By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Anti fascists" Severely Beat Journalist

DarkD said:
Some more context is needed.Andy Ngo a gay, asian and moderately conservative journalist (that combination makes him the embodiment of evil in liberal eyes).  He doxxed a member of Antifa once and for the far left, that justified beating him to the point of brain damage.

Thankfully the left has suicided with this attack and forced mainstream journalists to cover the violence of antifa. Antifa is no longer just a far-left group of protesters, but a group of terrorists as the government already widely considers them. Andy Ngo has forced news stations and social media to start taking action against these groups and has done enormous damage to the left.

As always, violent protests don't help, they only hurt your cause. The one good thing to come out of this is that Andy Ngo and his story has become a household name. His story and his cause has been spread far and wide.

Please refrain from making gross generalizations of the entire queer community, my community. We're as diverse as the rainbow and have many opinions and political perspectives. I have quite a few queer conservative friends irl and they're not the "embodiment of evil" as you put it. Pushing the narrative that all of their fellow queer liberal friends view them that way is not only an untrue harmful generalization, it's toxic to them and the entire LGBTQIA+ community as a whole.

Last edited by tsogud - on 11 July 2019

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Bullshit. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want to excuse these scum, but these animals were absolutely in the wrong. Ngo is a reporter (for a website that, per their own cheif editor, is on record stating they are of a center-left, independent bent, similar to myself). But even if they're far right wing that shouldn't fucking matter in the first place. In what insane world can people defend Fascists (and yes that is exactly what KKKlantifa is) intimidating reporters into silence and violence because they have different political bents??

We shouldn't be asking why a reporter is on the scene doing his job - we should be asking why are there a group of masked domestic terrorists beating on journalists in the first place! and furthermore why did the police stand down and not help this reporter out? And why are a ton of media excusing or even defending it? Frightening times in this country when shit like this is allowed to happen and millions (many of whom are of high influence in society) can somehow excuse/enable this. I've studied history and I see where this leads if this mob mentality of violence/censorship goes unchecked and gets out of hand. Hint: Germany circa the mid 1940s.

But I guess this is what happens when we all divide into mindless tribes and abandon all personal responsibility. That's our country now I guess. It's always "It's not MY fault I'm a despicable human, it's THIS GUY'S fault!" 

Lol, who is excusing Antifa.  See this is the problem with a lot of you in this thread.  Me calling out Mr. Ngo doesn't have anything to do with Antifa in who they are. It's already well established they are a violent group.  It would be like a black man walking into the middle of a KKK clan expecting hugs and kisses. I am saying that Mr. Ngo did not go into the middle of this group of violent people not knowing the situation.  Just because you feel sorry for him doesn't remove the fact he choose to jump in the fire.  It also doesn't matter if he is a reporter because being smart enough to care about your well being means you can continue to do your job. 

So what you are saying in your second paragraph is that reporters are stupid.  We should not be asking the question of why a reporter who has clashed with a violent group, doxx their members and was outed by their leader would walk directly into their group. So somehow, we do not expect Mr. Ngo to be smart enough to understand the danger but instead shocked he got his ass handed to him for doing something dangerous.

Also where are you getting your info that the Police stand down and did not help.  Where did you see any police in any of those videos or do you believe they magically knew what was going on and decided that Mr. Ngo deserve that beating.  You must have woke up yesterday if you believe this hasn't happened throughout America history.  Maybe you should consult that history lesson more because this isn't even close to some incidents in the past.

He is a JOURNALIST. It is his fucking job to cover Antifa. At the end of the day you are trying to paint terrorists in a better light by deflecting to somehow Ngo is a fool for doing his job. And even if he move was ill-advised - so that makes it ok? A scantily clad woman saunters through a shady alleyway at night and gets raped, that's ok too? After all, she is "jumping into the fire" right?

The fact that a reporter cannot cover this group from up close without his safety being in jeopardy or having his head smashed in is EXACTLY why he should be doing it and why this story NEEDS to be told in the first place. He's trying to expose these loons, and I applaud him for doing so.

There are reports that cops just stood there watching what happened and that even the mayor gave a stand down order. Even if this isn't true there absolutely should have been cops there to diffuse the situation, come to Ngo's aid, and make arrests on the scene. It is their job to serve and protect is it not? The fact that they were nowhere to be found says to me there's a larger conspiracy here, and it's why I'm more concerned about Klantifa than I'd be if it didn't go any higher up that a small gaggle of lunatics wearing masks. It clearly goes higher up. They should be condemned and marginalized to the same extent the KKK, Neo Nazis, Proud Boys, Hells Angels, and Charlottesville weirdos are, but they aren't. In fact they seem to be strangely supported, or at least ignored or excused by a great many, in the mainstream media, politicians, various twitter blue checkmarks.. despite being just as cultist, violent, and intolerant as these other groups.. Why is this? 

This comes full circle as to why it is vital Klantifa be exposed and dissolved in the first place - they clearly have a concerning amount of power and influence that goes way higher up the ranks. If left unchecked, and they gain more and more power and influence and this sort of behavior becomes increasingly accepted.. well, let's just say I don't like the outcome at all

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 11 July 2019

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:

Problem is that it is much more likely that you see left wing and movements defending antifa and BLM (like they do to black blocks in Brazil) than to find right wing defending the KKK or neonazis.

I believe both sides will defend a group to a point to disassociate their extreme mentality.  I have seen it for both sides but in reality all of them should be loud and clear to denounce violent groups because nothing really good will come from them.

DarthMetalliCube said:

He is a JOURNALIST. It is his fucking job to cover Antifa. At the end of the day you are trying to paint terrorists in a better light by deflecting to somehow Ngo is a fool for doing his job. And even if he move was ill-advised - so that makes it ok? A scantily clad woman saunters through a shady alleyway at night and gets raped, that's ok too? After all, she is "jumping into the fire" right?

The fact that a reporter cannot cover this group from up close without his safety being in jeopardy or having his head smashed in is EXACTLY why he should be doing it and why this story NEEDS to be told in the first place. He's trying to expose these loons, and I applaud him for doing so.

There are reports that cops just stood there watching what happened and that even the mayor gave a stand down order. Even if this isn't true there absolutely should have been cops there to diffuse the situation, come to Ngo's aid, and make arrests on the scene. It is their job to serve and protect is it not? The fact that they were nowhere to be found says to me there's a larger conspiracy here, and it's why I'm more concerned about Klantifa than I'd be if it didn't go any higher up that a small gaggle of lunatics wearing masks. It clearly goes higher up. They should be condemned and marginalized to the same extent the KKK, Neo Nazis, Proud Boys, Hells Angels, and Charlottesville weirdos are, but they aren't. In fact they seem to be strangely supported, or at least ignored or excused by a great many, in the mainstream media, politicians, various twitter blue checkmarks.. despite being just as cultist, violent, and intolerant as these other groups.. Why is this? 

This comes full circle as to why it is vital Klantifa be exposed and dissolved in the first place - they clearly have a concerning amount of power and influence that goes way higher up the ranks. If left unchecked, and they gain more and more power and influence and this sort of behavior becomes increasingly accepted.. well, let's just say I don't like the outcome at all

I am calling BS on this "HE is a Journalist" as if this gives him the green card to not care about his well being, not prepare for a violent confrontation or anything.  Is this the opinion of some of you that journalist just do stupid stuff for the story with no regard for their safety.  Yes, his job is to cover Antifa, is his job to wade into the middle of them with no care in the world.  Lol, I guess in your eyes Journalist must be made of adamantium

Yes, there should be cops everywhere, in every nick and corner, under the street, in the woods you name it.  Yep, cops has this magic ability to stop every conflict and be in multiple places at once.  They have infrared vision, bionic hearing and specialized equipment to sniff out the smallest conflict.

