By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Yes, at launch 14 1.27%

Probably, but not at launch 50 4.53%

Undecided 50 4.53%

Probably not 136 12.33%

No, not interested at all 846 76.70%

Other 7 0.63%

Total:1,103
Hiku said:

Not all games will have a multiplayer mode though. And a game that only has one mode would probably not be able to make use of this.

Well, couldn't the same feature be used to leave out....let's says some less-used planets from Destiny, or animations and cut scenes for characters that one doesn't use in a fighting game?

Around the Network

Absolutely zero interest in this, If I'm away from my main machines I'm going to be traveling and I'm far more likely to get a connection to my 2 Switches processors than I am a connection to a Google Server while I'm zipping along on a train or plane.

Service has 0 value to me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nah. Very happy with my PS4 and Switch - why go to streaming w/o exclusives?

Regarding the funders edition that was sold out, Google released the statement that the buyers of the premier edition can still have access to Stadia this year. But the delivery of the founders/premier units will hapen in chonological order: the first to pre-order will recieve it first, it means the ones who bought it late may take up to 2+ weeks after launch to receive their pack.

A kind of a mess.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 23 October 2019

The good news is that Google is commited to at least a 10 year long investment on Stadia, according to an interview given at a french media outlet. So the ones thinking of not trying it because it will be shut down in 2 years at most can be relieved.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
The price incentive for Stadia is legit. There is no hardware to buy upfront, you can use any controller you want or keyboard and mouse. You will only need to pay 10 bucks a month if you are interested in 4K.

Console: $400-500 upfront + subscription if you are interested to play online.
Stadia: No hardware upfront + optional subscription to access 4K resolution.

And you would be paying the same price for the game but to have a last gen performance "anywhere", but that if the service is out you don't play at all (or if internet isn't stable). 

Also are we totally positive they won't charge anything for MP?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CuCabeludo said:
The good news is that Google is commited to at least a 10 year long investment on Stadia, according to an interview given at a french media outlet. So the ones thinking of not trying it because it will be shut down in 2 years at most can be relieved.

Have they sign any contract stating that and how would they compensate anyone if they shut it down? If not it is just empty words from PR mouths.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
CuCabeludo said:

Have they sign any contract stating that and how would they compensate anyone if they shut it down? If not it is just empty words from PR mouths.

I have to agree. While I think it is a good sign that they are publicly committing to support the service for at least 10 years, the words don't really mean much. 

Google's plans are for the service to be successful, in which case of course they will support it for 10 years.  But, they are a business that exists to make money. If the service isn't doing well, it wouldn't make sense for them to pour money into a black hole for a decade.

There are some precedents for companies giving refunds to people when they shut down services. Somebody did it for something in the last year or two, but I can't remember who or what service that was.  I think an explicit public commitment from Google that they will refund people if they shut the service down within X number of years from the time they purchase a game would be a good move.  That would be a legally enforceable contract, at least in the US.  

DonFerrari said:
CuCabeludo said:
The price incentive for Stadia is legit. There is no hardware to buy upfront, you can use any controller you want or keyboard and mouse. You will only need to pay 10 bucks a month if you are interested in 4K.

Console: $400-500 upfront + subscription if you are interested to play online.
Stadia: No hardware upfront + optional subscription to access 4K resolution.

And you would be paying the same price for the game but to have a last gen performance "anywhere", but that if the service is out you don't play at all (or if internet isn't stable). 

Also are we totally positive they won't charge anything for MP?

Stadia GPU is stronger tha PS4 Pro and XBOX One X, 10 Tflop makes it basically a next gen GPU.

I'd be certainly willing to give a free trial a shot.