By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's GTAIV advertising to match Halo 3's (Starts this week)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-s-gta-iv-spend-to-match-halo-3

Matt Martin 12:25 (BST) 17/04/2008

"Microsoft has said that its marketing push for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV is going to match that of last year's Halo 3 release.

"Our campaign is the same sort of scale as our Halo 3 campaign last year so you can expect to see and hear a lot about GTA IV on Xbox 360 over the coming weeks," commented Stephen McGill, head of gaming for Xbox UK.

"The campaign starts this week with lifestyle press advertising and hits the TV screens this weekend, running through and beyond launch and we’re confident this will help drive awareness of GTA IV and Xbox 360 with a very wide audience."

(more at the link)

Around the Network

They should've been doing this earlier.

looks like PS3 is doomed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cool! This should really help the PS3 a lot.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I think it's safe to say if your a GTA fan there is no way you can get the PS3 version. I knew the DLC was gonna be huge. And the ammount of avertising halo 3 had was awesome. Sorry PS3 fanboys but it is what it is.

Around the Network

This is going to be big..............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Where's my GTA Dew?

It's about time, they need to really make GTA4 look like it's best played on the 360 if they want to gain a good lead on the PS3.

They mention further down in the article that the downloadable content will be massive. It's too bad they're not playing that up more (or maybe they will?).

selnor said:
I think it's safe to say if your a GTA fan there is no way you can get the PS3 version. I knew the DLC was gonna be huge. And the ammount of avertising halo 3 had was awesome. Sorry PS3 fanboys but it is what it is.

No one cares about DLC outside of a niche market. You act like all 18m 360 owners have their console going online.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!