By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Attack on Titan is one of the best animes ever!! prove me wrong (poll)

Tagged games:

Is Attack on Titan one of the best animes ?

Yes 23 41.82%

No 32 58.18%

Total:55
sub-zero-TM said:
pokoko said:
It's good. Better than Kara no Kyoukai, Chihayafuru, Monster, Welcome to the NHK, Houseki no Kuni, or, honestly, quite a few others? I don't think so.

But implying that a My Anime popularity list means much of anything? Come on.

As i said it's at least ONE OF the best today and there is no debating that. But i don't get what you are trying to say here.. so an anime that's very highly rated on my anime list and has very high rated episodes on IMDB of the latest season (a site that's not even an anime site) including one ep that's a pure 10 based on more than 20k votes means absolutely nothing ?? But some a bit more obscure animes that no one watched are good cause they are not popular is that what you are trying to say ? :D so less votes from people all around the world mean more and more mean less ? i guess Breaking Bad isn't one of the best tv show's ever then.

And i don't get why you said popularity list because the days of through the roof hype of season 1 and are long gone.. the mega popularity of AOT has died down these aren't some casual mainstreamers rating the show, i think the people are finally acknowledging it as an amazing show thanks to season 3 and it's only gonna get better with the final season.

Also i love Monster it's one of my favs.. i'm actually rewatching it right now but it has it's flaws and i would never put it above AOT mainly because of the snail pacing and it should have been a bit shorter.

That might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.  First, nothing I listed is obscure--you saying that certainly calls into question your "I've seen a lot of animes" claim.  Second, stop with the strawman garbage--at no point did I say that something is better because it's less popular.  Don't make up shit up, it only makes you look like a liar.

If you want to believe that popularity lists are absolute then go ahead.  I'll hold you to that.  I mean, you're telling me that a decent yet predictable sports anime like Haikyu!! is the 17th best anime ever?  Okay, if you say so.

Around the Network

AoT is epic. period.

I see you got caught by the every 5 minutes inner ''epic'' dialogue that kid keep getting with himself. Art first it was great but pretty soon it got old real fast

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

John2290 said:
The only reason I watch anime is because of the most existential stories are told i the medium so my top shows will always be Stiens gate, Devil man crybaby, Akira and so on i that vien. Attack on Titan is just action drama with big old giants, even Dragonball has more substance than that show albiet I gave up after episode 5 or 6.

AoT seems trivial until the point they discovered that

Spoiler!
the giants are not the enemy, but the people behind the walls, themselves, are the enemy of the entire world. The plot twist change the focus from the titans to something much bigger. Dragon ball cannot even compare to that.
Last edited by cycycychris - on 09 July 2019

Season 3 Part 2 was very well done, as someone who reads the manga and loved that particular arc, I can see why anime fans were so hyped about it. The fights were excellent, the consequences felt natural without the usual BS in this genre, and the titan origin reveal was very well done, making use of foreshadowing throughout the story without feeling too obvious either. There are a lot of manga adaptations I watch where I find myself critiquing the adaptation in my head over and over, and thinking "Would I enjoy this more if I didn't read the manga?" With Attack on Titan, I don't think that thought ever crossed my mind...it's basically an ideal adaptation for anyone who enjoys the source material.

Not sure if I'd put it in my all time favorites list though...I have various issues with the overall package that makes it hard to compartmentalize one 10 episode span of time. The side cast is treated kinda poorly, the plot can move pretty slowly, some twists are handled kind of awkwardly, and because the author doesn't make use of facial faults, some scenes intended as jokes feel more uncomfortable than funny. Overall though, I can certainly see why a show like this would make waves like it did, and I would say it definitely deserves the success its seen. Just hope the final arc is handled well now.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
John2290 said:
The only reason I watch anime is because of the most existential stories are told i the medium so my top shows will always be Stiens gate, Devil man crybaby, Akira and so on i that vien. Attack on Titan is just action drama with big old giants, even Dragonball has more substance than that show albiet I gave up after episode 5 or 6.

Hahaha oh man it's safe to say that you made a very big mistake and totally misjudged the show. AOT is much more deeper than anything you mentioned or at least on par with Steins Gate. xD

You should give it another shot sometime.

CuCabeludo said:
John2290 said:

AoT seems trivial until the point they discovered that

Spoiler!
the giants are not the enemy, but the people behind the walls, themselves, are the enemy of the entire world. The plot twist change the focus from the titans to something much bigger. Dragon ball cannot even compare to that.

Dudeeeee huge SPOILER !!! let him discover the story by himself. Pleasee blur this or something i don't know how it works but please edit this.

And yeah i laughed at the Dragon Ball comparison. It's as i thought... people here still view it as some over dramatic Titan action anime.

Last edited by cycycychris - on 09 July 2019

CuCabeludo said:
AoT is epic. period.

EPIC is just one of the words to describe it. ;) 

Super_Boom said:
Season 3 Part 2 was very well done, as someone who reads the manga and loved that particular arc, I can see why anime fans were so hyped about it. The fights were excellent, the consequences felt natural without the usual BS in this genre, and the titan origin reveal was very well done, making use of foreshadowing throughout the story without feeling too obvious either. There are a lot of manga adaptations I watch where I find myself critiquing the adaptation in my head over and over, and thinking "Would I enjoy this more if I didn't read the manga?" With Attack on Titan, I don't think that thought ever crossed my mind...it's basically an ideal adaptation for anyone who enjoys the source material.

Not sure if I'd put it in my all time favorites list though...I have various issues with the overall package that makes it hard to compartmentalize one 10 episode span of time. The side cast is treated kinda poorly, the plot can move pretty slowly, some twists are handled kind of awkwardly, and because the author doesn't make use of facial faults, some scenes intended as jokes feel more uncomfortable than funny. Overall though, I can certainly see why a show like this would make waves like it did, and I would say it definitely deserves the success its seen. Just hope the final arc is handled well now.

Agreed it was very very well done it surprised me so much and cemented itself as one of my top animes. 

Well hopefully the issues you had will be resolved in final season and i'm confident that it will be one for the history books.. maybe it will even end up on your favourite lists.;)

It is one of the better ones, not sure if I say the best.

personally atm I prefer watching sports anime lol. Even though you know what will happen, same old story.