By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I see now what Nintendo's plan was when they entered Switch mid console cycle for PS4XBONE

Poliwrathlord said:
Chrkeller said:
Switch 2, meh. I hope the next switch is Super Switch.

Personally I hope the next console is called Nintendo Switch Advance. That would be a really cool throw back.

Nintendo Switch Super Advance?

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Poliwrathlord said:

Personally I hope the next console is called Nintendo Switch Advance. That would be a really cool throw back.

New Nintendo Super Switch Advance. If they name it that then 100 M. + consoles sold are guaranteed. 

Mar1217 said:
Chrkeller said:
Switch 2, meh. I hope the next switch is Super Switch.

Yes plz, I don't want them to go the boring way of the Playstation (sorry but it's true).

But do you want them to launch a new console, and consumers "not understanding" that its actually a new product?

Super Switch, runs into the issue of people mistakeing it for a "new 3ds" like situtation, or a WiiU situation.
Not understanding that it means "its time to upgrade to play new things", which results in sales going away.

Keep it Simple, Stupid (KISS).

Basically dont do anything that can confuse consumers of any kinde...... ESP if your product is a hit amoung casuals.

Super Switch --> potential WiiU nameing mishap waiting to happend.

Chrkeller said:
Poliwrathlord said:

Or just keep it simple? Do you really need to brand name + 2 buzz words + actual console name in it? And would people actually "understand" that it means a new console generation (eps if you dont actually change the console name)?
because "Nintendo Switch Super Advance" sounds like a trap, instead of a new console gen.

This sounds just like the Wii -> WiiU to me.

Poliwrathlord said:
Chrkeller said:

New Nintendo Super Switch Advance. If they name it that then 100 M. + consoles sold are guaranteed. 

Your already confused :)  (or I am?)

the "new" nintendo Super Switch Advance is obviously the 3rd gen of Switch's right?
or is it a 2nd gen one with a bigger screen? Not confusing at all.... Im sure that ll be great for consumers.

I wonder how a professional Switch is going to allow users to make money? That they're calling it "professional" says a lot about the console.
Are they opening up a monetization avenue for gamers via streaming and competitive gaming?
Are they providing dev tools to users to make their own games?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Poliwrathlord said:

the "new" nintendo Super Switch Advance is obviously the 3rd gen of Switch's right?
or is it a 2nd gen one with a bigger screen? Not confusing at all.... Im sure that ll be great for consumers.

So call it Wii Switch Too U?

Chrkeller said:
JRPGfan said:

So call it Wii Switch Too U?

Perfection!

JRPGfan said:
Mar1217 said:

Yes plz, I don't want them to go the boring way of the Playstation (sorry but it's true).

But do you want them to launch a new console, and consumers "not understanding" that its actually a new product?

Super Switch, runs into the issue of people mistakeing it for a "new 3ds" like situtation, or a WiiU situation.
Not understanding that it means "its time to upgrade to play new things", which results in sales going away.

Basically dont do anything that can confuse consumers of any kinde...... ESP if your product is a hit amoung casuals.

Or just keep it simple? Do you really need to brand name + 2 buzz words + actual console name in it? And would people actually "understand" that it means a new console generation (eps if you dont actually change the console name)?
because "Nintendo Switch Super Advance" sounds like a trap, instead of a new console gen.

Super & Advance individually are fine, I dont think many people were confused during the NES to Super NES or Gameboy to GB Advance transitions.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

Super & Advance individually are fine, I dont think many people were confused during the NES to Super NES or Gameboy to GB Advance transitions.

Back then things where more simple, a new product = new gen.
Now theres mid gen refresh, add-on items bareing the console name (or consumers assumeing such, with say WiiU).
"new" = slightly bigger screen ect.

The messageing now, is very differnt from what it was back then.
Nintendo themselves havnt kept to a nameing scheme that ll make things easy for consumers to understand.

Basically its silly at this point, its just alot more impactfull and simple, to just stick with a console name and add a number to it.

Nintendos plan was WiiU fail. End of story.

Hunting Season is done...