By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 on Switch vs PS4 - The Complete Tech Breakdown DIgital Foundry Videos

Tagged games:

Is it a good port

Yes 32 58.18%

No 9 16.36%

It's an OK 14 25.45%

Total:55
Chrkeller said:
HollyGamer said:

I bet with my ear you have not watch the full videos, i can see from how fast you comment since it was just posted, hell even i am not even finish watching it. 

Videos have been available for weeks now.  Fact is the Switch has a fraction of the power the ps4 has.  Being able to run the game at all is impressive.  Not sure why that statement bothers you.

What videos??? Digital Foundry comparison videos is what we are talking here 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Chrkeller said:

Videos have been available for weeks now.  Fact is the Switch has a fraction of the power the ps4 has.  Being able to run the game at all is impressive.  Not sure why that statement bothers you.

Videos of the Witcher 3 on the Switch.  I own the ps4 version.  So, I'm baffled by your confusion.  

Chrkeller said:
HollyGamer said:

Videos of the Witcher 3 on the Switch.  I own the ps4 version.  So, I'm baffled by your confusion.  

I am confused on what are you talking about, because this a a thread about The Witcher 3 of Switch and PS4 comparison based on Digital Foundry. I am confused on how you can make a fast conclusion if you have not watched the videos. 

Let's see the comments..

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
HollyGamer said:
Chrkeller said:

I am confused on what are you talking about, because this a a thread about The Witcher 3 of Switch and PS4 comparison based on Digital Foundry. I am confused on how you can make a fast conclusion if you have not watched the videos. 

Because I have played the Witcher 3 on my ps4 and I have seen gameplay videos of the Switch version...  I was able to do my own comparison and form my own independent thoughts.  The latter part of my post maybe confusing, let me know if you require any additional assistance.    

For the record I don't own any ports on the Switch and prefer games on my ps4 for the better graphics.  So your defensive nature is even more baffling.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
HollyGamer said:

Because I have played the Witcher 3 on my ps4 and I have seen gameplay videos of the Switch version...  I was able to do my own comparison and form my own independent thoughts.  The latter part of my post maybe confusing, let me know if you require any additional assistance.    

For the record I don't own any ports on the Switch and prefer games on my ps4 for the better graphics.  So your defensive nature is even more baffling.  

Btw  i don't care what is your preferable platform, because this thread discussing about the videos. 

Radek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Well, thats a shame. 

Then blame Nintendo for making Switch too weak, not Saber or CDPR.

Nintendo could have waited until Holidays 2017 and include Tegra X2 instead.

This is a stellar port, nothing more, nothing less.

I do not blame Saber or CDPR in the least, I have no doubt that they did the best they could given what they had to work with, as they always do. And perhaps you are right and the fact that we got this port working as it does is in itself amazing, I take your word for it, I have no reason not to think that is the case. However I am not a programmer, I can only judge this - and anything gaming related - as a consumer, and the end results is one of the most beautiful games of the gen looking as blurry as the entire world looks when im not wearing my glasses. And as a consumer, I see that as a bad end results. A case of "some games should be played in certain consoles". 

The game looks very beautiful. The sceptical people need to understand we're talking about a small tablet with 2015 technology (which is basically as powerful as an old iPhone 6) which can run such a huge and acclaimed current gen game. And which looks beautiful. In a 199$/299$ handheld

HollyGamer said:
Chrkeller said:

Btw  i don't care what is your preferable platform, because this thread discussing about the videos. 

Great.  Then back on topic, given the limitations of the Switch, crazy great port.  Witcher 3 pushes the ps4 Pro, even being able to run the Witcher 3 (much less fitting it onto a cart) is impressive.  

Frankly you seem bent out of shape because people aren't running into your precious thread trashing the Switch. 

these kind of game are not suited to handhelds imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...