By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Anti fascists" Severely Beat Journalist

Torillian said:
o_O.Q said:

"Last statement is a reasonable argument to make, I only commented because you were stating trends with no evidence where all polling data goes against your assertion."

ah ok but smearing someone as far right because they dislike islam which has occurred throughout this thread(by people who for the most part ironically probably dislike islam) isn't as much of an issue

"Now if you're anti islam"

the vast majority of people on this site are anti islam i'd wager doesn't make this site right wing

"write mostly for rightwing new paper outlets"

links? and even if that is the case its kind of a useless point if the furthest right thing you can muster up from his articles is that he dislikes islam

"spend your time defending far right activist groups"

well this is a new one, can I get a link?

"ah ok but smearing someone as far right because they dislike islam which has occurred throughout this thread(by people who for the most part ironically probably dislike islam) isn't as much of an issue"

If you can show me polling that indicates that those statements are wrong then I'll comment. The interpretation of whether or not an individual is right wing based on their dislike of islam is an inductive claim that I cannot fully disprove. Your statement, on the other hand, was a deductive statement about trends on a group level, something that can be answered by polling to show you're wrong. 

"the vast majority of people on this site are anti islam i'd wager doesn't make this site right wing"

Already agreed that one can be anti islam and left wing, I'm making a holistic argument which is the only way one can inductively reason about a person's intentions. 

"links? and even if that is the case its kind of a useless point if the furthest right thing you can muster up from his articles is that he dislikes islam"

Wiki says he's written for "The Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and National Review," and the analysis I've found indicates all three of those are right wing news outlets. 

"well this is a new one, can I get a link?"

He was filming a counter protest of the proud boys and has done similar things for the group Patriot Prayer. You don't think that's something done in defense of a far right activist group? He goes to conflicts between the left and right and films the left doing shitty things. That's defense of the right. 

What would this person need to do to prove to you they are on the right? If he just says he's on the left but all his actions go against that do you just take his word for it? I think that one can make a pretty convincing argument that he is on the right, what evidence do you have that he's actually on the left?

There are plenty of left minded jornalists in right wing publications and right minded jornalists on left wing publications.

So we have "he wrote against islam, being a guy that is afraid of the prosecution islam do on gays", he writes for right leaning publications and he filmed protests of proud boys (considered right wing) and antifa (considered left wing). Even the 3 together can't really point to he being right winger or as defended in this thread someone that defend and praise them.

Torillian said:
MrWayne said:

What are you guys even talk about when you say anti islam? It's such a broad statement. Is everyone who doesn't follow one of the islamic schools "anti islam"? If so it would be a very trivial statment and "not muslim" would be a better term.

I would define anti-islam in this case as someone who fears islam's growing influence in "the west" not just as someone who is not muslim. The polling I originally showed asked people whether or not they would be willing to vote for a muslim for president. If you are not willing to vote for a muslim for office regardless of their politics I would consider that "anti-islam". 

This type of polling is very bad. You can't really know what the person understood by the question.

One could think that when you ask "would you vote in an islam candidate", the islamic portion would be very relevant on that person, as if he would focus his propositions on his religion, which most people understanding it that way would be against.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Machiavellian said:

Lol, anti racism could mean anything once you take the bullet point out and put in context.  Anti racism could mean to them against White people only.  A bullet point means nothing without the descriptions because each one of those points can be detailed a certain way. 

It can but it is not in this case.(or most likely not)

This is on the frontpage of their site in big letters:"New members joining worldwide everyday,all races,all religions,gay or straight" I really really do not think this is some kind of sneaky way of atracting racists while not openly promoting them,that is a tiny bit farfetched/grasping.

They will prob have some racists but hard to imagine it is an intentional racist group,not that i like them though i even dislike all that shittalker attitude greatly.

Are you trying to say that people do not twist words and concepts to meet their own viewpoint or desire.  

I personally have not done any research on the Proud Boys or heard any of their speeches so I will bow out until I get more info.  I still say bullet point mean nothing without context so I will need to hear exactly what they talk about before making any real opinion on them.

o_O.Q said:
Machiavellian said:

"You want to make him out to be a victim, I am saying he is either a fool or he knew exactly what he was doing.  Which is it????"

well unless the definition of the word "victim" has changed i'm fairly sure that he's a victim of violence

now what i'm asking is why is your focus on the victim's actions (victim blaming)?

Yeah, he is a victim of violence brought on by his decision to run right into it with a camera.  At least he got what he wanted.  I already stated why I am focusing on Mr. Ngo.  I consider him a political player and this was no random decision but a conscious act.

"Oh poor Mr. Ngo going into danger for doing his Job lol."

i wonder if you laugh at fire fighters who get hurt on the job too... either way its fucking disgusting

You show me a fireman going to a fire without protection and I will show you a fool.  What is disgusting is the simple way you view a very common sense situation.

