By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Spooky Prediction: Luigi Mansion 3 Will Sell 9.99mil+ Lifetime

LM3 will sell Lifetime...

10mil+ 28 49.12%

Around 9mil 3 5.26%

Around 8mil 6 10.53%

Around 7mil 5 8.77%

Around 6mil 6 10.53%

Around or under 5mil 9 15.79%

Total:57
RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Oh god damn

RolStoppable said:

Yup, tbone is a traitor.

😂 tbf I’ve mentioned it there as a possibility but I don’t think people are taking it too serious lol. I should create a thread on it still but it won’t be a surprise cuz y’all already talking about it

edit: not sure if this counts https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242914/extra-bold-not-bold-prediction-nsw-will-surpass-3dsds-lifetime-japan/

People on Era aren't bright, so you should reconsider your priorities and deliver the goods to us first.

I think most of the long time Media Create Sales thread posters aren't dumb. But in many other threads on Era the people aren't bright for sure. The Media Create threads are the only place on Era where you can be sure not to run into idiots every day imo.

Generally I like vgchartz more.

Btw, on Neogaf the people are even dumber, I was surprised by the dumb takes on their Famitsu threads.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
RolStoppable said:

People on Era aren't bright, so you should reconsider your priorities and deliver the goods to us first.

I think most of the long time Media Create Sales thread posters aren't dumb. But in many other threads on Era the people aren't bright for sure. The Media Create threads are the only place on Era where you can be sure not to run into idiots every day imo.

Generally I like vgchartz more.

Btw, on Neogaf the people are even dumber, I was surprised by the dumb takes on their Famitsu threads.

I think unfortunately, it's human nature that people are going to respond to "hot takes" which are often made by stupid people. So, they get signal blasted and seem more prominent than they are. That's why Pachter is somehow still relevant. 

Darwinianevolution said:

I don't see Luigi's Mansion doing Animal Crossing numbers. It's just not that kind of game.

You're right, it will maybe do a third of AC sales.

But since AC will cross 30M with ease and both hands tied behind it's back, 10M is a go for LM3.

Metallox said:
Nogamez said:
Nah its way too niche. I predict 3 million. 

Damn. 

You can't expect Nintendo-published Switch software not being a hit anymore. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Metallox said:

Damn. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

There are exceptions, sure. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Metallox said:

Damn. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

That game is sadly the exception that confirms the rule.

Sadly, because it's really a great game.

So what are its sales then? I predicted 3 million lol

Nogamez said:

So what are its sales then? I predicted 3 million lol

Nintendo reported 9.13 million shipped as of December 2020.

Some of the posts in here didn't age well, it might end up doing 15 million in the end.

While LM3 almost certainly will reach 10mil this quarter, we won't get the numbers until a later quarter when it has sold through 1mil in this FY. I think we could only get numbers after Q3 when it likely will be close to 11mil.