By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazil is getting closer and closer to becoming a dictatorship

At least fewer people are killing each other in Brazil. 12-year-low in 2019: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/brazil-homicides-fall-lowest-level-12-years-68995129

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Brazilian here.

To be honest, I kinda hate how both sides are using COVID as a tool. One side tries to blame the president for every single death in the pandemic and the other supports everything he says and does with a blind eye. Also, both sides spreads misinformation. Heck, we can even see professional sites and blogs trying to either destroy his reputation, or praise him.

The only thing I want right now is the pandemic out of Brazil, it doesn't matter who's the president, even if in my point of view, there's not much he can do. I don't think Bolsonaro is a monster, even if I don't put my hand in fire for him. But don't expect me to go to social networks to become one of those people that spends the whole day trying to blame the president for everything. Some of my friends became like that.

(If it's hard to understand, I can post my opinions in portuguese)

What concerns me is that Brazil has been a dictatorship for portions of its history (as recent as 1985), and another dictatorship is very possible. Brazil is the fifth-largest country by area, and sixth by population. There is a ton of diversity in land and people. I only hope things get better for Brazil. I don't think opening the Amazon to more deforestation is a way to do that.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima