By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W36, 2019 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

Good hold for the Switch and good Monster Hunter World Iceborn sales.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Jranation said:
Switch keeping it high. Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.

There was a PS4 combo that included the Iceworld Master Edition. Pretty solid deal.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07W71J2YQ/

twintail said:
Jranation said:
Switch keeping it high. Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.

It is the base game and expansion combined.

There is no expansion only release physically.

Yep I know it came with the base game.I just thought people who wanted to play the game already bought a PS4 last year. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PAOerfulone said:
The Switch has now topped 2 million units sold for 2019. Nine weeks faster than it took in 2018.

4million here we come! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hiku said:
Jranation said:
Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.

Farsala said:
MHW did okay, on COMG it did pretty bad, but in Japan as a whole it did okay.

Well the retail version of Iceborne is the Original version + the expansion.

So everyone who already had the original MHW would probably just buy the expansion, which is cheaper, and digital only.
In other words, Iceborne probably sold a lot more digitally. Even last time, the digital version was over 50% on opening week in Japan. But that time it was mainly due to the retail version being sold out. This time there's a strong incentive for people who already own MHW to get the expansion digitally.

Thankyou for explaining. But I already knew it was like the Xenoblade Scenario than the Persona 5 scenrario. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hiku said:
Jranation said:

Thankyou for explaining. But I already knew it was like the Xenoblade Scenario than the Persona 5 scenrario. 

I'm not familiar with those two scenarios.

You can buy the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion as dlc for the main game, but Nintendo also sold retail copies of the main game with the expansion pass.

While Persona 5 Royal, you cant buy the newly added features as a dlc for the original P5.  You need to buy the whole game with the expansion stuff again. Basically like MH Ultimate or G. 

Pocky Lover Boy!