By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 3 thread: Impressions and Reviews

I liked the gamecube original alot. I loved part 2 on the 3ds. I think this one is so much more of everything. Bigger game, and more to do. I cant wait.

Around the Network

Nintendo is killing it the past few months!

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

OC 85 on 57 reviews.

https://opencritic.com/game/8013/luigis-mansion-3

MC 86 on 64 reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/luigis-mansion-3

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 28 October 2019

that first door down from the parking lot... damn I spent about 15mins trapped in there lol. Amazing looking game though, some of the reflection work in the marble lobby area I'm still trying to work out how it's done, it's either a very powerful effect or a very smart effect, but it looks beautiful and slightly beyond the power of the Switch.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Unsurprising scores, just three more days! Stupid but I wish they woulda released it a week sooner so I can actually play it during Halloween month.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Another awesome game from Nintendo this year. With Sword/Shield coming out it will make 7 great Switch exclusives in under a year!

Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Poke'mon Sword/Shield

Oh so you've played Sword/Shield already? Ha I kid, we all know you don't need to play a game to have an informed opinion of it. :L

Around the Network

I loved loved loved the original on Gamecube, but never got to play the 3DS sequel.

This one looks to build a lot on top of what made the original so good. The visuals are also among the best I’ve seen on the switch.
So I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Based on the reviews I’ve read/watched, it seems to be the best in the series so far. So obviously, this one is a no-brainer for me.

MediEvil, Ni No Kuni Remastered, DQXIS, Ori, and I still got to finish Link’s Awakening...

Too many games to play at this time of the year!

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Unsurprising scores, just three more days! Stupid but I wish they woulda released it a week sooner so I can actually play it during Halloween month.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Another awesome game from Nintendo this year. With Sword/Shield coming out it will make 7 great Switch exclusives in under a year!

Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Poke'mon Sword/Shield

Oh so you've played Sword/Shield already? Ha I kid, we all know you don't need to play a game to have an informed opinion of it. :L

I expect it to get at least an 80. With all the corner cutting Gamefreak did for this one I don't see it getting anything above 84. 

Pokemon hate is strong. Reminds me of the Fire Emblem hate.

Chrkeller said:
Pokemon hate is strong. Reminds me of the Fire Emblem hate.

Fire Emblem hate? what? no one hates that game series at all.

Pokemon isnt hated either..... but I'd say that theres alot that think the series is overrated, and gets by, by appealing to the very young crowd, and people that are into overload of cuteness with character designs. If you ignored the cute designs of pokemons, the games arnt enough to warrent their review scores. Theres also some that think the devs are lazy, and rehash too much, instead of trying to make a art work of a game, they re happy to just scape by and earn money. Ei. devs lack passion for their game.

My sister is dying to play Luigi's Mansion on her Switch. Feels so good when non-gamers get into Nintendo games.