By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Razer Drops Streamer for Calling Men Trash, Says It's 'Extremism'

donathos said:
Otter said:
Lol, this site remains a cesspits when it comes to opinions.

You think Razor would have a bit of solidarity with all the additional shit a female gamers goes through when in the spotlight and give her a slap on the wrist whilst also supporting her. Comparing that to extremism is dense, as if she means it literally to all men and as if there's a president for this kind of comment translating into violence and discrimination against men. Meanwhile persistence verbal harassment does actually translate into sexual harassment for far too many women out there. This is the exact kind of thinking you adopt when you leave your brain at home and try to apply ethics without any contextual awareness.

"Contextual awareness" here means that you argue for double standards. But there is another way to approach moral reasoning, which is to hold individuals to the same ethical standard without respect to their gender, race, etc.

Like "equality" so many preach about but the real one ;)

Around the Network
donathos said:
Otter said:
Lol, this site remains a cesspits when it comes to opinions.

You think Razor would have a bit of solidarity with all the additional shit a female gamers goes through when in the spotlight and give her a slap on the wrist whilst also supporting her. Comparing that to extremism is dense, as if she means it literally to all men and as if there's a president for this kind of comment translating into violence and discrimination against men. Meanwhile persistence verbal harassment does actually translate into sexual harassment for far too many women out there. This is the exact kind of thinking you adopt when you leave your brain at home and try to apply ethics without any contextual awareness.

"Contextual awareness" here means that you argue for double standards. But there is another way to approach moral reasoning, which is to hold individuals to the same ethical standard without respect to their gender, race, etc.

Of course, so charge children for crimes the same as we do adults. Don't distinguish between manslaughter and murder. It's not my fault you guys can't comprehend nuance, cause and effect, proportionality etc. I'm glad the social shift in the west is contrary to your logic and the logic of so many others here. There is no binary here & razors response could have been far more measured but they're tone deaf :)

Otter said:
donathos said:

Of course, so charge children for crimes the same as we do adults. Don't distinguish between manslaughter and murder. It's not my fault you guys can't comprehend nuance, cause and effect, proportionality etc. I'm glad the social shift in the west is contrary to your logic and the logic of so many others here. There is no binary here & razors response could have been far more measured but they're tone deaf :)

i'm sure almost no one thought he was talking about children,but the difference between them and you could be just that they thought about it while you took the easy way and generalized them.

Razors response could be far more measured sure but it's up to them to decide who to back up with their money,again do not make this genderrelated as it is just about decency online either with females or males and i have seen both of those punished severely for that behaviour.

If you disagree you just can't comprehend nuance ;)

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:
@DonFerrari Can you give a brief summary of what she's saying in the first video since it's not too long? I'd like to know what's being said in all of them, but doubt I'll have the time to learn Portuguese today. :)

Being brief.

Basically someone that was watching the streaming asked her what tools she used (meaning mic, headset, KB+M), and she for unknow reasons start bickering basically saying

"Why is is that whenever a woman is doing a stream, male jerk ask what she is using?", "Why don't you pick your little cock, roll it up and stuck on your ass".

That was one of the videos people reported to Razer and possibly supported their decision as it wasn't just she being upset about a moronic joke that she replied over and above, but a behavior she have repeated even when unprovoked.

Why are you lying? What the hell

COKTOE said:

Ahh, so that's the video you referenced initially. Thanks for that.

She seems like a delightful person. I hope she can bounce back from this, and maybe get a job as a night janitor at a shopping mall. And hey, it will give her ample opportunity to dwell on how all males are trash when she's cleaning the men's room floor with her pissmop.

What he said is simply not the truth. What she said was exactly: "Why do you access a stream for the first time and already ask what the streamer uses for streaming?" Then she said those thing about the commenter's cock. It was obviously super rude, but she didn't mention the commenter's gender and neither she nor us have a way to even know if it was a guy.

I don't know why DonFerrari lied, but draw your own conclusions from that.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
DonFerrari said:

Being brief.

Basically someone that was watching the streaming asked her what tools she used (meaning mic, headset, KB+M), and she for unknow reasons start bickering basically saying

"Why is is that whenever a woman is doing a stream, male jerk ask what she is using?", "Why don't you pick your little cock, roll it up and stuck on your ass".

That was one of the videos people reported to Razer and possibly supported their decision as it wasn't just she being upset about a moronic joke that she replied over and above, but a behavior she have repeated even when unprovoked.

COKTOE said:

Ahh, so that's the video you referenced initially. Thanks for that.

