By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W36, 2019 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

Pinkie_pie said:
So mhw just become the best selling game in japan again this gen. It did around 300k this week so total should be well over 4 million including digital.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the best-selling game of the gen with 5.1 million at retail alone. 

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Damn u wasn't expecting the Switch to keep it that high for this week... idk if people don't care about the Lite as much as we thought or if it will really be that big. It's rare that consoles do these kind of numbers before a new version comes out. I guess this time it's different since they don't really give the same experience. People really wanted a better battery life it seems

Hopefully this means that there will be two different audiences hitting when the lite comes out. First week will be big, atleast 150k

Decent start for MH. I wanna see what it did digitally.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

p0isonparadise said:
Pinkie_pie said:
So mhw just become the best selling game in japan again this gen. It did around 300k this week so total should be well over 4 million including digital.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the best-selling game of the gen with 5.1 million at retail alone. 

3ds isnt this gen. Switch has replaced it. Ps4, xbox one and switch are current gen

xMetroid said:
Damn u wasn't expecting the Switch to keep it that high for this week... idk if people don't care about the Lite as much as we thought or if it will really be that big. It's rare that consoles do these kind of numbers before a new version comes out. I guess this time it's different since they don't really give the same experience. People really wanted a better battery life it seems

I think the Lite will still be big, it's just that the Mariko base revision has more appeal than we perhaps realized. A lot of people seemed to have put off getting a Switch throughout August and waited for the updated version. What we're seeing this week and last are delayed purchases that otherwise would've fallen in the weeks prior.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
p0isonparadise said:

3ds isnt this gen. Switch has replaced it. Ps4, xbox one and switch are current gen

What a moronic reason. 3DS is 8th gen regardless of Switch.

Pinkie_pie said:
p0isonparadise said:

So is 3ds in the same gen as PS3/360/Wii?

Switch or no Switch, the 3DS is a current gen system. Every bit as much as the PS4 and Xbox One. 

Pinkie_pie said:
p0isonparadise said:

3DS and PS4 are the same generation.

Nice hold for the Switch. Week 38 will become very interesting