By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK Wii - 1 Million in its first week, what's next?

aiden.cronus said:
will wii music really have a keyboard???
thats so friggin cool!!

And im sure ninty has something in store
for us for the holidays
and we havent even talked
about possible high-profile games
from third-parties!!

No, wii music wont have a keyboard for you to play on.  However the characters in the game according to the trailers, have a variety of instruments, keyboard included.

Around the Network
JoeJ said:
So, MarioKart Wii was a million seller in its first week with just Japan and Europe! What do you think the next Wii game to do 1million in its first week will be?

wii fit will be a million seller in NA alone and a million seller in Europe+Japan alone

mariokart wii may be close to a million seller in NA alone depending on supplies

after that, the next million seller in first week is unknown...one of the fall titles that hasn't yet been announced maybe

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Wii Fit. If not that, then hopefully Disaster: Day of Crisis whenever that drops. New Nintendo IP with guns!?! The small anime avatar inside me is jumping for joy.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wii Fit could be able to do it. I still doubt the first week success everyone seems to want, but over time it will sell a lot. First week - not that great. Do you know how big first week you're talking about?

SMG made 1.1M first week, and that had an about as big first week in Japan. That counts for it making it, but something tells me it won't. I have no numbers for that, sorry!

Other than that, not a lot. As far as I know, Gamecube only had 1 single 1st week millionare, in SSBM that is.

The Wii already has 3, and that is in 3 of their 5 biggest franchises, and 1 of them is dead. Zelda Wii could make it, and perhaps a real DK platformer. Or a pokemon game.

Honestly, I believe Wii won't see more than 6 during its entire LT, but once again, just a nonnie.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

SaviorX said:
Wii Fit. If not that, then hopefully Disaster: Day of Crisis whenever that drops. New Nintendo IP with guns!?! The small anime avatar inside me is jumping for joy.

In one week?!

Didn't Miyamoto say something about a Galaxy sequel on Wii?  Think that could do it.

... Maybe Animal Crossing?  I hear that was a fairly big game.

Other then that... who knows.  Games that debut at a million are pretty rare... as far as I know anyway. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Wii Fit.

What's coming after Wii Fit?

E3

If Nintendo never released another game though, the Wii would still probably outsell the PS3 this gen. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wii Fit then Wii music

Mario Party 9 if it hits in November. MP8 did over 600K first week.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

wii fit OBVIOUSLY then possibly guitar hero 4 if supply allows. i dont think that mario party 9 would sell 1 mil in first week but it is possible. and also any game that they announce at e3 that is remotely good.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

just think what is going to happen when the Wii userbase is 2x what it is now 12 months from now.... Wii software is going to move like crazy.....

The Wii Zelda has a chance to have a HUGE Opening when it comes.... it could do 2.5 million in NA if there are 15-20 million Wii owners by that time

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut