By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition announced for the Nintendo Switch!

Bandorr said:

Truly fascinating. At this wait not only will I not need an Xbox, I won't even need to upgrade my PC.

Having watched people playing Ori, I've always considered it a "hard for hard sakes" type of game. Where you play for the challenge.
Being on the handheld, maybe I'll give it a try. A demo would be great.

edit: Apparently it is 1080/60fps and 720/fps. Also the definitive version apparently they added an easy mode?

I'm intrigued.  I can't do cuphead because those boss fights set off my AHDH something fierce. Way too many projectiles on the screen at one time.

Ori is not a super challenging game.  I'd call it an average platformer, in terms of difficulty.  I don't remember getting particularly frustrated with it.  .

It is a very good game though, and I think it fits well on Switch.  

Around the Network

Holy balls!!

VAMatt said:
Bandorr said:

Truly fascinating. At this wait not only will I not need an Xbox, I won't even need to upgrade my PC.

Having watched people playing Ori, I've always considered it a "hard for hard sakes" type of game. Where you play for the challenge.
Being on the handheld, maybe I'll give it a try. A demo would be great.

edit: Apparently it is 1080/60fps and 720/fps. Also the definitive version apparently they added an easy mode?

I'm intrigued.  I can't do cuphead because those boss fights set off my AHDH something fierce. Way too many projectiles on the screen at one time.

Ori is not a super challenging game.  I'd call it an average platformer, in terms of difficulty.  I don't remember getting particularly frustrated with it.  .

It is a very good game though, and I think it fits well on Switch.  

It is a challenging game, but it is also fair. The fact that you have control over where your checkpoint will be and how you reappear there instantly when you die makes the game’s trial and error parts much more bearable than most other games of its type.

Definitely a must get for anyone who hasn't played it yet. It's a beautifully crafted game.

Wait....there was a Nindies Direct. Was this a stealth drop or did I miss an announcement. Crazy!

Super stoked for this game. One of the few titles that I wanted an XBox for. This partnership or whatever between Nintendo and Microsoft is just weird, and I do feel like Nintendo must be offering them something, other than sales. I wonder if there are some dormant Nintendo properties that Microsoft is planning on bringing back. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and maybe Microsoft's only angle is to get their titles on other platforms and the Switch is obviously a great place to go, but I just feel like something had to be traded to make this happen.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Wait....there was a Nindies Direct. Was this a stealth drop or did I miss an announcement. Crazy!

Super stoked for this game. One of the few titles that I wanted an XBox for. This partnership or whatever between Nintendo and Microsoft is just weird, and I do feel like Nintendo must be offering them something, other than sales. I wonder if there are some dormant Nintendo properties that Microsoft is planning on bringing back. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and maybe Microsoft's only angle is to get their titles on other platforms and the Switch is obviously a great place to go, but I just feel like something had to be traded to make this happen.

It was announced 2 days ago.You missed it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This has been teased for months and after the Cuphead release it was pretty much a certainty. It's a sweet game with some frustrating scenes (those escapes look cool, but are quite the trial&error-fest the first time you do them) and you get tons of abilities/life/energy to handle most scenes quite comfortably (I'm not a platformer/metroidvania guy). It was certainly worth the 1€ I payed for gamepass for a month alone, but games like Into the Breach and Slay the Spire ended up even more worth it.

Good match, Ori should appeal to a big part of the Switch audience.

Perhaps I'll double-dip.

Wow, that was a pretty good show with some gems, especially ori. I'll be all over that one. I think the friendship between Nintendo and Microsoft is a good one. It benefits both. But I dont think it's anything like Nintendo letting any IP on xbox, or games pass on switch, although I'd love that, and xbox live. I see this as something far more simple. Microsoft will never release a handheld. The switch is the handheld for them. They can release tons of legacy games on switch, it does nothing but get them sales, new customers, and even more, new console owners who've never owned and xbox. Put the old gears games on switch. They'd sell like crazy, and get more people interested in the new ones that wont be on switch. To me, it's a no brainers. It's no threat to Microsoft's hardware, and it's no threat to Nintendo's handhelds.

Day 1

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10