By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Halo Infinite drop Xbox One and go Scarlet exclusive?

Tagged games:

Should it?

Yes, dump Xbone, next gen exclusive 35 42.68%

No, keep it cross gen with Xbone 47 57.32%

Total:82
Fallawful said:
Microsoft does not care about exclusives, anyway. Their business model is based on subscriptions and profits from games. It'll come to both.

It's a silly thing to ask whether they will do this considering that they ported one of their few prominent exclusives to the Switch (Cuphead).

They care about exclusives, but just on their platforms. Which is Xbox and Windows, while Switch is supported sometimes because its not a direct competitor per se.

If they care about software sales and subscriptions then Halo Infinite must launch on X1 as well. Moving it to Scarlett only would only motivate hardware sales and would look bad for MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Pemalite said:

Current PC's are vastly superior to the consoles on various fronts, so that shouldn't be used as reasoning to keep an Xbox One version.

Either way... The game has had years of development likely with the Xbox One in mind, so it's not going to get it's support dropped from those platforms, plus it wouldn't result in a dramatically superior game anyway.

In saying that... I wouldn't be against the idea of dropping the Xbox One and Xbox One X consoles (This is coming from as an owner) and spending a few extra years in development, overhauling the game to give us a truly next-gen Halo experience.
The Xbox One wasn't a great console on the hardware side of the equation even on release to begin with... Would be nice to finally have that baggage dropped and seeing increases in geometric complexity, draw distances, texturing, lighting, shadowing, physics and particle effects and so on. - Maybe Ray Tracing?

High end PC's are. But most people's PC's aren't much better than the XBX. If at all. 

Mid Tier PC's blow the XBX out of the water. If someone considers themselves to be a gamer and game on PC regularly buying the newer games, their PC is better than a console's. That's pretty much a given. The XBX is literally considered an entry level gaming PC. It's equivalent to a dual core CPU and a GTX 1060, which is about $400 - $450. The PS5 and Xbox Scarlet I know will be equivalent to mid tier PCs.

Did Breath of the Wild launching on WiiU slow Switch sales?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Personally, I have no desire to see any more Halo or Forza games on Xbox One. From now on, I want them to be built for Scarlet, not ported to Scarlet from a console with inferior hardware.

Sogreblute said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

High end PC's are. But most people's PC's aren't much better than the XBX. If at all. 

Mid Tier PC's blow the XBX out of the water. If someone considers themselves to be a gamer and game on PC regularly buying the newer games, their PC is better than a console's. That's pretty much a given. The XBX is literally considered an entry level gaming PC. It's equivalent to a dual core CPU and a GTX 1060, which is about $400 - $450. The PS5 and Xbox Scarlet I know will be equivalent to mid tier PCs.

And the vast majority of people that play games on steam etc have 'entry level' gaming PC's. 80% of steam users have quad core or lower. 

Only 15% of users have a 1070 or higher. Most have 1060, 1050 Ti and Raedon 5450 (10% have a 5450 and that's old as fuck). So yeah, being on PC means they might as well have the Xbox One version still. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

No. The next main Halo game has always been stated to be coming to Xbox One. Why change that now less than 2 years from launch?

Thankfully, Nintendo still gave older hardware owners their due with TP and BOTW being cross-gen. Microsoft should give Halo fans the same treatment. It probably would've made more sense for Halo Infinite to be a Scarlet exclusive, but not anymore.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

ArchangelMadzz said:
Sogreblute said:

And the vast majority of people that play games on steam etc have 'entry level' gaming PC's. 80% of steam users have quad core or lower. 

Only 15% of users have a 1070 or higher. Most have 1060, 1050 Ti and Raedon 5450 (10% have a 5450 and that's old as fuck). So yeah, being on PC means they might as well have the Xbox One version still. 

And where did you get this information? Also Steam isn't the only PC platform.

Sogreblute said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

No but steam has 90 million monthly active users. Which is the vast majority of PC gamers. And I doubt these numbers would be much different elsewhere.

I got these numbers from steam themselves from their hardware and software survery that they do of their users machines. 

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

(Also correction on the 5450 part of my comment I mistook that for the 'other' section. But the point still stands, The vast majority of users have a 1060 or lower)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Sogreblute said:

No but steam has 90 million monthly active users. Which is the vast majority of PC gamers. And I doubt these numbers would be much different elsewhere.

I got these numbers from steam themselves from their hardware and software survery that they do of their users machines. 

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

(Also correction on the 5450 part of my comment I mistook that for the 'other' section. But the point still stands, The vast majority of users have a 1060 or lower)

So you got this information from a survey, an optional survey. Where not everyone will participate. Where people can lie about their specs. The Steam survey does not represent every user on Steam. The survey also doesn't differentiate a PC "user" and a PC "gamer". Some of the most popular games on Steam or PC in general are really easy to run, so people who only play those games have no reason to upgrade. However, if you have a PC to mainly game on then it's pretty much a given that your PC will be more powerful than a console. This Steam survey thing that people bring up to make consoles look better has been debunked so many times.

ArchangelMadzz said:

But they also don't need to be... Most peoples PC's aren't sinking all their performance trying to chase 4k... Thus they can dial-up the visual settings at 1080P/1440P instead to have an overall better image than the Xbox One X despite having a weaker GPU in their PC's.
I would always choose Ultra settings at 1440P than Medium quality settings at 4k like most Xbox One X games.

In saying that...
I calculated that 32.54% of PC's on the Steam hardware statistics have superior GPU performance to the Xbox One X. - I only calculated nVidia GPU's, I didn't calculate PC's with multiple GPU's and I didn't calculate every GPU on the list... I got about half way which was enough to provide a rough idea.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
https://www.anandtech.com/bench/

Steam itself has 90~ million monthly active users.
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/steam-now-has-90-million-monthly-users/

Which using the power of percentages would equate to 29~ or more million monthly Steam users having a PC superior to the Xbox One X.
But like I said... It also doesn't matter, PC gamers get to choose to sacrifice some resolution to increase visual quality anyway even with specs that fall behind the Xbox One X.

How many Xbox One X consoles are on the market? A couple million? Yeah. There are more PC's with specs that surpass the Xbox One X.

Sogreblute said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It helps that the PC has vastly superior DRAM counts, faster storage, faster CPU's... Which means that the experience on PC tends to be a bit different than console.

The main selling point of the Xbox One X is that it has a semi-decent mid-range GPU (Although more low-end of the spectrum now that Navi and Turing are rolling out.)
But the games are still Xbox One games, they just look a bit prettier... And still a step behind what the PC offers.

ArchangelMadzz said:

A modern entry-level Quad-core CPU from Intel or AMD beats the absolute snot out of an 8-core Jaguar... Remember AMD's Jaguar was AMD's cheapest, slowest and nastiest CPU at a time when AMD's CPU's were cheap, slow and absolutely terrible, keep that in perspective. - Those 8-core Jaguars would offer less performance than a modern dual-core CPU. - Not to mention... Not all 8-cores of those Jaguar CPU's can be used for gaming anyway.

A Geforce 1060 can match the Xbox One X's GPU, but the kicker is... That GPU doesn't spend all it's resources chasing 3840x2160 resolutions, so it can output overall better visuals.

Steam hardware statistics aren't perfect either, there are many PC's with multiple-GPU's that aren't accounted for.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 08 July 2019

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--