By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games do you guys/girls feel has the bestvoice acting

Star Fox 64 of course

@Stof DAMN YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

Other then that, I love RE4, Bioshock, CoD4, and a lot of the Star Wars games series has great voice acting.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Yea..i have to agree on the Portal one =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Portal/Mass Effect/Heavenly Sword>MGS

Andy Serkis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>David Hayter

Not. Even. Close. Hayter is a monotone anime voiceover hack.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Gotta be Heavenly Sword, amazing voice acting.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

my vote would go to mafia,i dont know if many of youve played it but the voice acting was pretty great
also i liked max payne's voice acting for the noir style ,but i dont think its the best

what about OOT,with Link's grunts and Navi's "hello"? pretty amazing,wasnt it?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

Kratos , Snake and the Prince of Persia ... all of them are male characters interestingly :) .... but for women voice acters I would choose Gaia from the GoW games :D Linda Hunt is great :D

Oh , and how could we forget Crash Bandicoot :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The Legacy of Kain series gets my vote. The entire cast is made up of classically-trained actors, and they're all amazing.

My second vote would go to Eternal Darkness, which basically represents the coming-together of all of the best voice acting talent at the time.

Also: Why do people worship David Hayter, exactly? I've only heard him as Snake, and he mostly just seems to mumble his way through the role in that gravelly voice.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Heavenly Sword had fantastic voice acting :) The acting in mass effect was good but some characters just felt entirely too dull.

I think Metal Gear series has phenomenal voice acting :P It matches Kojima's narrative style almost perfectly, David's voice works well for snake, and some of the villains deliver on the emotion so perfectly. And content for quality, theres almost no better in my opinion. When I hear the acting, and see the cutscenes, everything fits. Of course he mumbles, he's a dog of war with a smoking problem that enjoys spending time in boxes. End of discussion XD

It's the same way I feel about Uncharted, the dialog was a little cheesy, and for the direction of the game, I feel it was supposed to be, it had a very quaint feel to it and it worked out perfectly for the title.

I will give the title to Heavenly sword though because it delivered on so many different levels of emotional range, and all of them were coined perfectly :) Bohan was hysterical, Kai sounded crazy :P, and Nariko was absolutely passionate.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

@Hunter, great point! I forgot how awesome the voice work was in the GOW series :) Still going to heavenly sword and Metal gear for me though :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

In Spanish the best Voice acting is for Gears of war, the worst Red Steel... that really sucked

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989