By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Attack on Titan is one of the best animes ever!! prove me wrong (poll)

Tagged games:

Is Attack on Titan one of the best animes ?

Yes 23 41.82%

No 32 58.18%

Total:55
LurkerJ said:

The direction, the soundtrack, the voice acting, the animation are all top notch. Character development of the major characters is executed well, however, a lot of the of faces that we see on the show don't get enough screen time in my opinion.

Spoiler!
I didn't like the fact that Titans have the ability to wipe out memories of people inside the wall. It's such a random ability and it feels like it's only there because it's the only way to make the mysterious outside world.... mysterious to everyone living inside the walls. I wish they took a different approach to that plot point. 

With that said, I enjoyed all 3 season. I am a bit worried how the story is gonna wrap up now and how thrilling the last season will be now that the mystery is resolved. (which has been a big driving force behind the suspense and the thrill). LOST kept us hooked until we found out what was inside the hatch, I hope AoT doesn't share the same destiny. 

I agree with your concerns about the last season but i believe it's gonna be excellent .. aaaand i agree about what you didn't like hahaha that whole season 3 part 1 was a little confusing and unnecessarily complex and also i didn't like how after the epic climax of season 2 the story took a completely different turn with S3 part 1.

Around the Network

I also thought every anime was great when I had only watched 3 animes in my life.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LurkerJ said:

The direction, the soundtrack, the voice acting, the animation are all top notch. Character development of the major characters is executed well, however, a lot of the of faces that we see on the show don't get enough screen time in my opinion.

Spoiler!
I didn't like the fact that Titans have the ability to wipe out memories of people inside the wall. It's such a random ability and it feels like it's only there because it's the only way to make the mysterious outside world.... mysterious to everyone living inside the walls. I wish they took a different approach to that plot point. 

With that said, I enjoyed all 3 season. I am a bit worried how the story is gonna wrap up now and how thrilling the last season will be now that the mystery is resolved. (which has been a big driving force behind the suspense and the thrill). LOST kept us hooked until we found out what was inside the hatch, I hope AoT doesn't share the same destiny. 

There is a lot going on in the manga, not long before the final chapter now. Since the final season is coming out October 2020, I'm giving the manga 10 more chapters. Maybe they can stretch it to 15. The world and the politics going on right now are so fascinating so the mystery wasn't/isn't the only thing driving the show. Plus the fighting/choreography, animation, music etc are all top notch as you said. Man, the last 20 chapters have been incredible, can't wait until they animate them.

vivster said:
I also thought every anime was great when I had only watched 3 animes in my life.

Funny :)) but i watched so many animes i lost count and almost nothing compares to AOT also Season 3 part 2 is so close to be the highest rated anime on My Anime list right now go check it out.  Also also on imdb the episodes are high rated like crazy ! Hero episode is rated 10 based on more than 20k votes. 

sub-zero-TM said:
vivster said:

Funny :)) but i watched so many animes i lost count and almost nothing compares to AOT also Season 3 part 2 is so close to be the highest rated anime on My Anime list right now go check it out.  Also also on imdb the episodes are high rated like crazy ! Hero episode is rated 10 based on more than 20k votes. 

I believe I rated the first season a 9/10 which is really good. It was very tightly directed and ended every episode with a cliffhanger. Of course they couldn't keep that up so the second season only got an 8. I haven't caught up on the most recent season yet.

As far as rating goes it shares its 9 with 141 other animes on my list so I wouldn't call it one of the best animes ever. That's what 10s are for.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
sub-zero-TM said:

I believe I rated the first season a 9/10 which is really good. It was very tightly directed and ended every episode with a cliffhanger. Of course they couldn't keep that up so the second season only got an 8. I haven't caught up on the most recent season yet.

As far as rating goes it shares its 9 with 141 other animes on my list so I wouldn't call it one of the best animes ever. That's what 10s are for.

I think season 2 is more epic than season 1 since it has only 12 episodes it rarely gives us a moment to breathe and of course has one of the most crazy mindblowing moments ever. That being said season 1 is superior cause it has more eps and as you said it's tighter. i rate first two seasons 9/10 , season 3 part 1 8/10 and season 3 part 2 a 10/10.

Be sure to watch it again from the beginning if you plan on catching up cause there are a lot of details and moments in first seasons that are important for season 3 it will be worth it and you will enjoy it more trust me. The only anime i've ever rated a 10/10 was FMAB and now i can safely say that AOT is 10/10 as a whole series.

So what animes are 10/10's in your opinion ?

sub-zero-TM said:
vivster said:

I think season 2 is more epic than season 1 since it has only 12 episodes it rarely gives us a moment to breathe and of course has one of the most crazy mindblowing moments ever. That being said season 1 is superior cause it has more eps and as you said it's tighter. i rate first two seasons 9/10 , season 3 part 1 8/10 and season 3 part 2 a 10/10.

Be sure to watch it again from the beginning if you plan on catching up cause there are a lot of details and moments in first seasons that are important for season 3 it will be worth it and you will enjoy it more trust me. The only anime i've ever rated a 10/10 was FMAB and now i can safely say that AOT is 10/10 as a whole series.

Have a look.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/vivster?status=2&order=4&order2=0

Most recently Made in Abyss and Houseki no Kuni, which are complete 10s in every single aspect of production. Basically flawless. AOT has some visible flaws, especially with characters and death trodden shounen tropes. Also pacing is a huge issue. It's a great anime but but I wouldn't call all of its parts perfectly arranged or executed.

I agree it is one of the best.

vivster said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Have a look.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/vivster?status=2&order=4&order2=0

Most recently Made in Abyss and Houseki no Kuni, which are complete 10s in every single aspect of production. Basically flawless. AOT has some visible flaws, especially with characters and death trodden shounen tropes. Also pacing is a huge issue. It's a great anime but but I wouldn't call all of its parts perfectly arranged or executed.

Let me just say that rarely anything is 10/10 in my book and nothing is perfect so 10/10 doesn't mean perfection. But thanks to AOT S3 Part 2 it cemented itself as one of the best animes ever just look at the ratings everywhere.. and looking at all the seasons together now it's damn near perfect i mean the amount of work they have put in this anime is crazy ! Plot details that seemed unimportant in first seasons all come back in S3 EVERYTHING get's followed through, the seeds planted and little details sprinkled throughout S1 and 2 amount to shocking and mindblowing moments, GOD animation and action , more serious and higher stakes than ever it was epic and amazingly done that's why i think so highly of it. Mark my words when the final season finishes next year AOT will be remembered as one of the best and legendary animes ever and probably will be the highest rated anime topping FMAB it certainly has the potential for that. :)

I loved Made in Abyss and i can't wait for more. I would maybe give it a light 9/10 there is no way i can give 10/10 to show with only 13 eps and with such little story and also i though it was needlessly brutal and F up not that i mind that kind of stuff or that i don't have the stomach for it (AOT has plenty of that) .. i just thought it didn't fit well with the world and the way characters look and act. 

NobleTeam360 said:
I agree it is one of the best.

Thanks Tifa .. yes it is :)) and people are finally recognizing it.