By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting more and more worried about Doom Eternal on Switch

It's readily availible for pre-order in Europe as well.

I dont think you should worry :>

Around the Network

Nintendo is doomed confirmed!

This is weird, is it just not coming out on Switch in Australia? Will I have to import it I wonder.

axumblade said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks for this, I swear I checked Gamestop but maybe I just thought I did, or they've added it since then. Either way, that's reassuring. :)

Oh yeah. They just recently added it. I've been stalking their site for months waiting to steal the boxart for Most Wanted. 😂

Hopefully my local retailers will add it soon too then; I'm doing the same thing, stalking their sites almost daily to see if they have it yet, have been doing so since they announced the bloody thing last July haha

Doom Eternal is also one of my most wanted game on Switch, so I hope it will get released at least by the end of the year!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Shiken said:
You can pre order the game off amazon.

So I see, but even there it's lacking even cover art, while at most every other outlet I've checked its like it doesn't exist, with only PS4, Xbone, and PC versions listed. 

It's not showing on the eshop "coming soon" list either. I brushed this off back when it was ages away, figuring it was just the usual treatment third party Switch ports get, but with it's release drawing near, I can't help but feel concerned.

It's total absence from the recent Direct and even the timing of Doom 64 are suspicious too; it's almost like they're positioning Doom 64 as an apology; "sorry about Eternal, have this instead."

I have seen games not show up on the "coming soon" list for pre order till much closer to their release than DOOM Eternal is not.  Plus Wolfenstein Youngblood released on time, and that was the same dev/publisher.

I am not saying a delay is not possible, I am just saying I remain optimistic.  Honestly there is so much to play on Switch, it would not be the end of the world of the game got pushed back to Jan or Feb om Switch.  It would suck not having the day and date release, but I feel like a delay into that particular window would have no negative impact on sales.  It might even help the game of it reviews well on PS4/X1, as Jan and Feb there will be a lot less to compete with.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

curl-6 said:
axumblade said:
I know your profile says you are in Australia so it might not mean anything for you but the preorder for the Switch version is live on Gamestop's website. Maybe that'll alleviate some worry?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/doom-eternal/10178671.html

Thanks for this, I swear I checked Gamestop but maybe I just thought I did, or they've added it since then. Either way, that's reassuring. :)

I seem to remember that a couple of months back one of the main concerns about Doom Eternal being delayed is the Switch version not being listed on Bethesda's site. Just did a check and I found it in the "Where to Buy", but only one retailer (Gamestop) for the USA has the Switch version listed. Sounds stupid but maybe Gamestop have some sort of deal for the Switch version. UK has no Switch listings on Bethesda's site.

Switch is also the only platform that they don't link to buy digitally. Is it not on the Eshop?

The Switch version really is still almost non-existent from their website, but I wouldn't be worried about it, though it is very weird. There must be some reason that the majority of retailers aren't listing the Switch version at all.

Edit:

Checked uk retailers listed for Doom Eternal on google.

Sites listing Switch/PS4/XBO versions - Game, TheGameCollection

Sites only listing PS4/XBO versions - Amazon, ShopTo, Base, 365games, Smyths, Go2Games, Shop4World, play-asia

So only 2/10 of the UK retailers on google shopping actually list the Switch version. I'm not sure it's something to worry about when it comes to the game actually releasing, but it can't be good for the Switch versions sales.

Last edited by Barkley - on 07 September 2019

curl-6 said:

The game is supposedly just 2 and a half months away, and I still can't find it for preorder anywhere. Bethesda Support won't reply when asked about it.

It was conspicuously missing from the recent Direct, which had brief looks at a lot of far less noteworthy third party games and even included a Bethesda spokesperson who only mentioned Doom 64.

It's my most anticipated game, and the silence is starting to really worry me.

I have been able to preorder it on my local video game retailer.

Chill. It will come.

At least you can do the pre order on Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/Doom-Eternal-Nintendo-Switch-Standard/dp/B07SK4Z48F?th=1

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)