By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Yes, at launch 14 1.27%

Probably, but not at launch 50 4.53%

Undecided 50 4.53%

Probably not 136 12.33%

No, not interested at all 846 76.70%

Other 7 0.63%

Total:1,103
CuCabeludo said:
DonFerrari said:

And you would be paying the same price for the game but to have a last gen performance "anywhere", but that if the service is out you don't play at all (or if internet isn't stable). 

Also are we totally positive they won't charge anything for MP?

Stadia GPU is stronger tha PS4 Pro and XBOX One X, 10 Tflop makes it basically a next gen GPU.

A next gen GPU doesn't display in only 1080p in 2020. 

Around the Network

Stadia is guaranted to function for at least 10 years. It doesn't make sense in 10 years Google has to refund everyone if they shut it down. If it was like 1-2 years until shut down, ok.

Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

Stadia GPU is stronger tha PS4 Pro and XBOX One X, 10 Tflop makes it basically a next gen GPU.

Get Stadia Pro if you want 4K, 1080P for the free version is a good deal.

CuCabeludo said:
The good news is that Google is commited to at least a 10 year long investment on Stadia, according to an interview given at a french media outlet. So the ones thinking of not trying it because it will be shut down in 2 years at most can be relieved.

Google can say whatever they want. I don't trust them.

CuCabeludo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Got it. So it's only next gen quality if you pay $10 a month. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

No need to buy a 400-500 bucks console upfront + no need to pay subscription to play online (XBLive/Ps+).

CuCabeludo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

No need to buy a 400-500 bucks console upfront + no need to pay subscription to play online (XBLive/Ps+).

And like DonFerrari said, you would be buying games only to have last gen performance. Unless of course you wanted to pay that $10 a month, which adds up to $840 over the seven year lifespan of modern consoles. 

You are hyping a glorified hardware rental service. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

And like DonFerrari said, you would be buying games only to have last gen performance. Unless of course you wanted to pay that $10 a month, which adds up to $840 over the seven year lifespan of modern consoles. 

If you put the price of a new gen console at launch + like 7 years of subscription for online service it doesn't get any cheaper. The free version of stadia will be a very cheap deal for people that don't give a shit about 4K and are interested to play a game on their mobile/tablet without having to invest i n a hardware for it.

It is a hardware rental service. $840 over 7 years, got it.

Ps4 pro: $400
7 years of PSN: $420
Total: $820

Price is about the same. Except Stadia can do mid generation upgrades without an increase in pricing to the consumer, PlayStation can't.  Stadia can be taken anywhere, playstation can't. 

I am not arguing in favor the Stradia, but pointing out people underestimate the cost of consoles.  I can only speak for myself personally:

ps4: $350

ps4 pro upgrade: $400

5 years of PSN: $300

I'm $1050 in....  in 5 years.  Stadia pricing doesn't seem that bad.  I'm still nervous about streaming and not downloading.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 23 October 2019

CuCabeludo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

If you put the price of a new gen console at launch + like 7 years of subscription for online service it doesn't get any cheaper. The free version of stadia will be a very cheap deal for people that don't give a shit about 4K and are interested to play a game on their mobile/tablet without having to invest i n a hardware for it.

Free online with Stadia. Just gotta put up with dying to input lag or "input prediction". 

lol Playing games in 1080 in 2020 will be like playing games in 720 in 2015. The free version of Stadia needs to at least offer 1440p. 

Chrkeller said:

It is a hardware rental service. $840 over 7 years, got it.

Ps4 pro: $400
7 years of PSN: $420
Total: $820

Price is about the same. Except Stadia can do mid generation upgrades without an increase in pricing to the consumer, PlayStation can't.  Stadia can be taken anywhere, playstation can't. 

I am not arguing in favor the Stradia, but pointing out people underestimate the cost of consoles.  I can only speak for myself personally:

ps4: $350

ps4 pro upgrade: $400

5 years of PSN: $300

I'm $1050 in....  in 5 years.  Stadia pricing doesn't seem that bad.  I'm still nervous about streaming and not downloading.

There are other costs with Stadia though. Such as needing to pay for faster internet, or fees for going over your ISP's data cap. 

Speaking for myself, I've been subbed to PS+ for a grand total of 9 months and have no plans to resub this gen. I have over 60 PS4 games and only like 5 of them need online play for any meaningful part of the game.