By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Spooky Prediction: Luigi Mansion 3 Will Sell 9.99mil+ Lifetime

LM3 will sell Lifetime...

10mil+ 28 49.12%

Around 9mil 3 5.26%

Around 8mil 6 10.53%

Around 7mil 5 8.77%

Around 6mil 6 10.53%

Around or under 5mil 9 15.79%

Total:57

You are halfway there!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

5.37 million units in just 2 months then 10m units mark isn't going to be a problem

5.37m is a good opening, with no sequel untill the next switch and the next switch likely 3 years away i think it will reach 10m and then some, I can't see how it doesn't I mean super mario party is at the brink of 10m already and that had a 5.30m opening, almost the same as luigi.

Damn, over 5 million in its first quarter. I never would have guessed a Luigi's Mansion game would be a mega 10 million seller but that seems pretty much guaranteed now. Just add it to the ever growing list of games with mega sales on the Switch. The 10 million seller list on the Switch is gonna be insane by the time the system is done. I could see Luigi's Mansion doing 11 or 12 million at this point. Should be at least 8 million if not 9 million by end of 2020.

Slownenberg said:
Damn, over 5 million in its first quarter. I never would have guessed a Luigi's Mansion game would be a mega 10 million seller but that seems pretty much guaranteed now. Just add it to the ever growing list of games with mega sales on the Switch. The 10 million seller list on the Switch is gonna be insane by the time the system is done. I could see Luigi's Mansion doing 11 or 12 million at this point. Should be at least 8 million if not 9 million by end of 2020.

It was showing signs of breaking that barrier tbh first game sold 3m or so with the second game going on to hit 6m so it was showing strong growth so with the Switch's momentum that growth was only going to continue when pushed.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Luigi's Mansion 3 has continued to chart high in various parts of the world, so that bodes well for 10m lifetime. Should reach 7.0-7.5m by the end of 2022.

The most comparable sales performance seems to be Splatoon 2 which has been taking it slowly and steadily. I can see Luigi's Mansion 3 get to 10m in similar fashion. It will take a long time, but 10m is 10m.

I think it's closer to SMP than Splatoon 2 based on the selling power on the western part of the markets. Looking at Amazon's monthly chart for US, UK, FR, DE, and CA right now, the momentum is still strong. 

9 million and 99 thousand. Proof of Dreamcast 2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yup Splatoon 2 is very popular in japan but no as much in the west. LM3 may overtake it on the long run. 

Nogamez said:
Nah its way too niche. I predict 3 million. 

Damn. 

You can't expect Nintendo-published Switch software not being a hit anymore. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Cuz rol made a thread lol. Less than 1mil more left