By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do your Joycon drift?

Yes 51 63.75%

No 29 36.25%

Total:80
Lafiel said:
HoloDust said:

So how prevalent is this? RRoD level?

the problem has probably been identified by this user https://imgur.com/gallery/58bBc43

as you can see the analogue sticks Nintendo used seem to be very susceptible to wear of the contact plates, which leads to the miss-input experienced as drift

that means all devices this type of stick is used in will sooner or later show the problem, depending on useage, but it also means it's quite easy to fix by installing new ones

So, in a nutshell, they've cheaped out in choice of sticks.

Around the Network

I love Nintendo, but the Joy Cons are complete and utter crap. Drift issues, connectivity issues, etc.

In terms of drift, replace the analog with a third party analog available on Amazon. It worked for me.

As for the Pro Controller, outstanding controller.  I absolutely love it, perhaps my favorite controller of all time.

I have a launch unit switch, no drift problem for now, just don't jinx it! I play about 70% as handheld, docked I have horrible almost unplayable desync problem. so I play with dualshock4 + 8bitdo adapter.

I have experienced the problem yes, on two sets of joycons. After seeing the compressed air fix mentioned online, I tried it and it solved the problem with both.

Oops! I'm late! Has D0M3D been said yet?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

PS But after all Ninty was honest, it clearly specified it in its very name, "con".

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mine used to drift, but I bought an analog stick from ebay (sent from China) for ~$3 and replaced it myself.

Wasn't too difficult to repair, but certainly a hassle. Now I use a 3rd party pro controller.

mZuzek said:
super_etecoon said:
I have had joycon drift in both sets of my joycons for at least a year. It actually made me switch to the pro controller full time.

But I watched a video on Nintendo Life (hello, loooovely peeeple), and now I'm cured.

You need to lift up the membrane underneath the joystick with tweezers or a paperclip, spray a very small amount of electronic cleaner in there, and rotate the stick for a full minute. Then let it dry for at least an hour. Make sure the controller is off and that you don't press any buttons whatsoever as sending electric current through the controller is the very last thing you'd want to do.

Both my neon and gray set are now perfectly fine and I haven't had the slightest bit of drift since.

How long has it been since then?

I'm opening up my Pro controller right now lol. Wanna get myself familiarized with this whole fixing/cleaning controllers thing, as it seems like a meta thing to do for as long as the Switch is around.

Not very long, to be honest.  Maybe a month, and I'm not using them like I was when I was playing BotW or Mario Odyssey.  In fact, I still use my Pro to play Rocket League because I trust it more.  I really love the concept of the joycons, the same as I did with the Wii/nunchuck.  It's a bummer that since day one we've had this problematic aspect of the design.

I have a pair of the Splatoon 2 colors from Japan.  The left one started to not take inputs properly and then started drifting.  Was no real issue, though.  Called Nintendo, they set up a repair/replace service and they were out, repaired and back within 7 days...free of charge.

Easy Peasy

I have zero worries with Nintendo products.  If there is an issue their customer service, time and time again, has been fantastic.

I experienced Drift in mine. I tried a fix online and it worked for a few days, and then it got much worse and didn't really recover.