She seems like a delightful person. I hope she can bounce back from this, and maybe get a job as a night janitor at a shopping mall. And hey, it will give her ample opportunity to dwell on how all males are trash when she's cleaning the men's room floor with her pissmop.

What he said is simply not the truth. What she said was exactly: "Why do you access a stream for the first time and already ask what the streamer uses for streaming?" Then she said those thing about the commenter's cock. It was obviously super rude, but she didn't mention the commenter's gender and neither she nor us have a way to even know if it was a guy.

Wut?What are you rambling about?

DonFerrari is correct.The commenter voice is obviously male, so while she didnt explicitly said anything about him being male and all, the moment she says "I use your cock, in "the middle of" your ass", its obvious she assumes he is a male.And even if the guy is actually a woman, how does it makes it less worse?I mean, its still extremely offensive.

Man, there is no defending this racist and prejudiced woman.I know this goes against your idealistic view of life, but still...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Otter said:
donathos said:

"Of course, so charge children for crimes the same as we do adults."

so to reiterate it should be ok for women to call men trash but not for men to call women trash?

"I'm glad the social shift in the west is contrary to your logic and the logic of so many others here."

true and ironically its going to fuck women up

that's why women are now having their skulls broken in mma by men posing as women, but of course you don't care about that since to do so goes against this stupid ideology

your concern for women only extends as far as this ideology allows you

Nautilus said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

DonFerrari is correct.The commenter voice is obviously male, so while she didnt explicitly said anything about him being male and all, the moment she says "I use your cock, in "the middle of" your ass", its obvious she assumes he is a male.And even if the guy is actually a woman, how does it makes it less worse?I mean, its still extremely offensive.

Man, there is no defending this racist and prejudiced woman.I know this goes against your idealistic view of life, but still...

"The commenter voice is obviously male, so while she didnt explicitly said anything about him being male and all, the moment she says "I use your cock, in "the middle of" your ass", its obvious she assumes he is a male."

he's argued with me before that a biological man is a woman if they declare themselves to be one and when questioned on how this makes no sense has said that i'm insincere

so i do see how for him a penis wouldn't be a differentiating factor

"Man, there is no defending this racist and prejudiced woman."

but she's a woman so that's enough for some people at times

Nautilus said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

"The commenter's voice"? She reads a comment, the commenter has no voice.

I'm not defending her, it was extremely offensive, but DonFerrari speaks Portuguese and deliberately lied in his transcription of what she said. You have every right to criticize her, but you have no right to criticize her with lies. That's all.

B O I

o_O.Q said:
Nautilus said:

"The commenter voice is obviously male, so while she didnt explicitly said anything about him being male and all, the moment she says "I use your cock, in "the middle of" your ass", its obvious she assumes he is a male."

he's argued with me before that a biological man is a woman if they declare themselves to be one and when questioned on how this makes no sense has said that i'm insincere

so i do see how for him a penis wouldn't be a differentiating factor

"Man, there is no defending this racist and prejudiced woman."

but she's a woman so that's enough for some people at times

If you go back to that thread you'll see that that's not what happened. Anyway, that discussion should stay in that other thread.

Her being a woman is obviously not a reason to automatically defend her. There's plenty of women I would acutely disagree with. And I don't see why you would call her racist, I don't think she's ever made a racist comment.

B O I

Otter said:
donathos said:

There is a sound biological basis for treating children differently than adults, ethically, in some (but not all) cases: because children are not fully developed mentally. This is the same reason why we might make similar distinctions for those who are heavily mentally handicapped or low-functioning.

But I believe that a grown woman and a grown man, all else being equal, have the same general mental ability; and the same is true with someone perceived as black or white. While there are real differences in a woman or a man's brain chemistry, or in the blood chemistry between someone of African versus European origin, and so forth -- and these differences are significant in certain contexts -- they aren't sufficient to make two categories of "right and wrong," or to say that women or men, or blacks or whites, are somehow not fully accountable for their actions, in the way of a child or someone mentally handicapped. To say otherwise is, imho, itself sexist/racist.

You make a lot of (unwarranted) accusations as to how people who disagree with you don't use their brains, or "can't comprehend nuance," or etc., but to me it looks like maybe you're projecting a bit. There is nuance here that is seemingly lost on you, and important difference between categories like gender, race, age and intention (which speaks to the difference between manslaughter and murder, and is its own kettle of fish). I don't expect you to understand this all at once, because no one works that way, but do give it some more thought over time, and try not to be so insulting as you discuss these things with others. You may need their help to grow.