I await for Antifa and all of these violent groups to be dissolved but since none of the others have well, I do not see anything happening.  I guess it's your basic rights getting in the way because how can you dissolve an unorganized group with no leadership.  Any person can form their group which is the reason you see different aspect of the groups depending on where they form up.  I do not see no conspiracy with Antifa anymore than I see with any of the other violent groups you mention.  They all come and go, have their time in the sun before people get sick of their crap.  What you should be concerned with is that in the US there appears to be more and more groups forming that feel violence is the answer which is another topic of itself.

NightlyPoe said:
RolStoppable said:

You want Ngo to be perceived as just an ordinary journalist. You don't like it that I and others have looked at the articles he publishes and you call it character assassination when it's pointed out that Ngo aligns himself with the mindset of the far-right or close to it. Ngo isn't remotely close to the German example I mentioned yet, but Ngo seems to aspire to become someone like that. That's why it's very important to be able to see more than a binary context of good vs. bad. And yes, all of this is on topic, whether you like it or not.

It is off topic and character assassination.  Ngo is not the topic of this, the domestic terrorists that assaulted him are.  If he'd said bad things about neo-Nazis and got attacked by them, there would be no question in the matter.  Ngo would probably be winning journalism awards right now and legislation named after him would be passing unanimously to make sure it doesn't happen again.

But that doesn't matter to you.  You support this brand of domestic terrorism and wish to muddy the waters where it comes to their victims.  This is not how things are done in a civilized society.

And once you've knocked down basic civility, the real bad guys usually make everyone regret it.

So are you saying someone character and motivations has nothing to do with their actions.  Isn't that very convenient to just dismiss those very important attributes just because they are not convenient for your argument.  It seem you want to see Mr. Ngo as a hero which is fine but others seem more to his goal then just exposing Antifa.

Your second point is total garbage.  Not once did anyone say they support Antifa or any of the violence they do whether its hitting people with eggs and milkshakes to the occasional punks who take the cheap shot.  None of those things are acceptable and no one condone it. No one is putting Antifa on a pedestal or dismissing they are a violent group.  This is the narrative you want to portray to support your point but its totally made up and based on nothing.

You are trying to make this incident as simplistic as you want but I highly doubt you have did anything more concerning this whole BS then make an opinion on the headline.  I on the other hand looked at Mr. Ngo before this incident, during and after.  I have listen to his interviews and read them.  My opinion of Mr. Ngo isn't based on just this one incident but instead his total character, motivations and currently his talking points.  He isn't just out there trying to bring down violent groups but instead trying to build his narrative of the violent left and associate the left with the group.  So no, I do not see him as a hero but instead another player in this game of left and right.  Just because Mr. Ngo was willing to take a beating only means he probably didn't believe it would be to this result but instead the basic BS that Antifa does.

Around the Network

My thoughts are simple on this issue.

I'm going to side with an unmasked person that was visibly assaulted by a group of people wearing masks.

I will side with that side in practically all issues, less it's a situation where the unmasked person is on the side of some evil regime and being unmasked would result in being killed. Though regardless, violence should not be necessary. We are not in a civil war/coup/uprising/revolt or anything like that. The U.S. is at peace, regardless of what fear mongering the media is trying to do.

The "Ngo is a journalist" argument is rather oversimplifying things. Yes, he is a "journalist" of sorts I guess, but one known to push far-right narratives (often false ones), one who doxxed a person who had her spline broken by a Proud Boys member (a far-right neo-fascist organization that promotes political violence). He's a bit more than just a "journalist" and clearly a direct antagonist to Antifa (and vice versa). He was threatened by Antifa with violence beforehand, but went anyway.
I can't see how his act of seeking confrontation with Antifa can be anything other than seeking to become a martyr. If that is indeed the case, then bravo Mr. Ngo, you did it. But don't cry about it. And you achieved little to none; we already knew that a rabid dog will bite when you get in their faces, thank you. Some journalism...

Should he have been beaten by Antifa? Of course not. Antifa is f*ing disgusting and f*ing stupid. Any extremist movement, left or right, is f*ing disgusting and f*ing stupid.
I don't think Antifa gets a free pass by the mainstream media either. This incident was widely reported by the likes of CNN, with them being also particularly critical of Antifa and ringing alarm bells here.