"You are trying to tie every violent action of Antifa to the left"

I have by talking about one event? where is this journal I've been using to keep track of every violent action by antifa at?

read your post back to yourself, actually digest it and try to evaluate whether what you've claimed here makes sense or not

I guess you never fully look at your choice of words during this thread.  I suggest you go back and look how you phrase things and tie the left to Antifa instead of making this about Antifa.  I doubt you will do that since you have an agenda.

"You care no more about Mr. Ngo then anyone else."

how do you know whether I care about a particular person or not? you reading the same crystal ball as tsgud?

I am only going by your own words.  Mr. Ngo is a tool for you to make your political narrative more than about the beating or even him.

" Instead he is just a tool for you to use to throw around your opinion about the violent left.  This part you will not admit."

well looks like we can't have a conversation about it then since you've already made up your mind that i'm being dishonest, but ironically enough that raises the question of why you'd choose to bring it up then? just to poison the well and make me out to be dishonest? are you going to answer that question honestly? well of course not right? because this was just projection

and yes in this situation leftists were violent, are you denying that this event happened?

You can always change my mind once you stop including the left in this act and just keep it to Antifa.  Lets see how long you can hold out before you revert to form. Opps you already broke it.  I guess you could not resist.  So in your eyes, do the Proud Boys, KKK or any other far right group represent the right or do they just represent their group.  Can you answer that question.

"Yes, his Attackers are Antifa"

"No one is doubting this part of the story."

"" This man was beaten by Antifa and even if just saying that it still wouldn't totally be correct. This man was beat by people associated by Antifa.  ""

"I am basing my opinion on your own words because you keep bringing up the left into the conversation."

antifa claim to be leftists and that leftist values motivate their actions, do you not think that is relevant?

So if a person walk downs the street and punches a person in the face, yells out, I represent the Left what will you do.  Will that person be your next poster boy to parade around as the violent left or would that person just be another asshole.  The difference here is that what you seek is justification for the way you think so Antifa is your tool instead of just looking at them as just another violent group of assholes.

Oh and to answer your question, yes I do not think its relevant.  I consider Antifa as just another violent assholes group but then again, I have no agenda concerning the left, right or center.

NightlyPoe said:
Machiavellian said:

I believe what he is saying and what I have stated is that Mr. Ngo went into that fire knowing exactly what would happen and was ready to film it.  He wanted that ass beating and he got what he wanted.  Mr. Ngo is playing the game and he took one for the team because did anyone really need more info that Antifa is violent.  

I do not see Mr. Ngo as some innocent reporter getting his butt handed to him.  Instead from what I have researched on this guy, he is another player in the same political narrative we have witness within the US for decades.  If his only aim was to bring Antifa to justice, expose the group for their violent behavior, I would be right behind him but instead his aim is like the person who created this thread, which is to tie the left to Antifa and create a narrative.

So is Antifa 100% at fault, you better believe it but Mr. Ngo isn't some innocent reporter out their filming violent events.  He is a political player and he is making his rounds on internet and media sites building that narrative of the violent left.

Ngo obviously knew it was dangerous.  It is not the first time he has been assaulted.  But that really does not mean anything other than that he is brave to stand up to the terrorists.  It has to be done by somebody and we are all better for his having exposed them to a larger audience.

What is wrong with that?  If Ngo is wrong for walking into the lion's den then so were Gandhi and Martin Luther King.  May I ask if King deserved part of the blame for his own assassination because he stood up to his own group of domestic terrorists wearing masks who believed their view was so righteous that they were justified in employing violence to silence the "agitator"?  He obviously knew it was dangerous.

But King and Gandhi relied on people of good conscience seeing the violence and being repelled by it.  We have failed as a society if we see the same thing again and just because we hold onto the belief that the terrorists in masks are the "good guys" that there's a way we can pin the blame on the victim.

I would totally be with you on this opinion if Mr. Ngo was looking to expose Antifa but that's not really what he is doing.  From the interviews I have seen and read, he has another goal and that is to tie Antifa to the left, to present a message and narrative that the left is violent.  This moves him from being just a reporter out to expose a violent group to a political player looking to create a narrative for his party.  Motives do matter in situations like this as they define why people take such risks and for what purpose.  The 2 examples you mention are case in point where each of them were looking out to elevate their people.  Mr. Ngo aim in my opinion is to present a political message which taints his actions.

I get a sense he was looking for that violence but he really only believed it would be the standard mileshakes, silly string and the occasional egg.  He knew these are the weapon of choice by Antifa so he was willing to go their, take one for the team and film it.  What happen as always with a mob is those people who love to take that free cheap shot lurking in the crowd.  Those are the punks that run up behind you still a punch or throw the rock or brink looking for blood.  I believe Mr. Ngo did not see that coming but it actually played better for his narrative instead of just getting doused by milkshakes.  From here, he will do a world tour, touting the violent left and make his case for it.

Machiavellian said:
o_O.Q said:

"You want to make him out to be a victim, I am saying he is either a fool or he knew exactly what he was doing.  Which is it????"

well unless the definition of the word "victim" has changed i'm fairly sure that he's a victim of violence

now what i'm asking is why is your focus on the victim's actions (victim blaming)?

