By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 on Switch vs PS4 - The Complete Tech Breakdown DIgital Foundry Videos

Tagged games:

 

Is it a good port

Yes 32 58.18%
 
No 9 16.36%
 
It's an OK 14 25.45%
 
Total:55

Personally, I think its mediocre at best. The fact the full game can be ported seems to sidetrack from the real conversation. I guess the standard is so low nowadays that the fact that we can get the port at all is excuse enough for whatever technical shortcomings said port has.



Around the Network
Radek said:
HollyGamer said:

Yes it's a great feet , but with a lot of sacrifice as well. Doom are more stable and The witcher framerates is hardly stable at 30 fps and always drop below 25 fps. 

It only drops to 24-25 in Novigrad and Bog area, there's way more areas of the game when it's 30.

Almost all of Velen, Skellige and Toussaint have no such drops.

Indeed , bt most of quest and story are in that area. 



HollyGamer said:
Chrkeller said:
Excellent port, given how much weaker the Switch is. I am stunned they could even port it. Excellent work. Makes me wonder what else could be ported.

I bet with my ear you have not watch the full videos, i can see from how fast you comment since it was just posted, hell even i am not even finish watching it. 

Videos have been available for weeks now.  Fact is the Switch has a fraction of the power the ps4 has.  Being able to run the game at all is impressive.  Not sure why that statement bothers you.



Jpcc86 said:
Personally, I think its mediocre at best. The fact the full game can be ported seems to sidetrack from the real conversation. I guess the standard is so low nowadays that the fact that we can get the port at all is excuse enough for whatever technical shortcomings said port has.

You can't possibly be this ignorant.

This is the most technically advanced port on the system.It's one of the most demanding open world games, game that targeted 30 fps on bigger consoles, it's here with sun rays, watter physics, same NPC count and decent enough resolutions similiar to Corridor Shooter DOOM that was downgraded from 60 to 25-30 fps.

This is the best Switch gets.



Radek said:

This is the best Switch gets.

Well, thats a shame. 



Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
Radek said:

This is the best Switch gets.

Well, thats a shame. 

Then blame Nintendo for making Switch too weak, not Saber or CDPR.

Nintendo could have waited until Holidays 2017 and include Tegra X2 instead.

This is a stellar port, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Radek - on 14 October 2019

Chrkeller said:
HollyGamer said:

I bet with my ear you have not watch the full videos, i can see from how fast you comment since it was just posted, hell even i am not even finish watching it. 

Videos have been available for weeks now.  Fact is the Switch has a fraction of the power the ps4 has.  Being able to run the game at all is impressive.  Not sure why that statement bothers you.

What videos??? Digital Foundry comparison videos is what we are talking here 



HollyGamer said:
Chrkeller said:

Videos have been available for weeks now.  Fact is the Switch has a fraction of the power the ps4 has.  Being able to run the game at all is impressive.  Not sure why that statement bothers you.

What videos??? Digital Foundry comparison videos is what we are talking here 

Videos of the Witcher 3 on the Switch.  I own the ps4 version.  So, I'm baffled by your confusion.  



Chrkeller said:
HollyGamer said:

What videos??? Digital Foundry comparison videos is what we are talking here 

Videos of the Witcher 3 on the Switch.  I own the ps4 version.  So, I'm baffled by your confusion.  

I am confused on what are you talking about, because this a a thread about The Witcher 3 of Switch and PS4 comparison based on Digital Foundry. I am confused on how you can make a fast conclusion if you have not watched the videos. 



Let's see the comments..



     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)