Ngo should be able to do what he wants to do without violence, sure. I hate to see that he was beaten up. I hate to see anyone being beaten up. But to be honest, I felt worse when I realized that I was out of eggs this morning.

irstupid said:
I'm going to side with an unmasked person that was visibly assaulted by a group of people wearing masks.

Personally I don't feel the need to side to anyone here. It's like choosing who sucks the least, and then side with it.

Sure, in this case Antifa sucks the most. But that doesn't mean I should side with Ngo, because I just don't. This whole incident sucks.

irstupid said:

I will side with that side in practically all issues, less it's a situation where the unmasked person is on the side of some evil regime and being unmasked would result in being killed. Though regardless, violence should not be necessary. We are not in a civil war/coup/uprising/revolt or anything like that. The U.S. is at peace, regardless of what fear mongering the media is trying to do.

For me it's a little more complex than siding with either one.  First I will never side with Antifa because I consider them just another thug group.  Even if the worst thing they did was throw milkshakes and eggs at people I would still consider then garbage.  Any group that feels those types of acts are acceptable need to have each and every member charged with assault and prosecuted to full extent of the law.

As to Mr. Ngo, my feelings are little different.  I am looking at this motivation and his aim in making this confrontation.  Afterwards I am looking at what he says and does and the narrative he is building based on what happened.  If his aim was to walk into danger, expose Antifa for a violent group, gain national traction against such groups (not just Antifa) and be the rally cry for Americans to stop tolerating this BS, then he would be my hero but instead he is a player. What I mean by that is that he is playing the left vs right game.  He doesn't denounce other violent groups but instead paints a picture of the violent left.  His narrative is that the left is violent based on Antifa and he builds a story on those grounds.  This just makes him another asshole in this whole BS of left and right which further divide the nation and doesn't move the needle forward.

So, Mr. Ngo turned a hero moment into just another partisan BS crap we have seen in the US for decades.  Maybe there will be someone who takes that beating for everyone not just the right or the left but it sure isn't Mr. Ngo.

Machiavellian said:
irstupid said:

For me it's a little more complex than siding with either one.  First I will never side with Antifa because I consider them just another thug group.  Even if the worst thing they did was throw milkshakes and eggs at people I would still consider then garbage.  Any group that feels those types of acts are acceptable need to have each and every member charged with assault and prosecuted to full extent of the law.

As to Mr. Ngo, my feelings are little different.  I am looking at this motivation and his aim in making this confrontation.  Afterwards I am looking at what he says and does and the narrative he is building based on what happened.  If his aim was to walk into danger, expose Antifa for a violent group, gain national traction against such groups (not just Antifa) and be the rally cry for Americans to stop tolerating this BS, then he would be my hero but instead he is a player. What I mean by that is that he is playing the left vs right game.  He doesn't denounce other violent groups but instead paints a picture of the violent left.  His narrative is that the left is violent based on Antifa and he builds a story on those grounds.  This just makes him another asshole in this whole BS of left and right which further divide the nation and doesn't move the needle forward.

So, Mr. Ngo turned a hero moment into just another partisan BS crap we have seen in the US for decades.  Maybe there will be someone who takes that beating for everyone not just the right or the left but it sure isn't Mr. Ngo.

Again, ignore either groups/person past and just take the istuation up front. In a developed country that is not in a civil war/revolt/uprising/ect a civilian is beaten up by a group of masked individuals.   THE END

Quit this "he was asking for it" Go and tell a rape victim s/he was asking for it by the way they dressed.

But let's go down this 'asking for it' route. Let's use sports football for an example. If I were to do a study on which sports teams fans are the best and worst, a simple way would be to put on a rival teams jersey and walk over to the tailgating area before a game and see what happens. Heck maybe even talk smack. 

Let's say I wear a Vikings jersey and go to Green Bay and get beat up.

Then I wear a Packers jersey and go to Minneapolis and don't get beat up. 

Which team has worse fans? You could say I was asking for it in both situations. The difference is that one group of people didn't resort to violence.