Yeah, he is a victim of violence brought on by his decision to run right into it with a camera.  At least he got what he wanted.  I already stated why I am focusing on Mr. Ngo.  I consider him a political player and this was no random decision but a conscious act.

"Oh poor Mr. Ngo going into danger for doing his Job lol."

i wonder if you laugh at fire fighters who get hurt on the job too... either way its fucking disgusting

You show me a fireman going to a fire without protection and I will show you a fool.  What is disgusting is the simple way you view a very common sense situation.

"You are trying to tie every violent action of Antifa to the left"

I have by talking about one event? where is this journal I've been using to keep track of every violent action by antifa at?

read your post back to yourself, actually digest it and try to evaluate whether what you've claimed here makes sense or not

I guess you never fully look at your choice of words during this thread.  I suggest you go back and look how you phrase things and tie the left to Antifa instead of making this about Antifa.  I doubt you will do that since you have an agenda.

"You care no more about Mr. Ngo then anyone else."

how do you know whether I care about a particular person or not? you reading the same crystal ball as tsgud?

I am only going by your own words.  Mr. Ngo is a tool for you to make your political narrative more than about the beating or even him.

" Instead he is just a tool for you to use to throw around your opinion about the violent left.  This part you will not admit."

well looks like we can't have a conversation about it then since you've already made up your mind that i'm being dishonest, but ironically enough that raises the question of why you'd choose to bring it up then? just to poison the well and make me out to be dishonest? are you going to answer that question honestly? well of course not right? because this was just projection

and yes in this situation leftists were violent, are you denying that this event happened?

You can always change my mind once you stop including the left in this act and just keep it to Antifa.  Lets see how long you can hold out before you revert to form. Opps you already broke it.  I guess you could not resist.  So in your eyes, do the Proud Boys, KKK or any other far right group represent the right or do they just represent their group.  Can you answer that question.

"Yes, his Attackers are Antifa"

"No one is doubting this part of the story."

"" This man was beaten by Antifa and even if just saying that it still wouldn't totally be correct. This man was beat by people associated by Antifa.  ""

"I am basing my opinion on your own words because you keep bringing up the left into the conversation."

antifa claim to be leftists and that leftist values motivate their actions, do you not think that is relevant?

So if a person walk downs the street and punches a person in the face, yells out, I represent the Left what will you do.  Will that person be your next poster boy to parade around as the violent left or would that person just be another asshole.  The difference here is that what you seek is justification for the way you think so Antifa is your tool instead of just looking at them as just another violent group of assholes.

Oh and to answer your question, yes I do not think its relevant.  I consider Antifa as just another violent assholes group but then again, I have no agenda concerning the left, right or center.

Problem is that it is much more likely that you see left wing and movements defending antifa and BLM (like they do to black blocks in Brazil) than to find right wing defending the KKK or neonazis.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Problem is that it is much more likely that you see left wing and movements defending antifa and BLM (like they do to black blocks in Brazil) than to find right wing defending the KKK or neonazis.

Are you sure? The president of the United States himself stuck up for what the far-right did in Charlottesville.

So trump is a whole movement by himself? Want to see some left wing supporting BLM?

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you sure? The president of the United States himself stuck up for what the far-right did in Charlottesville.

"The president of the United States himself stuck up for what the far-right did in Charlottesville."

evidence? quote?

RJTM1991 said:
EricHiggin said:

I'll add one more to your meme wall, my man.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 10 July 2019

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

So trump is a whole movement by himself? Want to see some left wing supporting BLM?

You said "left wing and movements", so individual persons weren't excluded from your statement.

But sure, show me what you have.

Very well know Marcelo Freixo from PSOL in Brazil that used to support Black Blocks.

https://veja.abril.com.br/blog/felipe-moura-brasil/a-moral-8220-black-bloc-8221-do-psol-marcelo-freixo-e-seus-partidarios-antes-e-depois-da-morte-de-santiago/

On this single group you would see support from several different left wing parties.

And my point was that it would be more likely to find left wing supporting BLM and Antifa than right wing supporting KKK and whatnot. You saying Trump gave support on one situation doesn't disprove that.

For instance, we had a lot of people in this thread supporting the actions of Antifa, you included, but haven't seem a single support for KKK at all.

Some more context is needed. Andy Ngo a gay, asian and moderately conservative journalist (that combination makes him the embodiment of evil in liberal eyes). He doxxed a member of Antifa once and for the far left, that justified beating him to the point of brain damage.

Thankfully the left has suicided with this attack and forced mainstream journalists to cover the violence of antifa. Antifa is no longer just a far-left group of protesters, but a group of terrorists as the government already widely considers them. Andy Ngo has forced news stations and social media to start taking action against these groups and has done enormous damage to the left.

As always, violent protests don't help, they only hurt your cause. The one good thing to come out of this is that Andy Ngo and his story has become a household name. His story and his cause has been spread far and wide.