By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Yes, at launch 14 1.27%

Probably, but not at launch 50 4.53%

Undecided 50 4.53%

Probably not 136 12.33%

No, not interested at all 846 76.70%

Other 7 0.63%

Total:1,103
DonFerrari said:

Besides you being able to buy PS+ with hefty discounts or that more than half the customers don't buy the service (and certainly among them several don't buy it for the online but for the discounts and gift games).

^This!

People that spend 100% of their gaming time playing online shooters just up and assume that everyone else is like them, and needs year round console online subscription service. 

Also, I can't imagine that type of gamer putting up with the inevitably laggy multiplayer experience that is going to come with Stadia. "Predictive input" may work for single player games, essentially playing the game for you, but what happens when the game is trying to predict inputs for everybody in a multiplayer lobby? Does one guy win, because the game "predicted" that he would get a 360 noscope headshot? I really hope Stadia has crossplay. The Stadia user deaths due to input lag should be hilarious. 

Edit: I see the type of gamer that spends all their time online, just building a PC for $700 or so dollars. Either that or keeping the PC they already have until 2022 or whenever they feel they need an upgrade. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 24 October 2019

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

Not for me.  I have surround sound and multiple consoles, giant entertainment centers.  Getting behind and unplugging equipment isn't a 2 minute job.

Oh and:

"I can only speak for myself personally:

ps4: $350

ps4 pro upgrade: $400

5 years of PSN: $300"

I clearly said I was speaking about myself, you know personally.  I made that clear upfront.

So you can't have the spot you want to put a console with a HDMI and power outlet available? I have this in all the TVs I want to play, maybe twice a year I need to get behind a TV to fuss around.

Ok, seems strange that you have put this much money to get PS4Pro (and kept og PS4) when you were complaining a lot on having to put 500 for a PS5 even more if you had to buy new controllers and HDD (since you can just reuse HDD, and you don't need to rush and buy a controller), someone so tight with his wallet doesn't make much sense to go and buy a Pro. But well you can sell both and pay dimes on PS5 that will be BC with PS4.

Assuming I have extra power outlet, sure.  But I think you are underestimating how many electronics and wires I have at the moment.  

I think I gave my original ps4 to my nephew.  Either way, you are confusing a few things.  I don't have a tight wallet.  The point is consoles are increasing in price via online subscriptions, HDD, new controllers every generation...  my point is I am starting to consider other alternatives such as building a PC.  There was a time when console gaming was much cheaper than alternative options, I don't view that is the case anymore.  Hence I am evaluating my options.  Being able to afford a ps5 isn't the question, the question is what I want to spend my money on.

Cerebralbore101 said:
DonFerrari said:

Besides you being able to buy PS+ with hefty discounts or that more than half the customers don't buy the service (and certainly among them several don't buy it for the online but for the discounts and gift games).

^This!

People that spend 100% of their gaming time playing online shooters just up and assume that everyone else is like them, and needs year round console online subscription service. 

Also, I can't imagine that type of gamer putting up with the inevitably laggy multiplayer experience that is going to come with Stadia. "Predictive input" may work for single player games, essentially playing the game for you, but what happens when the game is trying to predict inputs for everybody in a multiplayer lobby? Does one guy win, because the game "predicted" that he would get a 360 noscope headshot? I really hope Stadia has crossplay. The Stadia user deaths due to input lag should be hilarious. 

Edit: I see the type of gamer that spends all their time online, just building a PC for $700 or so dollars. Either that or keeping the PC they already have until 2022 or whenever they feel they need an upgrade. 

Yes it will be funny to see someone that is dedicated to a game that he play on PC all the time deciding "I'll go the cheaper route and sub for Stadia".

Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

So you can't have the spot you want to put a console with a HDMI and power outlet available? I have this in all the TVs I want to play, maybe twice a year I need to get behind a TV to fuss around.

