By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 5 Oct 2019

I keep hoping for a X1 price cut, I kind of want a halo and gears box. I just don't want to pay much for it.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Japan and North America: "The PS4 is old.  Time to move on.  We all want a Switch now."

Europe: "PS4 is still young.  In fact we're all going to go buy a second one."

PS4 isnt old yet... theres life still in it.
2019's the exclusives between the PS4 & Switch are pretty even.
2020 the PS4 looks to have a fantastic year in terms of software.

What does Switch look like in 2021?
Do we know any big titles for the Switch comeing out then?

Japan & north America are wrong :p

JRPGfan said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Japan and North America: "The PS4 is old.  Time to move on.  We all want a Switch now."

Europe: "PS4 is still young.  In fact we're all going to go buy a second one."

PS4 isnt old yet... theres life still in it.

Heh, are you European or just European at heart.

Chrkeller said:
I keep hoping for a X1 price cut, I kind of want a halo and gears box. I just don't want to pay much for it.

You can get it now for buttons if you check out the pre owned market, the majority of people are jumping from that ship so the pre owned value of the machine is probably at its all time lowest right now.

I mean... a hdmi cable, controller and PC plug would cost you more if it didn't include the X1 unit there.... if you asked nicely they'd probably chuck in a game for free lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Is it? I don't think so. That equates to a difference of an extra $4-6 USD depending on the SKU. I can even imagine the mentality of a person who would be dissuaded form a purchase based on such a minuscule difference in price, let-alone it occurring on a mass scale. Here's a better example of a price hike from my own country, Canada, where we reward courage.

When the PS4 launched here in 2013, it's price was at parity with the US. As were almost all prices for all items for some years. However, thanks to an ongoing, and impossible to ignore devaluation of the Canadian dollar, a mere 2 months after launch, the price went up by $50. With tax, in my province, the difference was aprox $57. Although I highly doubt there was much impact on PS4 sales here, I cannot back that idea up. However: I highly doubt there was much impact on PS4 sales.

$4-6though? Bah!

From what I remember MS was bold enough to keep price parity (and was even some people that gone from USA to Canada to buy it on the frontier in some tax free stores).

I had the same thought, but didn't want to look it up. Had a feeling that information might be difficult to find. I think you're right though.

Also. I wish I wasn't such a douche in this thread. My last post was aggro trash. Could have said the same things in a much better way.....ah well. Live and learn. Hopefully.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
This is certainly going to get interesting in the upcoming weeks, I mean the big AAA guns are coming and Luigi's Mansion 3 + Pokémon SS combo o Nintendo side will make the next 2 months worth watching through :)

Neither of those are AAA games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

kirby007 said:
Chrkeller said:
Nintendo has a real winners on their hand. Clearly gamers don't just care about power.

Those that do play on pc

Haha, I literally feel flashbacked to 2006 with the DS/PSP and Wii/PS3 arguments. Nintendo is one of those companies that can stray from conventional lines and make a compelling product all the same. It's how they've been since at least NES.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Mar1217 said:
This is certainly going to get interesting in the upcoming weeks, I mean the big AAA guns are coming and Luigi's Mansion 3 + Pokémon SS combo o Nintendo side will make the next 2 months worth watching through :)

Neither of those are AAA games.

Big AAA games + LM3 and Pokemon SS is what he meant 

COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

From what I remember MS was bold enough to keep price parity (and was even some people that gone from USA to Canada to buy it on the frontier in some tax free stores).

I had the same thought, but didn't want to look it up. Had a feeling that information might be difficult to find. I think you're right though.

Also. I wish I wasn't such a douche in this thread. My last post was aggro trash. Could have said the same things in a much better way.....ah well. Live and learn. Hopefully.

Don't worry, it isn't much relevant. MS and Sony often do different strategies and usually based on their situation on the market.

About being harsh, we all have our days.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."