesome. Sorry PS3 fanboys but it is what it is.

No one cares about DLC outside of a niche market. You act like all 18m 360 owners have their console going online.
Over 10 mill live sunscribers now. DLC is the future. I actually hate discs. I also havent bought a film for 10 months. I download. I have a big feeling 360 sales will soar soon. 

@selnor

if they didn't soar even when their cheaper than the wii in EU I doubt they will soar due to even GTA IV

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

C: I want to buy the Arcade [360], since I wanted UNO on the 360, will the downloads fit on the itty-bitty memory card they gave me?
C: Those are hideously overpriced, so I can't even play the full version of the game if I buy the Arcade, which is for casual people to buy?
C: Okay, I think I'll take the PS3 version then, it just feels like less hassle.

I mean, I don't think that that's exactly how the conversation will go, but I do think that this DLC is only going to be important to 'hardcore' gamers.

More like:

C: I want GTAIV

E: For which system?

C: Which is cheapest?

E: 360 Arcade is the cheapest, but you can't download additional content onto that.

C: Oh... Do I need that?

E: No it's just extra missions and stuff, but you'd need a 360 Pro or Elite which cost more.

C: What about the PS3? Does it have d/l content too?

E: The extra content is only on 360.  Otherwise the PS3 and 360 versions are identical.  The PS3 costs even more than 360 Pro but it does have a built in Blu-ray player for HD movies.

C: (If he has HDTV) I'll take the PS3. (If not) I'll take the 360 Arcade and get a hd later if I want.

So at the end of the commercial, it will say "Only on xbox 360" or something like that and only have the 360 version?

Can they do that? Its a multi platform game..

CaptainPrefrences said:
So at the end of the commercial, it will say "Only on xbox 360" or something like that and only have the 360 version?

Can they do that? Its a multi platform game..
They are free to say that the DLC is "Only on Xbox 360."  They can advertise the whole game and never mention the PS3, but they cannot say the game in general is "Only on Xbox 360."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DMeisterJ said:

Sorry DMJ but that didn't make any sense... At the end of your post you said the DLC is not important, but somehow it plays a part when it comes to the user not wanting a Arcade 360?

On the other hand, if you were trying to make a stealth joke, you succeeded ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

C: I'd like GTA on the Wii
E: It doesn't come for the Wii
C: Well then I'll just take a Wii and some shovelware....oh and a copy of Wii Play for the extra controller.

Now THAT's how the conversation will go.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?