Ok, seems strange that you have put this much money to get PS4Pro (and kept og PS4) when you were complaining a lot on having to put 500 for a PS5 even more if you had to buy new controllers and HDD (since you can just reuse HDD, and you don't need to rush and buy a controller), someone so tight with his wallet doesn't make much sense to go and buy a Pro. But well you can sell both and pay dimes on PS5 that will be BC with PS4.

Assuming I have extra power outlet, sure.  But I think you are underestimating how many electronics and wires I have at the moment.  

I think I gave my original ps4 to my nephew.  Either way, you are confusing a few things.  I don't have a tight wallet.  The point is consoles are increasing in price via online subscriptions, HDD, new controllers every generation...  my point is I am starting to consider other alternatives such as building a PC.  There was a time when console gaming was much cheaper than alternative options, I don't view that is the case anymore.  Hence I am evaluating my options.  Being able to afford a ps5 isn't the question, the question is what I want to spend my money on.

I'm not underestimating nothing. If you can't manage or plan the layout or your power outlets that is a different problem, I was just giving you a solution for what you were complaining and then you gave a new problem, do you want me to also solve it or you'll find a new excuse on why you can't have a 20 power outlet available in that place? I sincerely doubt any reasonable person would even need more than 10 power outlets available in any TV set.

In my house I had two triple power outlet, one that I could have the receiver, Subwoofer and TV all with individual power outlets to not have heat issues, and the other where I had my extension with line filter to feed the lower power equipment (basically modem, router, cable tv and 3 available to console).

You gifting your PS4 was your decision not a need, and you certainly could have got 150 more or less reduction in your cost for the Pro if you decided to do it. Same as you could have paid 40 for PSN instead of 60 each single of the 5 years. You don't need to put your bad decisions to increase your cost of gaming to make it comparable with what will be minimum on Stadia.

Correcting by inflation PS4 was the cheapest console Sony ever released, not sure where you got the notion that it is getting more expensive. You don't need HDD (which also are cheaper than on PS3 time) and also you don't need to buy extra controllers (also something that didn't become more expensive). But by all means build your PC, that still won't make your point right.

In the other threads that you were complaining about paying 100 more for PS5 than on PS4, and having to buy HDD (which you don't need, unless you don't want to manage the games you have installed) and a new controller if it isn't BC (well they never really were before), looked like you were just looking for excuses to justify a decision instead of real issues. And also seemed like you were tight on budget, because if you can purchase something you like and want you don't go out of your way to create hurdles.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

^This!

Yes it will be funny to see someone that is dedicated to a game that he play on PC all the time deciding "I'll go the cheaper route and sub for Stadia".

Chrkeller said:

I'm not underestimating nothing. If you can't manage or plan the layout or your power outlets that is a different problem, I was just giving you a solution for what you were complaining and then you gave a new problem, do you want me to also solve it or you'll find a new excuse on why you can't have a 20 power outlet available in that place? I sincerely doubt any reasonable person would even need more than 10 power outlets available in any TV set.

In my house I had two triple power outlet, one that I could have the receiver, Subwoofer and TV all with individual power outlets to not have heat issues, and the other where I had my extension with line filter to feed the lower power equipment (basically modem, router, cable tv and 3 available to console).

You gifting your PS4 was your decision not a need, and you certainly could have got 150 more or less reduction in your cost for the Pro if you decided to do it. Same as you could have paid 40 for PSN instead of 60 each single of the 5 years. You don't need to put your bad decisions to increase your cost of gaming to make it comparable with what will be minimum on Stadia.

Correcting by inflation PS4 was the cheapest console Sony ever released, not sure where you got the notion that it is getting more expensive. You don't need HDD (which also are cheaper than on PS3 time) and also you don't need to buy extra controllers (also something that didn't become more expensive). But by all means build your PC, that still won't make your point right.

