By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games do you guys/girls feel has the bestvoice acting

d21lewis said:
Metal Gear was one of the first games to take voice acting really seriously, but nowadays quality voice overs are everywhere. I can't pick a favorite.

see i disagree i always thought the voice acting wasnt that good in metal gear, also i  do not think their are many quality voice overs in gaming(sure there are voice overs that are more listenable to that others but i don't think their are much deserving of critical acclaim)

Around the Network

I'm from the old school. I was blown away when my Nes made any sounds resembling a voice. I wet myself when there was speech at the end of Starfox, marveled at Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, and was in awe when I pressed start at the beginning of The Adventures of Bayou Billy. I was always fascinated by voice in video games. No, they're not oscar worthy yet, but the acting in games have gotten very good. At least on the level of your average animated series. The medium is still very young, but amazing advancements have been made in a short amount of time.

Legend of Zelda :D

What?

Okay fine, MGS 2/3.

Edit: Darn, beaten by Jake_the_fake. 

Baddman said:
d21lewis said:
Metal Gear was one of the first games to take voice acting really seriously, but nowadays quality voice overs are everywhere. I can't pick a favorite.

see i disagree i always thought the voice acting wasnt that good in metal gear, also i do not think their are many quality voice overs in gaming(sure there are voice overs that are more listenable to that others but i don't think their are much deserving of critical acclaim)

You can't deny MGS has good voice acting(is that what this thread is about?). It's cool if you don't care for it or the series itself, but you're implying it's average.

There are plenty of games that have good voice acting, but the first one that came to mind was the Splinter Cell games. Kingdom Hearts is another one.  

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

From downtown!

Razzle dazzle!

He's heating up!

He's on fire!

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Around the Network
quigontcb said:
Baddman said:
d21lewis said:

see i disagree i always thought the voice acting wasnt that good in metal gear, also i do not think their are many quality voice overs in gaming(sure there are voice overs that are more listenable to that others but i don't think their are much deserving of critical acclaim)

You can't deny MGS has good voice acting(is that what this thread is about?). It's cool if you don't care for it or the series itself, but you're implying it's average.

There are plenty of games that have good voice acting, but the first one that came to mind was the Splinter Cell games. Kingdom Hearts is another one.  

sorry but i think its average(very overrated)  ..voice acting that is not the game itself

d21lewis said:
I'm from the old school. I was blown away when my Nes made any sounds resembling a voice. I wet myself when there was speech at the end of Starfox, marveled at Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, and was in awe when I pressed start at the beginning of The Adventures of Bayou Billy. I was always fascinated by voice in video games. No, they're not oscar worthy yet, but the acting in games have gotten very good. At least on the level of your average animated series. The medium is still very young, but amazing advancements have been made in a short amount of time.

i can understand that but lol i dont think comparing it to your average animates series is a big compliment because well the average animated series also has terrible voice acting(IMO)

The Ghost of RubangB said:
PORTAL.

This ends the thread.

is portal really that good? ive never played it or even seen a video of it...id have to check it out sometime in the future

The first legacy of Kain and all three Soul Reaver games have great dialog and voice acting. Does anyone know who voiced the elder god in those?