By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Spooky Prediction: Luigi Mansion 3 Will Sell 9.99mil+ Lifetime

LM3 will sell Lifetime...

10mil+ 28 49.12%

Around 9mil 3 5.26%

Around 8mil 6 10.53%

Around 7mil 5 8.77%

Around 6mil 6 10.53%

Around or under 5mil 9 15.79%

Total:57

It looks like LM3 has actually outsold the first 2 games combined (not including the 3DS remake of the first game, although I doubt that sold well anyways). Very impressive and well deserved. Looking forward to the game joining the 10M club this year.

Around the Network
Torpoleon said:

It looks like LM3 has actually outsold the first 2 games combined (not including the 3DS remake of the first game, although I doubt that sold well anyways). Very impressive and well deserved. Looking forward to the game joining the 10M club this year.

Do we have official numbers for the remake? I'm sure LM3 will outsell all 3 previous releases combined but curious on the number.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

RolStoppable said:
brute said:

Do we have official numbers for the remake? I'm sure LM3 will outsell all 3 previous releases combined but curious on the number.

What we know is that the remake didn't ship 1m+ during the fiscal year it released in; ending March 2019, giving the game a good five months, but it couldn't do it. At that point the 3DS was on its way out with only 2.55m units of hardware shipped during the fiscal year, so the type of userbase who'd buy new game releases already largely moved on to Switch, leaving the 3DS mostly to budget gamers.

I know Nintendo was trying to extend the 3ds life and all (well support it) but it was a mistake for not releasing it alongside NSW, not because it would of did amazing numbers overall, but just not do as low as it did.

this goes for Mario and Bowser inside story too. I think Kirby epic yarn was another on 3ds to die