By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 impressions

curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

Well, then it makes sense, I thought you have another platform you could play it on.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, it's narrative focused action-RPG (though just barely regarding RPG part), try to go into it without comparing it to any other game (especially if you're unfamiliar with Euro-RPGs), which I often see around here, whether it's ridiculous comparisons with Bloodborne's combat system (TW3 actually has quite good combat, if you don't neglect magical signs) or lauded freedoms of BotW.

Thanks. I try not to compare games to others too much, I try to just enjoy them on their own terms. I have played Witcher 2 so I have some idea of what to expect, even if that one wasn't open world.

Oh, didn't know that, then you're not new to Witcher. Honestly, I prefer TW2 due to more attention to detail and every location being unique, but TW3 was quite good (around 8 on average from me, though it swings everywhere from 6-10 depending on particular design element).

Around the Network

Why is so hard to understand that there are people that don't have much time to sit down and play at home? I'm outside most of the day and I spent like two hours on public transport. For me (and many people) the best and only way to play a game like this is on the Switch.

All this "Do yourself a favor and play it somewhere else"... stop saying people what to do. Every person has their needs. Some want to play on a home console because they are unable or unwilling to get into the more powerful PC gaming. Some want to play on PC because they want to have the best possible visual experience. And some others play on portable consoles because they spent most of the time of their day outside. End of story.

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks. I try not to compare games to others too much, I try to just enjoy them on their own terms. I have played Witcher 2 so I have some idea of what to expect, even if that one wasn't open world.

Oh, didn't know that, then you're not new to Witcher. Honestly, I prefer TW2 due to more attention to detail and every location being unique, but TW3 was quite good (around 8 on average from me, though it swings everywhere from 6-10 depending on particular design element).

Yeah I Witcher 2 was excellent too; played it on my 360, about my only issue was that with so many factions and characters I sometimes had trouble keeping track of them all, though I suppose that's more my fault than the game's haha

curl-6 said:
Bandorr said:

Do you only own a switch? I'm actually quite curious. 

I don't have a PS4, an Xbox One, or a powerful gaming PC if that's what you mean. I own gaming 12 systems, including multiple from each of the "big 3", but Switch is my only current gen one.

I don't know how you got through 2013-2016 without buying another console.

Barkley said:
curl-6 said:

I don't have a PS4, an Xbox One, or a powerful gaming PC if that's what you mean. I own gaming 12 systems, including multiple from each of the "big 3", but Switch is my only current gen one.

Wii U and 3DS?

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Barkley said:

Wii U and 3DS?

Lol

Vodacixi said:
Why is so hard to understand that there are people that don't have much time to sit down and play at home? I'm outside most of the day and I spent like two hours on public transport. For me (and many people) the best and only way to play a game like this is on the Switch.

All this "Do yourself a favor and play it somewhere else"... stop saying people what to do. Every person has their needs. Some want to play on a home console because they are unable or unwilling to get into the more powerful PC gaming. Some want to play on PC because they want to have the best possible visual experience. And some others play on portable consoles because they spent most of the time of their day outside. End of story.

I think a lot of the people who are saying those things probably don't own a Switch. When playing on your couch or PC at home is the only thing you know, it's hard to imagine the convenience that something like the Switch provides. There's also many people who are partial to the console of their choice, and when a game like the Witcher 3 makes it way onto a Nintendo console, it almost feels like something was taken away from them, and instead of wishing well to those that are getting a first chance to play the game, they try to reinforce how the way that they played the game is the best way to play, and (more importantly) that people who are playing the game on Nintendo's platform are lesser individuals getting a lesser experience for doing so.

The sad truth.

Vodacixi said:
Barkley said:

Wii U and 3DS?

If I remember correctly, Curl doesn't do handhelds, WiiU had a few good gems between that time. 

think-man said:
Vodacixi said:

Wii U and 3DS?

If I remember correctly, Curl doesn't do handhelds, WiiU had a few good gems between that time. 

We all know that Curl wasn't a fan of the WiiU though.

Barkley said:
think-man said:

We all know that Curl wasn't a fan of the WiiU though.

Seems he also love retro games, I’m pretty that even with droughts, he has enough choice of older games to play in this 3 years period.