By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SNES Games are LIVE on the Nintendo Switch Online Service

It’s a shame though the games are not filling the full height of the screen... there is a border on top and the annoying buttons info on the bottom. Games could be much larger filling more of the Switch’s screen. Or is there a way to maximize the screen?

Around the Network
andisart said:
It’s a shame though the games are not filling the full height of the screen... there is a border on top and the annoying buttons info on the bottom. Games could be much larger filling more of the Switch’s screen. Or is there a way to maximize the screen?

There is no way to stretch the screen to 16:9 you would need to use your TV to do that, the way to make the system use most of the screen is with 4:3 not pixel perfect. If you go to the left side of the screen on the game selection screen there is a cog called settings, untick the box at the end that says "show controls in game" will get rid of that stuff at the end.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

dx11332sega said:
First time playing Super mario 2 : yoshi's island , and I love it more than Super mario world .

Yoshi's Island is legit one of my favourite games of all time, from the level design and graphics to the scoring system which encourages you to search in every corner of the stages to find all the red coins and flowers. ( You can see red coins Vs regular ones in their golden state btw, there is a tiny difference in the graphic)

Also what I love about the game in commission to other 2d Mario games is there's no run button Yoshi just runs, that run button in the other Mario games just pretty much needs to be held down all the time so it made so much more sense to just have Yoshi run always. No cramp needed from holding a button all the time.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
andisart said:

There is no way to stretch the screen to 16:9 you would need to use your TV to do that, the way to make the system use most of the screen is with 4:3 not pixel perfect. If you go to the left side of the screen on the game selection screen there is a cog called settings, untick the box at the end that says "show controls in game" will get rid of that stuff at the end.

He was taking about height, not width though so he doesn't want the game to stretch to 16:9. Though the border at the top is only a few pixels from what I can see on youtube so hardly worth mentioning if the buttons at the bottom can be removed.

Barkley said:
Ganoncrotch said:

He was taking about height, not width though so he doesn't want the game to stretch to 16:9. Though the border at the top is only a few pixels from what I can see on youtube so hardly worth mentioning if the buttons at the bottom can be removed.

His last line says to maximise the screen? That would be 16:9

Around the Network

I never much got into Yoshi’s Island. The crying Mario annoyed me, and Kirby’s Dreamland 3 just felt a little vanilla. Part of the issue is I had already played the DKC trilogy, the Sonic trilogy, and Kirby Superstar, which IMO were all more fun and satisfying. Because I played the other games first, I probably ended up not having nearly as much fun with Yoshi’s Island and Kirby’s Dreamland 3 as I otherwise would have had.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Honestly, one of the best surprises for the Switch. Makes the value of SOnline so much higher.

This may be the time to get Nintendo online .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

dx11332sega said:
First time playing Super mario 2 : yoshi's island , and I love it more than Super mario world .

Yep, Yoshi’s Island mops the floor with Mario World.

It’s just better in every concievable way and even, I’d say, the best 2D platformer ever made. Just comparing controls, I always thought Mario World is too slippery and floaty, which is ironic considering floating is a core mechanic in Yoshi’s Island.

I am also in the camp of not loving Mario world 2, the crying is just too annoying.

I've half way done with link to the past, just as amazing as I remembered.