By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Razer Drops Streamer for Calling Men Trash, Says It's 'Extremism'

o_O.Q said:
DonFerrari said:
OP did a massive distortion of the fact and then wants to condemn Razor, yes much luck to you.

Same YT also cursed, said to a boy to roll his cock and put into own ass after the person only asked what was the set she was using to stream. Instead of only replying razor or whatever she decided to attack.

You are defending someone that depends of good behavior to be liked by subscribers and have good image to the sponsor, when she is doing all but that.

"Same YT also cursed, said to a boy to roll his cock and put into own ass after the person only asked what was the set she was using to stream."

wow that's interesting, do you have a link?

"You are defending someone that depends of good behavior to be liked by subscribers and have good image to the sponsor, when she is doing all but that"

but its a woman isn't it? trying to advance herself in a competitive field under the heteronormative patriarchy?

shouldn't we be more lenient on her as a result?                                                                                                                                                                              

I'd like to see that too. I'd also like to see the mechanical bull riding video, just to gauge how sexually provocative it may or may not be.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
DonFerrari said:
OP did a massive distortion of the fact and then wants to condemn Razor, yes much luck to you.

Same YT also cursed, said to a boy to roll his cock and put into own ass after the person only asked what was the set she was using to stream. Instead of only replying razor or whatever she decided to attack.

You are defending someone that depends of good behavior to be liked by subscribers and have good image to the sponsor, when she is doing all but that.

"Same YT also cursed, said to a boy to roll his cock and put into own ass after the person only asked what was the set she was using to stream."

wow that's interesting, do you have a link?

"You are defending someone that depends of good behavior to be liked by subscribers and have good image to the sponsor, when she is doing all but that"

but its a woman isn't it? trying to advance herself in a competitive field under the heteronormative patriarchy?

shouldn't we be more lenient on her as a result?                                                                                                                                                                              

It was a print of twitter convo posted on reply in facebook, will try to dig it. Will post what I find during the search.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448423429312944&set=a.345404666281488&type=3&eid=ARCjesHa1V3qIAtwLhLduqPL7G2IjQXgXlzQE91_A6Rd2aCEofrtdAZJnXBbq4roqkU2wJT05N-q8DD3

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LuccaCardoso1 said:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb8w98/gaming-company-razer-drops-streamer-for-calling-men-trash-says-its-hate-speech?utm_source=wptwitterus

The Brazilian streamer Gabriela Cattuzzo was recently dropped from Razer and announced "she is stepping away from social media after her personal information was posted online". Here's a summary of what happened:

Cattuzzo posted a picture of her riding a mechanical bull on Twitter, to which a guy replied "you can ride me as much as you want". Then, she replied to him "There's always an asshole to talk shit and sexualize women, even when the woman is making a joke, right? That's why men are trash." She later added that "non-shitty men are the exception". She then began to be harrassed online, including on a notoriously misogynistic and racist Brazilian chan, Dogolachan (whose founder was arrested last year for racism and death threats). An old video of her being rude to a viewer surfaced, and she apologized for it.

A few days later, Razer Brazil posted a statement on Twitter, where they affirmed that they wouldn't be renewing her contract when it expires next week, and where they first wrote the now infamous sentence "We have been since the beginning, as gamers, confronted with all types of preconceptions and stereotypes, and we will continue to fight so that this type of situation won't repeat itself." Cattuzzo apologized for reacting aggressively, but not for defending herself.

I've been following this story quite closely, so now I'm going to say what I've been seeing:

Some people dug in and found out that Razer Brazil's PR department is 100% comprised of men. Razer's statement has been receiving a shocking amount of backlash, with some of the most relevant gaming personalities in the country saying they will boycott the brand going forward. A lot of people have also been pointing out the hypocrisy by Razer's part, since they always act feminist in public events but fire a woman for responding to harassment, when men have said other equally questionable things in the past and came out unscathed.

And as always, there's the "#NotAllMen" crowd too. But those seem to not be as loud this time.

What do you think? Did Razer do the right thing?

" when men have said other equally questionable things in the past and came out unscathed."

can i get an example of this?

What do people not get that it is the companies right to hire and fire whoever they want to represent them. It isn't like this woman has a right to be paid by such company if they deem she isn't fit to be a spokeswoman.

Also, influencers...  lol kids these days.  How the fuck is she going to make me want to buy a product by posting on social media?  What is she going to take a pic of herself in front of a laptop and then I'm supposed to be like you know what I think I'll try that brand.  I wish someone would release a virus on twitter, facebook, and all other shit sites and just knock them off the face of the internet.  

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 26 June 2019

RolStoppable said:
I feel like I am one of the few men left who isn't bothered by women calling men trash. While the opposite is a problem, calling men trash is not, because men don't need protection like women do.

This post is poetry! It hands out to all sides, I love it.

