By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Outer Worlds Review Thread - 86 Metacritic / 85 Opencritic.

Tagged, will check it out after the gym

Around the Network

Probably will buy this one. I know a Switch version is in the works, but sounds like a ps4 Pro type game. Going ps4 for sure.

Not surprised it's reviewing well. Now I'm gonna do that thing were I repeat myself. I was impressed by the footage I saw last summer, but since any potential sequel will not be on a PS Platform, I'm gonna skip it. I'm slowing way down on purchases due to backlog anyway. Trails Of Cold Steel 3 will likely be my final purchase of 2019.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

John2290 said:
smroadkill15 said:
I have this pre-installed. Very much looking forward to this!

Where are you located? So, is it def more than a 48 hour preload and I wonder if they have or will drop the day 1 patch prelaunch. How big was your file size? 

I pre-installed it about 2-3 days ago, so I would say they give you at least a week. The file size was about 37gb on xbox, and there is a day 1 patch for all consoles that is quite big. 

It's on gamepads so I'll definitely give it a play this weekend.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
smroadkill15 said:
I have this pre-installed. Very much looking forward to this!

Where are you located? So, is it def more than a 48 hour preload and I wonder if they have or will drop the day 1 patch prelaunch. How big was your file size? 

Here's another one , I'm  In Australia  and my pre install has  completed and it was 38.668 GB with 1 day 12 :54 left on the countdown clock.

also according to Obsidian the pre install includes the day one patch.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 22 October 2019

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
John2290 said:

Here's another one , I'm  In Australia  and my pre install has  completed and it was 38.668 GB with 1 day 12 :54 left on the countdown clock.

That's weird. My Pre-install was only 17gb...

Hmm... I'll have to have another look when I get home. I may have just read it wrong.

Seems as though it may settle at 86.

Can't wait to play this, it's folks that made original Fallout and it seems it has similar vibe, yet I committed to Disco Elysium, so it's gonna be a while til I get around it.

ironmanDX said:
mjk45 said:

Hmm... I'll have to have another look when I get home. I may have just read it wrong.

so did you check install size?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
ironmanDX said:

so did you check install size?

No, I'm not going to be home until tomorrow night. I'll let you know tomorrow!