By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSLite: Possible unmentioned improvements that WOULD make you consider one?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I can’t really think of anything that would make me get one. My Switch is already portable, and it comes with more versatility than the Lite.

I feel that the Lite is more for second-wave adopters.

Yep, same thoughts here.  Outside a jump in power, I don't see a need to upgrade.

Around the Network

I'm a current Switch owner who almost never uses it in handheld mode. So replacing my current Switch with the Lite is out of the question, and buying a Lite as a second Switch is incredibly unlikely. But to answer the question, there are some (still possible) features that can make me consider.

Part of the reason I rarely use my Switch in handheld mode is because it's really not comfortable to use in handheld mode. Whereas the Lite looks much better in that regard. No doubt that if the OG Switch was the Lite but with TV compatibility, I would use it in handheld mode more often. So having the Lite as a second Switch would actually be nice, as long they implement these two features:

1. Cross games and saves. If I sign in on my new Lite, I should be able to download all of my games on it, without paying for them again, while still having access on both, and with the save files being automatically and seamlessly shared between the two. When I'm done playing a Breath of the Wild on my TV downstairs, I should be walk upstairs to my bedroom, pick up the Lite, and continue on just as easily as if I had taken the OG Switch off of the dock.

2. Switch Lite as a controller. We're always short on controllers whenever I have friends over for Smash. The Lite absolutely should be able to used as a controller for a docked Switch. I was considering spending $70 a second Pro Controller just for friends, so this feature adds significant value to the Lite.

With these features in place, the Lite becomes an option for me. Would I spend $200 on it when I could pick up my OG Switch off of the dock? No. I'd have to get it on one hell of a sale.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

-Official mini dock to plug on tv, and have trails to charge a joycon pair, even it outputs only at 720p. As an optional accessory, .
-cross games and saves

This topic seems pointless. Be like saying what could McDonalds add to the basic hamburger to make it as awesome as the bacon cheeseburger.

The Switch Light is just that. The basic version. You want more stuff on your burger, just get the better burger. Don't ask the clerk to add bacon and cheese to your hamburger.

Nintendo could have obviously added or kept things on the switch lite, but they chose not to for reasons of functionality or monetary. End of story.

thetonestarr said:

I mean, obviously, for people who are single and/or have no children, there's almost zero incentive either way.

That's obvious as hell and doesn't need to be voiced. Especially not again. Doesn't contribute anything whatsoever here.

The question is obviously specifically for people who have ANY reason to own a second/third/etc system, and what would make you consider buying a Lite as opposed to another Classic, or simply considering what you already have as sufficient.

For instance, I have a wife and two children. My daughter has been playing Yoshi's Crafted World and Pokemon Let's Go fairly often. In a few months, my wife's going to be playing as well, possibly when we get Pokemon Sword and Shield, and almost certainly once we get Animal Crossing.

I do, however, have two Switches, currently. And that will probably be plenty, but it's plausible that we might want a third. And I know I'm certainly not even close to being the only person in such a situation.

So, apparently, the question needs to be reworded. For people who do actually have a reason to consider buying a Lite, what would Nintendo need to do to have you consider the Lite as opposed to (another) Classic?

wow, dude. ok.

Around the Network

How about Bluetooth headset support? Dammit Nintendo come on.

irstupid said:
This topic seems pointless. Be like saying what could McDonalds add to the basic hamburger to make it as awesome as the bacon cheeseburger.

The Switch Light is just that. The basic version. You want more stuff on your burger, just get the better burger. Don't ask the clerk to add bacon and cheese to your hamburger.

Nintendo could have obviously added or kept things on the switch lite, but they chose not to for reasons of functionality or monetary. End of story.

I mean, I'm not going to argue with your username, but we're more talking about "how would you like your ordinary burger cooked?" as opposed to "would you like to add all these other things to the burger that make it more like the cheeseburger deluxe?" 

super_etecoon said:
thetonestarr said:

I mean, obviously, for people who are single and/or have no children, there's almost zero incentive either way.

That's obvious as hell and doesn't need to be voiced. Especially not again. Doesn't contribute anything whatsoever here.

The question is obviously specifically for people who have ANY reason to own a second/third/etc system, and what would make you consider buying a Lite as opposed to another Classic, or simply considering what you already have as sufficient.

For instance, I have a wife and two children. My daughter has been playing Yoshi's Crafted World and Pokemon Let's Go fairly often. In a few months, my wife's going to be playing as well, possibly when we get Pokemon Sword and Shield, and almost certainly once we get Animal Crossing.

I do, however, have two Switches, currently. And that will probably be plenty, but it's plausible that we might want a third. And I know I'm certainly not even close to being the only person in such a situation.

So, apparently, the question needs to be reworded. For people who do actually have a reason to consider buying a Lite, what would Nintendo need to do to have you consider the Lite as opposed to (another) Classic?

wow, dude. ok.

I mean, the question was very specifically "what would make you more interested in the Lite?" and not "is there anything that can make you interested?" Just about everybody that's said they have no interest already stated in multiple other threads that they're not. What's the point in continuing to say it?

Proxy-Pie said:
How about Bluetooth headset support? Dammit Nintendo come on.

THAT is something I'm thoroughly surprised wasn't included, and definitely I agree would make the most sense on the Lite. I don't feel like there are many valid reasons not to include it on the classic Switch, but I could be wrong. But the Lite? I'm almost completely confident there are no good excuses here. It just makes perfect sense for a handheld, and there's almost no possible situation where the Lite will ever possibly have all 8 Bluetooth connections used, or even likely more than like four (two sets of JoyCons, assuming someone actually wanted to use it for two-player tabletop). 

That should leave plenty of system resources and connection availability to ensure a Bluetooth headset has zero negative impact.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Being dockable or a Zelda special edition.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I just want a stylus.

No dock, no buy. I bought a second dock to switch between my bedroom and living room because i really just don't like the handheld mode much. ProController and Free-Form joycons just feel so much better, and the television looks nicer in the games i've been mostly playing.

4 ≈ One