By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 impressions

Gaming journalists were brought in to play Witcher 3 in handheld mode.

Seems like it holds up impossibly well despite how weak the Switch is compared to the XB1 and PS4.

720P docked. 540P handheld.  Both dynamic.

The framerate seems to be on par with the other console versions, with similar slowdown in the swamp area but mostly keeping steady.  And even with the downgrades it still looks like Witcher 3.

Last edited by h2ohno - on 19 August 2019

Around the Network

Releases Oct 15

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Best game this gen. Anybody who didnt play this game should asap.

It really seems a good porting, on par of Doom or Wolfenstein 2. Moreover, eventually, with a day one patch or a few later it might be much more improve. Anyway, congrats to the devolopers.

I do love that this game in particular was one of the "it might run X but it will never run a game like Witcher 3" arguments when the system was revealed first or even when it started to do well and be successful.

Like I said then and I'll say now, you can port anything to anything as long as you think there's money to be made there, we were still getting some ports of titles from the PS3 back onto the PS2 for years after launch just because millions of households had the PS2, regardless of how that system had 16x less memory than the PS3.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

The Switcher!

Magic, ladies and gentlemen!

CDPR really outdid themselves here on porting the game to the Switch.

Gamexplain are saying that everything will be on a game card, DLC and all, and no day one patch.
If that’s true, some publishers might want to learn something here.

abronn627 said:
Gamexplain are saying that everything will be on a game card, DLC and all, and no day one patch.
If that’s true, some publishers might want to learn something here.

A lot of 3rd parties are probably pissed at CD Projekt RED right now. They are killing all the excuses why some companies aren't supporting Switch properly in one fell swoop

One thing I kinda love with games which make cut backs like this for Switch where they rely on dynamic resolution which suffers when the game is very busy is thinking about a potential switch pro in the coming year/s and how these games will be able to stick to their high end of resolution and that 30fps cap far better on that system and in the mean time... we get Witcher 3 on a €200 handheld in 2019 that's pretty awesome.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If I didn't already own it, I'd definitely pick it up for Switch.