By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Pokémon Sword/Shield's End of 2019 Shipment Total

Predict Pokemon Sword/Shield's End of 2019 Shipment Total

Over 16 Million 182 19.83%

15-16 Million 54 5.88%

14-15 Million 70 7.63%

13-14 Million 76 8.28%

12-13 Million 99 10.78%

11-12 Million 104 11.33%

10-11 Million 103 11.22%

9-10 Million 83 9.04%

8-9 Million 31 3.38%

Less Than 8 Million 116 12.64%

Total:918
RolStoppable said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
VGChartz has a lot of users based on the poll participants. Where are they btw?

The poll threads that Machina makes are intertwined with the weekly poll on the frontpage, so mere visitors can participate without ever having to take a look at the forums. That's why the total number of votes in Machina's poll threads is far and above the typical average of ordinary polls in the forums.

That would explain the total number of people who predicted SwSh to open nearly and below Let's Go. 

Around the Network
Coolback said:

45% said Pokemon S/S will make less than Pokémon Let's Go.

Dont forgot PLG was maked 12M unis sold.

Don't forget that this is just for sales by end of the year, not total sales. Let's go did 10m in this time frame, so only 25% of the poll are predicting less than Let's Go. And we can assume at least half, if not the vast majority of those votes aren't being serious.

The extreme lows and highs always get big votes from people who don't really care but want to "ooh let's vote good for this company" or "Boo let's vote bad for this company."

As for my original vote of 13-14m, I would say 15-16m seems more likely now.

Seems like only 19% people got it right.
Even I said 14-15mil.....
DAMN!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Amnesia said:
Over 16 easily....The previous pair got 10 millions. This time we have :

- Around 1,5x more installed base
- A new Switch model to start Q3 2019
- These Pokemons are a bigger and more serious episode

Congrats! out of all the people left a post before the game released only you got it right! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Damn over 16m copies shipped

Around the Network

The Normies were out in force for this one. Just goes to show that the fanboys make up a tiny fraction of the consumer. I also noticed that most of Nintendo's core IP's are getting a switch bump and breaking franchise records. Smash bros, 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario party all selling better than they ever have plus Luigi's mansion and Fire emblem will set franchise records in the future and heck even MK8D will surpass MKWii eventually if you include the Wii U version.Pokemon Sword and shield will reach sales that haven't been seen since the Gameboy days.

Metroid33slayer said:

The Normies were out in force for this one. Just goes to show that the fanboys make up a tiny fraction of the consumer. I also noticed that most of Nintendo's core IP's are getting a switch bump and breaking franchise records. Smash bros, 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario party all selling better than they ever have plus Luigi's mansion and Fire emblem will set franchise records in the future and heck even MK8D will surpass MKWii eventually if you include the Wii U version.Pokemon Sword and shield will reach sales that haven't been seen since the Gameboy days.

Nintendo Switch is the ultimate console for Nintendo's first-party titles and the userbase has mostly consisted of hardcore Nintendo fans, unlike Wii userbase.