By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK Wii - 1 Million in its first week, what's next?

So, MarioKart Wii was a million seller in its first week with just Japan and Europe! What do you think the next Wii game to do 1million in its first week will be?

Around the Network

Depending on how big Wii Fit explodes we could see it be a first week 1 million seller with NA+Others+Japan (yes I know it is well past 1 million but it only launched at about 250,000 in Japan).

Nintendo dosn't have many heavy hitters coming out over the next few months after MKWii and WiiFit so it might be a while, I wouldn't be suprised if a few older games creap up to a million over the summer though (Pokemon and My Sims come to mind).

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Wii Fit.

What's coming after Wii Fit?

Wii Fit. I am curious to see what Nintendo has in store for the holidays. They have used a lot of their big guns pretty early in the year (Brawl, MK Wii, and Wii Fit).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Probably Wii Fit with NA alone.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Probably Wii Fit with NA alone.

Even a few months ago I would have never thought Nintendo could have a shot at having two games launch with 1mil+ sales in NA in April, but I really think they might with Wii Fit and MKWii... kinda scary.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Wii Fit is the most possible.

Good times for Nintendo, pretty much every first party title has a chance at 1 million, 3rd party reach 1 million, though not in first week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I think wii fit, in America (with japan included), maybe a little help from Europe or vice versa

Whatever they announce at E3 will be a million seller first week.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT