By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Bros 2 US (Doki Doki Panic) vs Mario Bros 2 JP (The Lost Levels)

I choose...

Mario Bros 2 US (Doki Doki Panic) 36 90.00%

Mario Bros 2 JP (The Lost Levels) 4 10.00%

Total:40

For those who've played both, which do you prefer, and why?

Around the Network

Doki Doki Panic is far far better. SMB2 was pointlessly difficult to the point of being devoid of fun. I've finished it before but I wasn't satisfied at all, Doki Doki Panic was actually enjoyable

Doki Doki Panic is better.

SMB2 was ok. But it was too hard, and there weren't enough new things in it. DDP was fresher, and more enjoyable.

SMB2 USA by far. Lost Levels adds basically nothing new to the series. It actively punishes players for exploring, is poorly paced, and basically feels like a mediocre fan hack. USA is actually a pretty good game.

i was pretty syked to finally play lost levels. And I couldn[t bring myself to play it for more than a few minutes. Sometimes a reinvented wheel wins.

Around the Network

SMB2(doki doki panic) is one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Japanese SMB2 was not fun to play. It lacked imagination. It felt like SMB DLC.

Doki Doki added a ton of characters and abilities to the lore. Plus it was graphically beautiful at the time. It was even fun to just watch someone else play.

Typed a reply and then my phone crashed. I'll summarize'

Japanese SMB2 was just SMB DLC. It wasn't fun to play either.

Doki Doki added a ton to the lore. Moves, characters, abilities. It looked great. It was even fun to watch somebody else play.

SMB2 was a rehash of the first, just harder. Doki was unique and was fresh. Doki was far better.

Mario 2 (US), a weird but fun game.