By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Pokémon Sword/Shield's End of 2019 Shipment Total

Predict Pokemon Sword/Shield's End of 2019 Shipment Total

Over 16 Million 182 19.83%

15-16 Million 54 5.88%

14-15 Million 70 7.63%

13-14 Million 76 8.28%

12-13 Million 99 10.78%

11-12 Million 104 11.33%

10-11 Million 103 11.22%

9-10 Million 83 9.04%

8-9 Million 31 3.38%

Less Than 8 Million 116 12.64%

Total:918
HylianSwordsman said:
MasonADC said:
The National dex "controversial" isn't going to impact the game at all, and the game will do 13 million in a month and a half. According to NPD, it might even be the fastest selling games in the series

Source on that bit from NPD? Not that I don't believe you, just that NPD would be pretty trustworthy analysis worth getting excited about.

I worded that poorly, I meant when the games come out, according to NPD, it might be the fastest selling title due to revenue base tracking and sword over shield. Units alone thought it won’t be 

Around the Network

I have a serious question .....

How it's possible for 50% of voting people to think this Pokemon can make less sell than the worst Pokémon game ever (Pokemon Let's Go) ?

Interesting the number of people who think Let's Go is a bigger brand than the mainline Pokemon.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Thought this was a Tbone thread, he used to do those kind of threads...
I don't see him since a lot of time, i miss him :( :( :(

I'm think it will sell similar to Sun/Moon launch, so i go with 14-15 million.

Coolback said:

How it's possible for 50% of voting people to think this Pokemon can make less sell than the worst Pokémon game ever (Pokemon Let's Go) ?

I wouldn't say that at all. At the very least I found Let's Go to be considerably better than the two other Pokemon games I played (White and Y), which suffered from some really irritating issues - mainly too many random battles and a really repetitious and vexatious capture system that lacked the sort of rewarding feedback that Let's Go gave. Not to mention that Pokemon Y was virtually the same game as Pokemon White; perhaps the least imaginative sequel of any RPG I have ever played. Also, the Pokemon in Let's Go were superior ones than either White or Y, which IMO were bland and unmemorable derivatives of more famous Pokemon. Pokemon Let's Go, on the other hand.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Coolback said:

I wouldn't say that at all. At the very least I found Let's Go to be considerably better than the two other Pokemon games I played (White and Y), which suffered from some really irritating issues - mainly too many random battles and a really repetitious and vexatious capture system that lacked the sort of rewarding feedback that Let's Go gave. Not to mention that Pokemon Y was virtually the same game as Pokemon White; perhaps the least imaginative sequel of any RPG I have ever played. Also, the Pokemon in Let's Go were superior ones than either White or Y, which IMO were bland and unmemorable derivatives of more famous Pokemon. Pokemon Let's Go, on the other hand.

I agree with the last part but then I am an unashamed genwunner     :O

Hitmonlee ftw!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

What's wrong with the people who voted less than 8 million?

Jumpin said:
Coolback said:

I found Let's Go to be a great game to play with my daughter, and it seemed very polished and clean. But it was way too easy, and that's been a major problem with all Pokemon games for quite awhile now. I would have so much more fun playing these games if the difficulty was tuned better. I even limited myself such that I run away from every encounter unless it's a new Pokemon, in which I will capture it. Even with these rules, the game is still unbearably easy. Might as well remove the RPG mechanics and just say "you win".

Probably around the 15 million mark, but I still think there are too much bs gimmicks in this pokémon. Although the same can be said of most recent pokémon games. Z moves, mega evolutions and this time its dyna- of megamaxing. If they want to make the game more complex, they should really do so by making the (kind a dated) core gameplay more complex.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

p0isonparadise said:
What's wrong with the people who voted less than 8 million?

Letting their hate for the game blind them from the facts. I hate the game as well but the reality is even Let's Go did better than that.