Around the Network

Razer can do what it wants with its own money for how they want to be represented ,i do not agree with it but it's not my right to tell them what to do.

Mr Puggsly said:

1. The Brazillian PR department being all men is not necessarily a big deal. Its certainly not the entire company and clearly they are open to working with women.

2. Responding to harassment is not the problem. A direct comparison would be a black person acting like an asshole so you mock the entire race. She should be smarter than that, but many people believe attacking men is acceptable.

1. No one is saying it's a big deal per se, that just kind of explains their statement.

2. She obviously replied in one of the worst ways, but imagine receiving hundreds of messages like that every time you post a picture. It feels like that was just the one that made her snap.

JRPGfan said:

Also if your a woman so easily triggered, and representing a compony, dont post pictures+videos of yourself rideing mechanical bulls.
She shouldnt have replied to that guy, if she couldnt do it without being a bigger dick, than the person that wrote that comment to her.

Also I bet if you look at who their market base is (ei. how many people buy their products by geneder), you ll find its like 95% male.

"you can ride me as much as you want".

^ thats actually super positive. This (singular) Man approves of her looks, in her sexy video she posted (for attention).
Its to be expected if your a hot woman, and do sexy videos, you ll end up getting this type of attention.

"There's always an asshole to talk shit and sexualize women, even when the woman is making a joke, right? That's why (all) men are trash."

^ this is genderisation of all men.
And if she didnt want attention, why is she posting videos of mechanical bull rideing? Plus its not even that offensive a comment.
Hers is much more offensive imo.

So you're blaming the victim. You're using the exact same argument of those people that say that women shouldn't use short clothes if they don't want to be raped. Come on. Be better.

She didn't post a video, she posted a picture. And it was not even close to sexy, it was just a picture of a woman riding a mechanical bull, even looking kind of nervous because u know, people ride mechanical bulls, it's fun. She shouldn't be forced to stop posting the absolutely normal non-sexual pictures because some stupid guys in the internet can't handle seeing a human being with boobs without being assholes.

Saying "you can ride me as much as you want" is not positive. It's extremely uncomfortable. It was not a sexy or provocative picture.

crissindahouse said:
So, people find out that Razr's PR department is full of men and that is used to prove how Razr is the bad one?

Kinda funny how people use a typical generalization to complain about a company which acts against generalizations.

That doesn't mean Razer is the bad one. It only means that they didn't have any female input when writing their statement. That's all that means.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

A woman puts up sexy images or videos and expects to get hit on by stacks of guys, it is fair game
There is nothing wrong with compliments like: lovely eyes, nice boobs, great hair!
All fair and reasonable to say those things.
With social media/dating apps, guys can harass as many women he wants online and get away with it.

It was not sexy. Just because there's a woman in a picture, it doesn't mean it's sexy. And there was no video, it was just a picture.

"Nice boobs" is not a compliment! It's extremely uncomfortable. What if a guy posted a regular picture and half of the women in the comments were like "fuck me", or "nice package". It's terrible.

o_O.Q said:
I just love btw how the op is presumably male and has extremism in quotation marks as if its debatable whether men are trash or not

I took the title from the article. "Extremism" is in quotations because the article is quoting Razer. Quotes have multiple functions, you know?

DonFerrari said:

It was a print of twitter convo posted on reply in facebook, will try to dig it. Will post what I find during the search.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448423429312944&set=a.345404666281488&type=3&eid=ARCjesHa1V3qIAtwLhLduqPL7G2IjQXgXlzQE91_A6Rd2aCEofrtdAZJnXBbq4roqkU2wJT05N-q8DD3

That's a completely different person, I don't know what that has to do with anything.

B O I

MrWayne said:
RolStoppable said:
I feel like I am one of the few men left who isn't bothered by women calling men trash. While the opposite is a problem, calling men trash is not, because men don't need protection like women do.

This post is poetry! It hands out to all sides, I love it.

i thought you were telling me before that you don't see any reason for differentiation to happen between men and women?

yet here you are praising it?

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1. The Brazillian PR department being all men is not necessarily a big deal. Its certainly not the entire company and clearly they are open to working with women.

2. Responding to harassment is not the problem. A direct comparison would be a black person acting like an asshole so you mock the entire race. She should be smarter than that, but many people believe attacking men is acceptable.

1. No one is saying it's a big deal per se, that just kind of explains their statement.

2. She obviously replied in one of the worst ways, but imagine receiving hundreds of messages like that every time you post a picture. It feels like that was just the one that made her snap.

1. I dont think it explains much of anything, just allows assumptions.  Menn can defend unreasonable behavior from women as well.

2. The internet is a cesspool, its riddled with trolls. I think this is something anybody who makes a professional living off the internet should understand. I really feel like the trolls just happen to unveil her own inappropriate views or thoughts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Raazer did the right thing, and it should be obvious.You dont go calling people names like that and expect the company that is sponsoring you to be cool with it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1