By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 82 / OC: 83 / GR: 83.17%

Tagged games:

I'll put 92. But this is no Nintendo game so i can see some bias reviews like empty world (BOTW ekehm) But i say 92. Death Stranding will be a masterpiece from the Prophet Bibeo Hijimbo.

Around the Network
zkp said:
I'll put 92. But this is no Nintendo game so i can see some bias reviews like empty world (BOTW ekehm) But i say 92. Death Stranding will be a masterpiece from the Prophet Bibeo Hijimbo.

Have you ever played BOTW? Can barely take three steps without finding something in that game.

I predict it to be one the defining games of this console generation and a master piece our great grandchildren will still sing songs about. Also, the game runs on the Horizon Zero Dawn engine and Guerilla games helped out with the development. Sony just announced they are looking to buy more studios so I totally predict them buying Kojima studios, and effectively putting next gen on lock-down.

John2290 said:
Pretty sure the reviews aren't dropping for another 6 hours.

It's probably due to Bra wanting to get some sleep.

Replicant said:
John2290 said:
Pretty sure the reviews aren't dropping for another 6 hours.

It's probably due to Bra wanting to get some sleep.

Yup, sadly I can't afford to stay up for that, I really need some sleep for tomorrow, but I'll wake up not that long after the embargo lifts to update the thread at least with the numbers (I'll see if I have the time to quote and link some reviews too, but I dunno).

Around the Network

87 for me

I predict 84. A really good game with some great ideas but slow start and some pacing issues hold this title bck.

Hmmm...it's tough to where critics will land overall for this one. They loved MGSV and this seems like a similar beast. I'll guess an 89.

Sorry guys but I'm going now, so the prediction round is now closed.
Reviews will it in about 3:30 hours and I'll be back in around 5:30 hours.
If any mod feel like updating the thread title with the metacritic score before I come, feel free to do it.
See you guys later.

Kojima is brilliant, but I think DS is gonna be different enough that it’ll be a bit polarizing. I would fear the score could go lower, but all signs point to Sony being very confident that they have both a critical and commercial hit in DS: Releasing in the prime time spot of Nov. 8 and releasing reviews a full week early.