By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I Want to Play More On PC, But Non-Sale Steam Prices Are Ridiculous

But anyway, I think I have my answer. GMG looks to be a good place to get fair prices. I'm 90% sure they are legit, but I'll have to look into how they get their games later on. The listed prices on Steam are just a joke placeholder for chumps that want to pay $60 for a game that is several years old.

Around the Network

WHo buy full price on Steam? Steam are there for sales , no sales i buy on consoles or GOG .

Cerebralbore101 said:
But anyway, I think I have my answer. GMG looks to be a good place to get fair prices. I'm 90% sure they are legit, but I'll have to look into how they get their games later on. The listed prices on Steam are just a joke placeholder for chumps that want to pay $60 for a game that is several years old.

Why not outright pirate? I'm sure you ll find an excuse to make your greed justifiable.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Why not outright pirate? I'm sure you ll find an excuse to make your greed justifiable.

Now I wish there was a downvote button, and I'm not sure I've ever wished for one on forums.

Conina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What site is that? Pretty neat to have all those prices compared like that.

https://isthereanydeal.com/

They leave out the dubious key resellers and only list the stores with good track records.

Bookmarked right away, thanks for that link.

Though I surely won't make much use of it since I don't like Keysellers, even perfectly legal ones. Only use GamersGate because they also have the option to forego Steam altogether and directly download the games from there (though not all of them) - and because I was using them before I was using Steam in the first place.

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I hate pirates with a passion. There is never, ever, ever, an excuse to pirate a game. We live in a world where thousands upon thousands of games can be had for relatively cheap. Hell, some PS2 games still go for $6-$8 at local used shops. If you gave me a $100 bill I could easily set you up with 1000 hours worth of Indies. Even if your gaming budget is only $20 a month you should never be in the position where you have to pirate in order to find something good to play. 

Conina said:
outlawauron said:

This'll definitely save me some time. Does it take into account for bundles?

Of course. When you scroll down in a title, you can see in which active bundles the game is and in which expired bundles it was:

Thanks Conina, I appreciate it!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Zoombael said:

I hate pirates with a passion. There is never, ever, ever, an excuse to pirate a game. We live in a world where thousands upon thousands of games can be had for relatively cheap. Hell, some PS2 games still go for $6-$8 at local used shops. If you gave me a $100 bill I could easily set you up with 1000 hours worth of Indies. Even if your gaming budget is only $20 a month you should never be in the position where you have to pirate in order to find something good to play. 

If you gave me 100 I would download the likes of paladins, Apex legends, fortnite and the other free to play offerings which are amazing and you can easily sink 1000+ hours into, I think my paladins play on the Switch is coming up on the 1000 hour mark and could all be enjoyed for free.... I've sank some money into it though for some sexy skins and to kinda support the devs for making a really cool game. At 1000 hours I'll still be well under the price of a budget retail title.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

If you gave me 100 I would download the likes of paladins, Apex legends, fortnite and the other free to play offerings which are amazing and you can easily sink 1000+ hours into, I think my paladins play on the Switch is coming up on the 1000 hour mark and could all be enjoyed for free.... I've sank some money into it though for some sexy skins and to kinda support the devs for making a really cool game. At 1000 hours I'll still be well under the price of a budget retail title.

Fortnite is bad. Shooters need to do something new and different to get my attention. Battle Royale isn't different. It's just a 100 man version of last man standing, which is a really bad game mode. Apex Legends might have something new and unique to offer outside of just being another battle royale though. I haven't even so much as glanced at it. 

I know free to play games can be legitimately fun, but a lot of them wind up being never ending. I prefer my games to end eventually. Otherwise I feel like I'm throwing time away when playing them. Even with Splatoon 2 my limit for playing was about 100 hours. After that I felt I truly had seen everything. And Splatoon is one of those franchises that does something new and unique with shooters to the point where even I was drawn in. 

Keep an eye on humble bundle, indiegala & fanatical. I've snagged some bargains off there and partly the reason iv got just under 2000 games on steam

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...