In the other threads that you were complaining about paying 100 more for PS5 than on PS4, and having to buy HDD (which you don't need, unless you don't want to manage the games you have installed) and a new controller if it isn't BC (well they never really were before), looked like you were just looking for excuses to justify a decision instead of real issues. And also seemed like you were tight on budget, because if you can purchase something you like and want you don't go out of your way to create hurdles.

Are you repeating the same mistakes over and over.  In simple terms you are taking your thoughts and attempting to make them mine.  

1) I am digital only, so yes a HDD upgrade is required (for me)

2) I play couch coop regularly with the wife, so an extra controller is required (for me)

3) I relocated from family, my bother and I stay in contact via souls and MHW, so PSN+ is required (for me)  

Those are requirements for me.  Just because they aren't for you doesn't mean they aren't for me.

Given how much I invested into my ps4, I am starting to think other options maybe a better choice.  Nothing more.  Sorry if that hurts your Sony based feelings.  

Edit

And I am not going to bother going over all the electronics I have hooked up.  The end message is you don't live in my house, thus wouldn't have the slightest clue how many consoles I own.  And yes, it is well beyond 10 power outlets.  I can count 14 outlets off the top of my head, without even really giving it effort.  

I will not try Google stadia on launch but will probably buy doom (2016) when free version launches and test it out.

From my experience with Geforce now and Playstation now I'm not expecting much, both of those services are useless and people saying positive things about them are just too nice. I played about 20min of Doom on PS now and 10min god of war and the experience was just so bad I gave up. Geforce now I have been testing for over 6 months.

Note I didn't feel any latency whatsoever on either PS now or Geforce now, image quality can be a problem even in 1080p as it already a bit soft, add in compression stuff and things can look quite soft/blurry at distance objects.

Geforce now can give a experience close to local play but it just random, sometimes it works okey, sometimes it just pointless and what game you play will also matter, let's see if google stadia can beat geforce now.

Overall I don't see why anyone wanna suffer streaming just to save a small amount of money, which might not even be true. People seem to think it's latency and image quality that will be the problem with streaming, but it's just all random small issues that is the problem. Example Doom on Playstation now, the aim is extremely sluggish and was completely unplayable.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you repeating the same mistakes over and over.  In simple terms you are taking your thoughts and attempting to make them mine.  

1) I am digital only, so yes a HDD upgrade is required (for me)

You can be digital only all you want, disc games also need to be installed and mostly need to update so need to be installed. Still hardly you'll need 10 games installed at once to have HDD mandatory unless again you don't want to just manage your data. And even if you want to use a HDD you can use whatever you have, and if you want to buy new then it also is cheaper than before.

2) I play couch coop regularly with the wife, so an extra controller is required (for me)

Great, even if not that many games have this, still controller didn't get more expensive than before.

3) I relocated from family, my bother and I stay in contact via souls and MHW, so PSN+ is required (for me)  

Seems like we are in a post-apocalipse setting where that is your only way to talk to family. My family is quite scattered, still we manage to find other options to stay in touch. But sure if you want to keep PSN+, and again don't want to even purchase from discount, the price of PSN+ haven't skyrocked.

Those are requirements for me.  Just because they aren't for you doesn't mean they aren't for me.

Just because they are requirements for you doesn't mean they have changed at all from this gen. So you using them as problems for you if PS5 is 500USD are just excuses, even more when you say you have no problem on budget.

Given how much I invested into my ps4, I am starting to think other options maybe a better choice.  Nothing more.  Sorry if that hurts your Sony based feelings.  

No need for the fanboyism accusation, you can have better options than PS all you want, like going to PC like 30 years ago if you so much wished. I have no hurt feelings, just replying to the points you make.

Edit

And I am not going to bother going over all the electronics I have hooked up.  The end message is you don't live in my house, thus wouldn't have the slightest clue how many consoles I own.  And yes, it is well beyond 10 power outlets.  I can count 14 outlets off the top of my head, without even really giving it effort.  

Ow the herculean effort to use a bigger power outlet and that need to have 10 consoles plugged at once in the same TV.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Again, you are pushing your beliefs onto others. I can't emphasis enough how stupid this is.

I regularly play souls (3 games), Bloodborne (1 game), MHW (1 game)... that is 5 already. Add in other games I am playing, factor in having two kids who want their games installed... having only 10 games installed at a time isn't an option. Oh and I keep stuff like Borderlands (3 games) installed for coop with the wife. So a HDD upgrade is a necessity.  Again (and for the last time) stop acting like your situation, thoughts and preferences apply to anybody else but you.

And in terms of using online gaming to stay in touch with my brother.  We both love gaming, we grew up playing games together, so it is a superb way to stay in touch.  Fact of the matter is Sony charges for online, PC doesn't, that lowers the cost differential.  Deal with it.  

Console gamers flat out need to stop pretending it is cheaper than it really is.  You (and others) want to make Stadia and PC gaming as expensive as possible, and make console gaming as cheap as possible for stupid comparison purposes.  That is just stupid. 

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 24 October 2019

DonFerrari said:
CuCabeludo said:
Google opens a studio in Montreal, aim to build a game that could only run on Stadia.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-10-24-google-is-making-a-spectrum-of-bets-on-stadia-content

Ok, let's see this game in 5 years.

Good to see Google is building first-party studios for their platform. And assure the consumers it is commited to years of investment on Stadia.

Chrkeller said:

Again, you are pushing your beliefs onto others. I can't emphasis enough how stupid this is.

I regularly play souls (3 games), Bloodborne (1 game), MHW (1 game)... that is 5 already. Add in other games I am playing, factor in having two kids who want their games installed... having only 10 games installed at a time isn't an option. Oh and I keep stuff like Borderlands (3 games) installed for coop with the wife. So a HDD upgrade is a necessity.  Again (and for the last time) stop acting like your situation, thoughts and preferences apply to anybody else but you.

It isn't a matter my preference applying to you, it is the odd need to replay 5 games randomly all at once (plus the other games). and as said to you, the need for HDD isn't something new nor the costs have skyrocketed. So if they weren't problem before they didn't suddenly became problems.

And in terms of using online gaming to stay in touch with my brother.  We both love gaming, we grew up playing games together, so it is a superb way to stay in touch.  Fact of the matter is Sony charges for online, PC doesn't, that lowers the cost differential.  Deal with it.  

Sure PC does make it cheaper, haven't disputed it, what I said is that you can stay in touch in many other ways. The matter of fact is that you like to play online, not that it is needed to stay in touch with your brother.

Console gamers flat out need to stop pretending it is cheaper than it really is.  You (and others) want to make Stadia and PC gaming as expensive as possible, and make console gaming as cheap as possible for stupid comparison purposes.  That is just stupid. 

I'm not pretending anything. I buy the games for as cheap as I can (10-20 usually for most games) and buy consoles as close to launch as I can, and I know exactly how much it cost. I know the whereabouts of how much a PC for gaming would cost (and that in Brazil it is so expensive that it isn't worth for me), but the reason I buy PS isn't the price but the type of game I like is made by Sony first parties. And on Stadia you are paying more (unless of course you try to put as many barriers as possible for the PS, and deny the ones for Stadia) for less, on claiming the high value of portability of it (that in your case would resume to basically having a HDMI and a cable available on the TVs you want to play, that is a very simple and cheap solution). So basically as you said, you don't want solutions, you just want to make a case.

And I already asked you to refrain from personal attacks and now will also ask you to mind your adjectivation.

CuCabeludo said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok, let's see this game in 5 years.

Good to see Google is building first-party studios for their platform. And assure the consumers it is commited to years of investment on Stadia.

Sure. Only thing that could make me want to try their service is if they have enough games I can't play anywhere else.

But it is very odd to basically start doing your studios after launching the service. Like they weren't planning this for like couple years?