By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting more and more worried about Doom Eternal on Switch

curl-6 said:

Nooooo, I hate being right sometimes. Dammit. I knew something was wrong but I'd almost managed to convince myself it'd be coming in just a month and a half.

I just hope that "Switch version coming later" doesn't become code for "Switch version cancelled" like it has for Nintendo versions in the past.

Knowing my luck that'd be right, my most wanted game getting cancelled.

It's not getting cancelled. The Switch version coming out later is because of two reasons.

1) The Switch version, understandably, requires more work and optimization to work as well as the PS4/XBO versions due to the weaker hardware.

2) Releasing the Switch version on the same day as Animal Crossing: New Horizons, one of Nintendo's biggest and most anticipated games of the Switch's life cycle, is suicide. You're basically sending that version to die if you do that, it won't stand a chance. Better to release it at a later date when it's more polished and optimized AND it will get a better chance to sell well and get its money back. 

Around the Network

That's sad, I was looking forward to it. At least I won't run out of games to play in the meantime. Let them take ther time if they need them, I'm fine with that. The switch version having no date makes me a bit worried, though. I hope they simply need more time and can't tell how long it may take but still release it nontheless.

However, I don't think that releasing it alongside Animal Crossing on the same day would have been a bad decision since the audiences are either completely different or the audience can simply buy one of them now and the other one later, so I don't see a problem.

The latest trailer detailing the game's preorder bonuses no longer shows a Switch logo or box alongside the others.

I dunno, I got a really bad feeling at this point that the Nintendo version's kaput; they'll string us along for a few more months, then finally admit it's not coming and offer Doom 64 as a consolation.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 October 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

The latest trailer detailing the game's preorder bonuses no longer shows a Switch logo or box alongside the others.

I dunno, I feel pretty sure at this point that the Nintendo version's kaput; they'll string us along for a few more months, then finally admit it's not coming and offer Doom 64 as a consolation.

I don't think Bethesda is gonna cancel DOOM Eternal for the Switch. I'm sure Panic Button is working hard to get the Switch version performing as smoothly as possible.

curl-6 said:

I dunno, I feel pretty sure at this point that the Nintendo version's kaput; they'll string us along for a few more months, then finally admit it's not coming and offer Doom 64 as a consolation.

Highly doubtful.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

It is probably coming eventually. They were still talking about it a few months ago, at which point they must have know whether or not it was gonna work. My guess is that they've had some problems that are making it take longer than expected. But, I doubt that the Switch version has been cancelled.